HOW Is A New Mario Kart Game Gonna Top Or Be Even With S&ASRT?

#1Above OmnipotencePosted 12/25/2012 11:42:35 AM
As of now I just can't comprehend it. Nintendo will have to SERIOUSLY pull something out of their arses to even come close to this game. This game has:

1. Great characters(a few of them could've been replaced with much better characters)
2. Extremely awesome soundtrack
3. Excellent stages, need I say more?
4. EVERY character is playable and has a chance at winning a race.
5. The controls are flawless
6. 12 downloadable characters and stages are on the way
7. This may just be a rumor but, I'm hearing that every character is gonna get 1 more extra Mod called the "Super Star Mod.
8. Graphics are beautiful.

Now of course, every games has it's faults.

1. Collision with other people online! This NEEDS to be fixed ASAP! I can't count how many time I've bumped into somebody and I've gotten knocked into a wall and got stuck, knock off a track, knocked backwards about a 1,000 feet with no possible way of catching up.
2. The score glith! About every so often I'll win a online race but, when the scoreboard comes up it shows that I'm somehow in dead last place and I'd lose roughly 130 points. This needs to be fixed ASAP and RESET the scoreboards in the updates.

So, what can Nintendo show us in a next Mario Kart game that'll come even close to this?
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#2DegalonPosted 12/25/2012 1:20:57 PM
Well, few things here.

1) By virtue of simply being Mario. Its like Call of Duty and Halo, and Street Fighter. It sells by brand name alone, regardless of game quality.

2) Last game's soundtrack was way better.

3) Where did anyone say anything about DLC? Link?

4) Graphics...are actually worse than the last game it seems. At least with character models.

This game kinda pulled a DOA5, in that the actual mechanics are better, but everything else is worse.

As for a mario kart actually being better...they'd need to have actual RACING in it. Some kind of adrenaline rush. in Mario Kart, you just kinda coast along, looking for Items to throw. In this game, while still present, Items aren't as much of a factor in the race.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3Setnaro XPosted 12/25/2012 9:43:30 PM
Last game's soundtrack was way better.

First of all, opinion. Second of all, why does the first game receive better praise on the soundtrack when they are just rips from the original games? Even if the songs themselves are great to begin with, there was hardly anything NEW to enjoy. And a lot of song choices didn't feel like racing type music. At least with Transformed, we get to experience some new stuff in the form of remixes to make it feel appropriate for racing. And many of the remixes are great. Like Adder's Lair, Carrier Zone, and the awesome "That's Enough/Everybody Jump Around" mashup in Graffiti City.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#4DegalonPosted 12/25/2012 11:00:57 PM
Setnaro X posted...
Last game's soundtrack was way better.

First of all, opinion. Second of all, why does the first game receive better praise on the soundtrack when they are just rips from the original games? Even if the songs themselves are great to begin with, there was hardly anything NEW to enjoy. And a lot of song choices didn't feel like racing type music. At least with Transformed, we get to experience some new stuff in the form of remixes to make it feel appropriate for racing. And many of the remixes are great. Like Adder's Lair, Carrier Zone, and the awesome "That's Enough/Everybody Jump Around" mashup in Graffiti City.

1) You could choose music on the tracks.

2) Most of the remixes are utterly forgettable. I, and most others, would prefer to actually have Super SOnic Racing, as in the first race, rather than a generic ringtone jingle vaguely to the tune of Super Sonic Racing, as with this game.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5serpentaurusPosted 12/26/2012 1:07:00 AM
Above Omnipotence posted...
6. 12 downloadable characters and stages are on the way
7. This may just be a rumor but, I'm hearing that every character is gonna get 1 more extra Mod called the "Super Star Mod.

REALLY???

this would be extra awesome. Any more info regarding new characters, like release dates or names? :D

Yeah, the new mario karts suck. This game remind me a lot of DKR back in the N64 days, DKR was the obvious better game over MK64, maybe people just prefer MK because of the nostalgia factor and because its a nintendo game
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#6nardinizzlePosted 12/26/2012 9:14:16 AM
http://www.giantbomb.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/61-38173/characters/ I just came across this link. now im not sure if this was the original list and 4 of those names didnt make the cut but you'll see 3 characters from a series called team fortress. Personally i would have liked based off the stages that are already in the game maybe adding death adder himself to compliment gillus, or even adding something from the house of the dead. Lets wait and see what happens
#7DegalonPosted 12/26/2012 4:14:02 PM
nardinizzle posted...
http://www.giantbomb.com/sonic-all-stars-racing-transformed/61-38173/characters/ I just came across this link. now im not sure if this was the original list and 4 of those names didnt make the cut but you'll see 3 characters from a series called team fortress. Personally i would have liked based off the stages that are already in the game maybe adding death adder himself to compliment gillus, or even adding something from the house of the dead. Lets wait and see what happens

Team fortress is already in the PC version, in place of the Miis or Avatars.
---
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 12/26/2012 6:55:35 PM
The next Mario Kart game can top this by simply being polished. I've enjoyed this game very much, but it's very buggy. Today my son and I did a ton of races on expert and managed to unlock all the characters, but it was a struggle. Playing on expert seems to trigger so many odd glitches, and they usually aren't in your favor.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9serpentaurusPosted 12/26/2012 9:21:54 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I've enjoyed this game very much, but it's very buggy.

give it a rest, every big game will have hundreds of glitches 1st month; you should have been in the mvc3 vanilla release, 1 whole year, that game was a glitch fest. People still enjoyed it and loved it (myself included). Umvc3 is much better just because it fixed the main glitches, but even now its filled with them and people keep discovering them. If you want a glitchless game go play chess or some other game with simple mechanics. Big games with great and broad concepts always start with glitches

Sega will release a patch to fix those glitches eventually

Mario Kart can only best this game with better concepts/game mechanics, being more polished wont make any game more enjoyable if it fails as a whole
---
Now playing: UMvC3, Dark Souls
#10DarkAdonis123Posted 12/26/2012 10:19:53 PM
serpentaurus posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I've enjoyed this game very much, but it's very buggy.

give it a rest, every big game will have hundreds of glitches 1st month; you should have been in the mvc3 vanilla release, 1 whole year, that game was a glitch fest. People still enjoyed it and loved it (myself included). Umvc3 is much better just because it fixed the main glitches, but even now its filled with them and people keep discovering them. If you want a glitchless game go play chess or some other game with simple mechanics. Big games with great and broad concepts always start with glitches

Sega will release a patch to fix those glitches eventually

Mario Kart can only best this game with better concepts/game mechanics, being more polished wont make any game more enjoyable if it fails as a whole

Every big game is not loaded down with glitches like this game is so just stop. And this isn't even a big game. So they have even less of an excuse. I've been playing games since the atari days. I know the difference between a game with a few glitches that got through Q&A and a game that's just rushed. This game is the later.

Like I said before, I enjoy the game, but it is what it is.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue