Problems with this game.

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 12/28/2012 12:47:02 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed the first one, but this is just too much. A lot of it is related to difficulty, but not because I can't accept a good challenge. My problem comes mostly from the controls and glitches in this game, and one of the dumbest moves is that you need to do 4-star difficulty races to unlock everything. 2-star difficulty is equivalent to any Mario Kart's 150cc, so why is Sega trying to bring back F-Zero GX here? Not being able to turn off rubber-banding A.I. kills the multiplayer in this game as well because of your heavily limited chances to catch up are hampered by a poor selection of catchup items and the A.I. constantly moving even faster.

Other problems I've noticed include the flight invert axis changing on me randomly, getting stuck in a corner during flight, getting stuck nosediving into the road, Billy Hatcher's stage's textures make it VERY hard to see the right path in the ice cave, several of the stages are recycled without offering a healthy number of new stages in comparison, Golden Axe and Race of Ages are horribly designed, and the musical remixes are okay, but I would have rather cycled through songs like in the first game. I think Richard Jacques is awesome in Sonic R, but someone called his work here amateurish because of the repetitive beats. Either way, I'm not impressed.

I think the best thing about this title are the new characters (Vyse, Shinobi, NiGHTS) and their attempt at modes for flight and sea travel (which I think was a knee-jerk response to last year's Mario Kart 7, but taking the Diddy Kong Racing approach instead). Too many glitches and difficulty problems really hamper my enjoyment of the game, and I can't get into it like Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#2DegalonPosted 12/29/2012 4:00:08 AM
For the record, this game was already doing the vehicle changing before MarioKart7, MKart7 just came out first.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3Edwin LimPosted 12/29/2012 8:29:24 AM(edited)
Like a lot of things in life, they get easier with practice. I used to avoid playing on anything above C class when I started out. Now, I can easily come in 1st on S class without too much trouble.

Really, the key to this game is to practice the tracks to death. You need to know each and every corner that is coming up, when to drift and when to boost.

I actually liked it that Sega made it this way. For once, you do actually need skill to unlock things. This game makes you work for it, unlike so many games out there that baby-feeds the player.

As for the flight controls glitching up, I never once had it happened so I cannot comment on that.

However, there are some game breaking bugs, such as the All-Star bug. Sometimes when you perform an All-Star and you happen to get past the transformation ring which changes your vehicle type, the game will sometimes glitch up and you will remain the vehicle type before you performed the All-Star. So, if you were a boat and you do an All-Star and your All-Star ends at a car section, there is a chance you will remain a boat and will be stuck, unable to move around.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#4megasoniczxxPosted 12/29/2012 9:01:52 AM
Degalon posted...
For the record, this game was already doing the vehicle changing before MarioKart7, MKart7 just came out first.

added to the fact that this game plays absolutely nothing like Mk7
#5DeeNinjaaPosted 12/29/2012 10:43:20 AM
You're aware there are plenty of challenges you can do on S-class that aren't full-fledged racing? I've found that Boost Races, Sprints, Battle Races, and VS. challenges are the easiest ones to do to get the full 4 stars from S-rank.
#6SR71haloPosted 12/30/2012 5:58:59 PM
2-star difficulty is equivalent to any Mario Kart's 150cc

Not even remotely true.
---
Now Leave!
#7NextgrandcrossPosted 12/31/2012 8:40:09 AM
SR71halo posted...
2-star difficulty is equivalent to any Mario Kart's 150cc

Not even remotely true.

Agreed, 2 star, heck even 3 star difficulty got nothing on Mario Kart 150cc.
S Rank however I will say is more of a pain in the ass than 150cc.
#8ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 12/31/2012 8:50:35 AM
Edwin Lim posted...
Like a lot of things in life, they get easier with practice. I used to avoid playing on anything above C class when I started out. Now, I can easily come in 1st on S class without too much trouble.

Really, the key to this game is to practice the tracks to death. You need to know each and every corner that is coming up, when to drift and when to boost.

I actually liked it that Sega made it this way. For once, you do actually need skill to unlock things. This game makes you work for it, unlike so many games out there that baby-feeds the player.

^ All of this ^
#9DegalonPosted 12/31/2012 12:11:42 PM
Edwin Lim posted...

As for the flight controls glitching up, I never once had it happened so I cannot comment on that.

However, there are some game breaking bugs, such as the All-Star bug. Sometimes when you perform an All-Star and you happen to get past the transformation ring which changes your vehicle type, the game will sometimes glitch up and you will remain the vehicle type before you performed the All-Star. So, if you were a boat and you do an All-Star and your All-Star ends at a car section, there is a chance you will remain a boat and will be stuck, unable to move around.

Thats a nice sentiment...for an adult gamer.

What about people playing casually, or kids? Aka, the majority of people who would buy this game?
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#10Chagen46Posted 12/31/2012 8:08:40 PM
Degalon posted...
Edwin Lim posted...

Thats a nice sentiment...for an adult gamer.

What about people playing casually, or kids? Aka, the majority of people who would buy this game?

THIS GAME IS NOT INTENDED FOR KIDS DAMMIT

It's intended for SEGA nerds, you know, adults.