Couple questions now that I own it!

#11Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 7:13:56 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
...stupid question I know..

what the hell triggers the All Star moves? I read it was coins but I can't see a gauge or any rhyme or reason what brings these? Where is the gauge EXACTLY!

Sorry I know it's stupid lol..I know i'll feel stupid after I'm told.

how cool would a Gunvalkyrie track be?

Sumo supposedly removed the gauge system for the All-Star moves, and it's currently triggered in the same fashion as the previous game, through random chance in an Item Capsule.

There's no shop because they actually want you to work for the characters this time! Because, of course, what's better than racing as a Dreamcast boat!?
---
The Gene Wedge of...no board in particular.
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman describes the Black 2 Boards best: "Mudada!"
#12Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 8:13:19 PM
oh..............so all star is ONLY from random item capsules?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#13Great_STreasurePosted 12/2/2012 8:55:54 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
oh..............so all star is ONLY from random item capsules?

Take it like Mario Kart - each item has a probability of coming out. This one doesn't quite have that high of a probability because it's essentially a comeback mechanic that varies in effectiveness by character.

Rumour has it that collecting Coins during races increases your chances of getting one overall (which is why people are speculating that this is where the All-Star Meter went), to the point where some racers have gotten it in 2nd place.
---
The Gene Wedge of...no board in particular.
Kyurem and the Sacred Swordsman describes the Black 2 Boards best: "Mudada!"
#14SR71haloPosted 12/3/2012 4:47:14 PM
What are considered the best characters??

I think that's mostly subjective. Not only does each character differ in stats, but there are mods to use too. My favorite is Knuckles but I would say experiment and see which character/mod combination works for you.
---
Now Leave!
#15YawnKingPosted 12/3/2012 8:40:41 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

Also, I love the Afterburner track but I have never played the original game and it seems a little obscure, as do many of the characters you unlock - I wonder why they went so obscure with some of this stuff when there are so many more readily known...don't get me wrong I love obscure but there are quite a few SEGA franchises that are less obscure..

Really? It's less obscure than GunValkyrie. The game has been in arcades, on Master System, Genesis, 32X, Saturn, PC Engine and several home computers, with some of the ports done by the people who later made Star Fox. It's in Shenmue 2, therefore on DC and Xbox also, and in compilation packs of arcade games on DC and GBA. G-LOC (the game sometimes seen in the R360 cabinet that spins people upside down), Strike Fighter and Sky Target are all follow ups. Afterburner III was on Sega CD. Afterburner was remade on PS2 as part of the Sega Ages 2500 series. Afterburner Climax is on XBLA and PSN as well as being an arcade game. Bayonetta referenced it (you may recognise the music). So did Gunstar Super Heroes. The jet sometimes appears in OutRun 2. I recently watched a currently ongoing anime where a mobile phone's ringtone was from Afterburner...

What I don't get is why Samba de Amigo is so prominent, again. The original game was fun enough, but there's not much to it or its characters, and there can't be that many people who have played it. Amigo is ugly so I can't imagine it encouraging anyone to check the original game out. I got the impression that it was put together by a few Sonic Team staff in their lunch breaks while they were working on Sonic Adventure 2 and Phantasy Star Online. Speaking of Phantasy Star, shouldn't Sega be pushing that a bit harder, for the sake of PSO2?
#16Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:33:11 AM(edited)
I never said GV was less obscure than AB, however by you listing where AB has appeared makes it seem all the more obscure to me..if not obscure than "ancient" and it just doesn't seem to be a good pick for the people "more than likely" playing this game. (but they are fun)

I agree with the Samba stuff, ugh, not idea why this is so prominent in BOTH games, makes no sense.. so many better SEGA franchises to tap.
---
#17Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 6:31:25 AM
which area considered the "Main" part of the game? World tour?
---
#18SR71haloPosted 12/5/2012 7:58:39 AM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

I'd assume so considering the varying objectives and the fact that all of the unlockables are there.
---
Now Leave!
#19gsk6390Posted 12/5/2012 1:40:22 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...

I'd say the multiplayer since it's a racing game <_<

Unless you meant main single player stuff, in which case yeah World Tour for the very reasons SR71halo said
---
100 Awesome Kirbys: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=253
UK gamer with online Smash64 and MvC3
#20YawnKingPosted 12/5/2012 6:24:01 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
I never said GV was less obscure than AB, however by you listing where AB has appeared makes it seem all the more obscure to me..if not obscure than "ancient" and it just doesn't seem to be a good pick for the people "more than likely" playing this game. (but they are fun)

Afterburner Climax is from 2006, and is a whole new game rather than a remake. I'd say it's got as much right to be there as Golden Axe, Shinobi and OutRun.

But, it would perhaps have made more sense to hold it back for something that is more of a tribute to fast 3D arcade games, rather than a cutesy power-up items based racer.