The courses.....

#21Edwin LimPosted 1/11/2013 4:33:12 AM
baraatje123 posted...
zidane kuja posted...
Degalon posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Are they as awesome as the original?
The last game had some of the best courses in any game I've ever played.
Does this sequel stand up to the original?

Its kinda 50/50.

For example, Nights, Afterburner, Skies of Arcadia, and Panzer Dragoon are all great stages.

But then Curien Mansion, Burning Rangers, Billy Hatcher, Jet Set Radio, Golden Axe, and Race of Ages all suck.

the new Monkey Ball stage is okay, if only because its way way better than previous monkey ball stages.

Speak for yourself. The Golden Axe stage is amazing. One of my favorites, and the music is amazing. I also really like the Jet Set Radio stages. It's so fast and exhilarating. Curien Mansion and Race of Ages are very good in my opinion. Billy Hatcher, I agree with you though.

I think the stages in this game are better, but that is my opinion. But I think is a good idea to own both. They are both great racing games.

I think Burning depths is awful in the same way chilly castle is awful, hard to make turns. Use the all star trick for it and you'll win, don't use it and you'll get ~4th place, if you're playing on expert. I Hate those stages

Well not really. Burning Rangers & Chilly Castle are both incredibly easy to beat on Expert if you use the right character for example Amy.

In fact, the only track which is very difficult in Expert is the House of the Dead track. Looking back, I had no idea how I managed to come in 1st on that track in the World Tour race. I tried it now and I could never come in 1st. Best I could manage was 2nd.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#22Setnaro XPosted 1/11/2013 8:10:06 AM
I actually like Chilly Castle. I switch over to the handling mod so that I can breeze through with no issues. It's so surprising to hear people go "I can't make the last turn!" even though there's a mod dedicated to better turning. Same goes for Graffiti City, another stage that I love.

The only race track I hate is Dream Valley, and that's because of the boat section because I end up going too fast off the jumps, and there's too many rocks ahead of me, plus the stupid 3rd lap glitch where my plane will veer off for no reason as I fly through the warp into said boat section.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#23Above OmnipotencePosted 1/11/2013 9:12:56 AM
That last turn on the Chilly Castle is pretty easy. Don't stunt after the transformation gate, let off of the gas for a hot second and move to the right, and finally put your finger back on the gas and quickly left-drift then right-drift. If done correctly then, that last turn will be a breeze and when you're finish making that turn you should at least have a level-2 boost stored. As for the Dream Valley on the last lap coming outta that cave, about 2 to 3 seconds before coming outta that cave take your finger off of the gas and you'll come out without that janky turning.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#24ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/11/2013 11:27:57 AM
If you think Burning Rangers, Chilly Castle or Graveyard GIG or ROA are hard stages I suggest you thick to Sunshine Tour.
#25Edwin LimPosted 1/11/2013 11:14:57 PM
I have played this game many times since Nov last year and generally found Graveyard Gig the hardest. I swear the AI uses the "most elastic rubberband" they can find on that stage. If your not in 1st position after the rolling beer barrels on the 3rd lap and do not have an All-Star, a glove or some other good weapon like Ice, then there is a very high chance you will not come in 1st. It is the most luck based track of the entire game. On the other tracks, you can still use skill to beat them but not on Graveyard Gig.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#26baraatje123Posted 1/12/2013 12:12:30 AM
Setnaro X posted...
I actually like Chilly Castle. I switch over to the handling mod so that I can breeze through with no issues. It's so surprising to hear people go "I can't make the last turn!" even though there's a mod dedicated to better turning. Same goes for Graffiti City, another stage that I love.

The only race track I hate is Dream Valley, and that's because of the boat section because I end up going too fast off the jumps, and there's too many rocks ahead of me, plus the stupid 3rd lap glitch where my plane will veer off for no reason as I fly through the warp into said boat section.

There is a massive shortcut in Dream Valley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfsq5EJwpY
#27NextgrandcrossPosted 1/13/2013 12:19:22 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
If you think Burning Rangers, Chilly Castle or Graveyard GIG or ROA are hard stages I suggest you thick to Sunshine Tour.

Agreed, that's the only track I struggle on playing S Rank CPU's. Sometimes their just damn uncatchable.
#28C_Money17Posted 1/13/2013 6:10:37 PM
It is the most luck based track of the entire game.

Honestly, I have a lot more trouble with Sunshine Tour than any other track.
---
http://stopsay.in/epic
Stop saying "epic", goddamn it. Also, "noone" is not a word. It's "no one".
#29Edwin LimPosted 1/14/2013 7:59:05 AM
C_Money17 posted...
It is the most luck based track of the entire game.

Honestly, I have a lot more trouble with Sunshine Tour than any other track.

You can beat S class AI Sunshine Tour easily using AGES with Standard Mod. The key is to build up level 3 boosts as much as possible and save your weapons for defensive use.

Also after a lot of practice, I can consistantly come in 1st on Graveyard Gig against the S class AI. It turns out I was just using crappy characters. I switched to the top tier characters like Ralph, Metal Sonic, Joe Musashi or AGES and I could beat the level with a comfortable lead at the end. It seems your character choice does make a huge difference!
---