HOW Is A New Mario Kart Game Gonna Top Or Be Even With S&ASRT?

#11SILKAPosted 1/3/2013 6:25:41 AM
Mario Kart really doesn't need to do anything because it's already at the top.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#12megasoniczxxPosted 1/3/2013 10:37:09 AM
SILKA posted...
Mario Kart really doesn't need to do anything because it's already at the top.

As much as I hate to say it, its true. We all know mario karts gonna always be good just being the way it is because people literally just flock to a new mario game whenever its released and no one will care about the problems, even if there is something better.
#13LorenaLaruePosted 1/3/2013 1:30:51 PM
As a racing game I enjoy this more than Mario Kart but what this game lacks is accessibility and the learning curve is too steep for most people.

Could you imagine a parent buying this for their kids because of the art style but when the kid puts it in to play they never get anything better than 6th place. This is why the game will remain niche.
#14Edwin LimPosted 1/4/2013 4:08:53 AM
Personally, I think this game should not be compared to Mario Kart because Mario Kart is accessible even for kids. This game is not accessible for kids unless they have an adult to help them. I think even adults struggle with this game sometimes lol.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#15Chagen46Posted 1/4/2013 5:06:45 PM
Degalon posted...
Setnaro X posted...
Last game's soundtrack was way better.

First of all, opinion. Second of all, why does the first game receive better praise on the soundtrack when they are just rips from the original games? Even if the songs themselves are great to begin with, there was hardly anything NEW to enjoy. And a lot of song choices didn't feel like racing type music. At least with Transformed, we get to experience some new stuff in the form of remixes to make it feel appropriate for racing. And many of the remixes are great. Like Adder's Lair, Carrier Zone, and the awesome "That's Enough/Everybody Jump Around" mashup in Graffiti City.

1) You could choose music on the tracks.

2) Most of the remixes are utterly forgettable. I, and most others, would prefer to actually have Super SOnic Racing, as in the first race, rather than a generic ringtone jingle vaguely to the tune of Super Sonic Racing, as with this game.

No, they're forgettable in YOUR eyes. I personally love the soundtrack. Go back to school and learn the meaning of "subjectivity".
#16SR71haloPosted 1/4/2013 6:26:28 PM(edited)
1) You could choose music on the tracks.

Invalid.

2) Most of the remixes are utterly forgettable. I, and most others, would prefer to actually have Super SOnic Racing, as in the first race, rather than a generic ringtone jingle vaguely to the tune of Super Sonic Racing, as with this game.

Seeing as how the original Super Sonic Racing sucked and the remix in this is actually bearable, hell no. The soundtrack in this game is actually original, unlike the first, and they all actually fit the game.

Anyway, the next Mario Kart will outsell this game on brand name alone either way. However, if it wants to be as good as this game, it could get rid of the blue shell (Transformed found a solution to this problem, MK can too), actually add some interesting characters (unlike MK7), and come up with something just as interesting as the transformation gimmick, if not more.
---
Now Leave!
#17Edwin LimPosted 1/5/2013 5:37:22 PM
He's right. Mario Kart will outsell other kart racers just because of the Mario name alone, even if it happens to be bad. Its like how Street Fighter always outsells other fighters, even though there are other fighters out there better than Street Fighter.

Mainstream games sells better than niche games, but niche games always plays better than mainstream games.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#18Setnaro XPosted 1/7/2013 7:40:18 AM
I don't consider All Stars Racing a niche game. It's just that folks are pretty quick to call it a rip off because it's SEGA's attempt at a mascot kart racer that Nintendo had already established way back and are pretty dominant at it, so it's pretty difficult for All Stars Racing to sell as it is based on that notion. It doesn't help that the first racing game came out after Unleashed and Black Knight, when fans weren't liking how SEGA was forcing in unnecessary gimmicks into the Sonic franchise.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."