Weirdest stuff you've seen the AI do/pull

#1WiredKnightPosted 12/3/2012 5:39:38 PM
Ok I had two things yesterday of the AI acting screwy, cheating or just plain glitching so I thought I'd share and I'm curious what your experiences are.

1. Vs. Race from World Tour I was up against Knuckles - I hit him with all three ice shots, freezing him. Despite this he continued to drive faster than me on a straightaway while still frozen.

2. AI in a race in world tour, I shoot him with a rocket which either hits him or he blocks it with another item and nothing happens. Despite this he immedietly pulls ou ta glove right after the other item is destroyed. I have no idea where he got it, you can't store two items in world tour to the best of my knowledge and he HAD to have expended one item that I clearly saw explode at his location else he ignored it.

3. Ok this I am willing to chalk up to being a glitch because it's just wierd. I was doing the VS race on Sunshine Tour on Expert. Beat the first racer, next up is Amy. Game loads up AMY (you know, when you have no control). Next thing we're racing and I get hit by Ice FROM BEHIND! Where the hell did that shot come form? It's VS, I can clearly see Amy in front of me. It wasn't just my eyes playing tricks on me, two other shots then came both from behind - I could clearly see it this time because the second two shots missed (hell, one hit Amy). I really have no idea what happened here.
#2Edwin LimPosted 12/4/2012 1:53:08 AM
The reason why the AI can keep pace with you when frozen is because of the rubberbanding. It happens on B class all the way to S class. I never noticed rubberbanding on C class though.

But back to topic. I had once the AI who was ahead of me try to shoot another AI in front of him with the firework item. But instead, the firework bounced off the wall and hitting himself instead. It was really funny I wish I had recorded it.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#3DuConLaFlemePosted 12/4/2012 8:43:44 AM
Was playing on skies of arcadia, last turn I'm only 2nd and way behind the 1st.
Then we reach the plane part just before the river and the AI take a sharp turn out the map to hit a battle ship, leaving me the first place. S-rank is a lot easier when that happens.
#4Roast_GriefPosted 12/4/2012 12:47:55 PM
Twice in a World Tour Vs. Race, I had something similar happen to your third thing:

I was ahead of my opponent (Don't remember who at this point) when suddenly, Ice shots come from AHEAD of me. I barely dodge them and win.

My thoughts on this phenomena is that I was approaching where a previous driver de-spawned, but they were still technically there, but invisible or something, and shot backwards at me.
Or I'm just crazy.
---
Uh... Zoop.
#5DegalonPosted 12/5/2012 5:29:18 AM
What happens for me, is the AI constantly rams me, Burnout style.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#6DeeNinjaaPosted 12/5/2012 11:13:18 AM
TC, I know the cause of your second issue. There are certain "super" itemboxes that award you with double the amount of an item you normally get. The CPU most likely got 2 gloves from one.
#7WiredKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 1:05:38 PM
I'm aware of the super items. I'll admit I didn't consider that he got it (strangely I never see the AIs go for these when I race) but gloves don't generally get provided in duplicate and rather it just gives you the blue glove. Which I saw him pull out after my other shot was blocked.
#8ParaSpartanPosted 12/6/2012 12:29:50 AM
Was 2nd to last after botching a start boost and the AI ahead of me shot his drone backwards directly in to me.

This was S rank AI.
---
~~SUPER SONIC FIGHTER~~
Sonic the Hedgehog FTW!
#9Xian_OvergearPosted 12/8/2012 4:24:26 AM
God it annoys me so much when you're right near the back and Ai would rather throw items backwards than forward.
"I'd rather mess you up than win"
And then Ralph, more often him than anyone else, somehow pulls really far ahead
---
Azuligear lv 9x Scanian Mercedes.
#10baraatje123Posted 12/22/2012 1:04:01 AM
Xian_Overgear posted...
And then Ralph, more often him than anyone else, somehow pulls really far ahead

Did you ever looked at Pudding, she is so awful as an opponent, but not so good to play as. I leveled her to lvl star but still, not so good, well for me then.