This has become very frustrating

#1Tru_NavaronePosted 12/10/2012 1:11:42 PM
Yet another complaint thread
Its been a while since Ive been so frustrated with a game.
Sometimes this game just goes stupid.

Ive hit a jump and sometimes I'll go at a bad angle, No problem, I'll trick roll back into position but then after I make the correction the game will respawn me even though my racer lands perfectly fine back on the course WTF

Another similar problem, Ill be drifting trough a turn and a back wheel or two will hang off the edge and the game will decide to respawn. WTF, I was in control!

I was doing a VS battle on carnival crash and I was hanging close to Sonic in an effort to ram him into the wall at the very beginning of the race and some how I would get hit by an invisible item. No items had been picked up but I would get hit and I would see what seems to be the blowfish collision effect. I tried it 5+ times just to be sure I wasnt going crazy. Sure enough, it happened every time. WTF

Boat controls goes dumb and if hit a jump, many time the damn boat does a 180. Nice, now I'm boosting in the opposite direction.

Trying to control the damn plane in a "drift" is just confusing. And if you hit something, half the time the controls just seem to go haywire.

Ive hit jumps and tricked but the game will say trick failed and i'll receive no boost. HOW DID I FAIL WHEN I'M STILL IN THE FRICKIN AIR?

Ive been hit by own rockets and blowfish way too many times
items apparently stay on the board the entire race if no one hits it. It was quite a surprise when I went around a turn and hit tthe same damn blowfish I dropped in the previous lap
not being able to boost through obstacle now sucks
And actually running into an opponent after they've just been hit make no sense. What happened the invincibility a racer receives after they've been hit?

Not gonna go into Ai difficulty as it is well documented

With all this nonsense, It makes me really miss the first game but I'll continue my efforts to get all the characters and and mods. Sitting at 140 stars at the moments.

Oh yea, I will not be making an attempt to expert everything. The game is just too annoying for me to go for it.
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#2Gunvalkyrie2Posted 12/10/2012 1:41:42 PM
a problem ive had is the game has a problem with close finishes.. SAYING VERBALLY I finished 2nd and then in the standings I'm 3rd (single races too)
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#3DegalonPosted 12/10/2012 2:34:41 PM
Tru_Navarone posted...
Yet another complaint thread
Its been a while since Ive been so frustrated with a game.
Sometimes this game just goes stupid.

Ive hit a jump and sometimes I'll go at a bad angle, No problem, I'll trick roll back into position but then after I make the correction the game will respawn me even though my racer lands perfectly fine back on the course WTF

Another similar problem, Ill be drifting trough a turn and a back wheel or two will hang off the edge and the game will decide to respawn. WTF, I was in control!

I was doing a VS battle on carnival crash and I was hanging close to Sonic in an effort to ram him into the wall at the very beginning of the race and some how I would get hit by an invisible item. No items had been picked up but I would get hit and I would see what seems to be the blowfish collision effect. I tried it 5+ times just to be sure I wasnt going crazy. Sure enough, it happened every time. WTF

Boat controls goes dumb and if hit a jump, many time the damn boat does a 180. Nice, now I'm boosting in the opposite direction.

Trying to control the damn plane in a "drift" is just confusing. And if you hit something, half the time the controls just seem to go haywire.

Ive hit jumps and tricked but the game will say trick failed and i'll receive no boost. HOW DID I FAIL WHEN I'M STILL IN THE FRICKIN AIR?

Ive been hit by own rockets and blowfish way too many times
items apparently stay on the board the entire race if no one hits it. It was quite a surprise when I went around a turn and hit tthe same damn blowfish I dropped in the previous lap
not being able to boost through obstacle now sucks
And actually running into an opponent after they've just been hit make no sense. What happened the invincibility a racer receives after they've been hit?

Not gonna go into Ai difficulty as it is well documented

With all this nonsense, It makes me really miss the first game but I'll continue my efforts to get all the characters and and mods. Sitting at 140 stars at the moments.

Oh yea, I will not be making an attempt to expert everything. The game is just too annoying for me to go for it.

With the exception of the AI difficulty, thats almost all entirely your own fault. For example.

1) Just don't go off the track at ALL.
2) you can "overtrick." As in, you can only trick boost up to 3 times. if you do it a fourth, it cancels all of them and counts as a failure.
3) Don't run into items sitting in the middle of the track. thats easy enough.

Stuff like that.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#4Tru_Navarone(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 2:58:35 PM
1. sometimes you have to take the edge to get around the competition. Was acceptable in the first one but not in this one for some retarded reason

2. I would do just 1 trick and it would say trick fail. JUST ONE. explain? Sometimes afterwards I would try a second and it would still say trick fail

3. well duh. just something from the first one that I wish they left in. Robot in the way? boost through that sucker
---
#5SR71haloPosted 12/10/2012 4:23:34 PM
1. sometimes you have to take the edge to get around the competition. Was acceptable in the first one but not in this one for some retarded reason

Actually I recall a few occasions where it counted as OB when I clearly landed on the track. More times than in this game, in fact.

2. I would do just 1 trick and it would say trick fail. JUST ONE. explain? Sometimes afterwards I would try a second and it would still say trick fail

Perhaps you barely missed a small jump that was either too small for even one trick or you just did it slightly too late. Happens to me quite often., but most of those were my fault for miscalculating.
---
Now Leave!
#6Tru_Navarone(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2012 4:32:47 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7DegalonPosted 12/10/2012 4:35:09 PM
Tru_Navarone posted...
1. sometimes you have to take the edge to get around the competition. Was acceptable in the first one but not in this one for some ******* reason

3. well duh. just something from the first one that I wish they left in. Robot in the way? boost through that sucker

1) Maybe it was just the track you were on, I've been able to get half my car hanging off the track here and there.

2) Well...depends on the trick. Like the first little airtime in panzer dragoon, i've only had time for a side trick, not forward or back, and I need precise timing to fit it into that one window of opportunity.

3) Well they toned down boosts overall in this one, so they arent the invincible infinite superspeed exploit they were before. I don't even boost half the time anymore.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#8Tru_Navarone(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2012 3:15:01 AM
definitely not a small jump, especially if I have enough time to attempt a second

maybe I'm not explaining this properly

I would hit a jump, I would trick, trick failed, while still in the air I would attempt a second trick, trick failed. I dont always have enough time to attempt a second trick but I figure this would better explain what I'm trying to say. This doesn't happen a lot but it happens enough times for me to take notice
---
#9R_Fated_CirclePosted 12/11/2012 11:22:48 AM
Only glitch I've had happen to me so far in my 15 hours of gametime is on the shinobi track I hit a boost did some tricks and then my car kept going through the track endlessly like I fell through it or something. I had to press start and quit the race, cause I was stuck in an endless loop of falling through the track
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 12/11/2012 2:45:40 PM
What's the benefit to doing three tricks? Does it make the boost stronger? I haven't put much time into the game so I know next to nothing. I just watch my son play usually.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue