Thinking of getting this game, have some questions

#1SniperNightOwlPosted 12/4/2012 1:14:24 PM(edited)
1. I heard PS3 and Wii U versions were suffering from many bad glitches. Are they in the 360 version too?

2. Is Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue in the game yet? I know he won the DLC poll, when do they plan to have him available (and for how much)

3. Is the netcode as good as the last one?

Thanks in advance
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.
#2Setnaro XPosted 12/4/2012 1:47:01 PM
1. There are a lot of glitches between all versions of the game. It's not very game breaking, but it can be bothersome from time to time. A lot of the glitches happen either because you have to go out of your way to make it work (like the time trial videos by MilsTailsPrower on youtube) or it can happen by getting yourself into the wrong place at the wrong time, though that, at least for me, has been pretty minimal.

The Wii U version is currently having one disastrous glitch thanks to the day one patch. It wasn't an oversight because it didn't affect the EU owners, but for whatever season, it's affecting the US version. Basically, it removes the checkpoints in certain challenges, making the challenge themselves literally unbeatable. Sumo/S0L said they got a patch to fix this up, but it's not hosted online just yet.

2. Ryo's not in the game in playable form. The poll isn't meant to be a surefire confirmation that we will get DLC, it was just S0L challenging the fans to see if the requests are as strong as the fans say it is, and that the top 3 characters will be presented to SEGA. What SEGA decides to do and wether or not they decide to go ahead and let Sumo work on the DLC, we've yet to see.

3. Netcode is decent at best. Unfortunately, there are issues going on online where players with weak connections can bump other players out of the road with very little effort. There's also the issue of random disconnections every now and them. Sumo is apparently working on a patch for this as well.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#3SR71haloPosted 12/4/2012 3:01:39 PM
1. There are quite a few glitches but nothing game breaking. Supposedly there are more in the Wii U version than any other copy.

2. Unknown as of yet, we don't even know if that poll was worth our time yet.

3. It's ok. I've noticed a lot more problems online than offline like bumping (there's bumping offline too but it doesn't screw you over nearly as bad as it does online).
---
Now Leave!
#4SniperNightOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2012 10:05:09 AM
thanks for the honest answers guys, really appreciate it. I'll hold off for now and see what kinds of patches and DLC this game gets.
---
Stating your opinion =/= Trolling. Deal with it. Get over it. And stop whining.