Who, in your opinion, is the best character with the best mod for them?

#11Eric43Posted 1/6/2013 6:31:18 PM
FredCat07 posted...
AGES with his (her? its?) Console Mod

---
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
www.phantomfullforce.com/
#12Setnaro XPosted 1/7/2013 8:18:12 AM
I just stick with B.D. Joe and I pick out the mod based on the stage. I use the handling mod for stages like Adder's Lair (to avoid hitting the snake's mouth) and Chilly Castle (in order to maintain control in the boat section plus not crashing at all in the last curve) and I use the acceleration mod for stages that heavily focus on the boat section (Outrun Bay, Burning Rangers), and I use the speed/console mod for stages that don't have as much curves (Carrier Zone). Works out very well for me.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#13Edwin LimPosted 1/7/2013 8:20:44 AM
Xeedragon posted...
Edwin Lim posted...
In my opinion, there is no best character and best mod. It depends on the event and the track type.

How bout for Traffic Attack and Drift Races?

Every single Traffic Attack I used Amy with Handling mod except for the Panzer Dragoon TA, I used Amy with Standard mod and the Shibuya Downtown TA I used Metal Sonic with Boost mod.

For Drift I did everything with Amy Handling, but I heard you can actually have an easier time if you use a character with a big car such as Danica Patrick.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#14ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/7/2013 11:20:55 PM
Sonic - BST
Shadow - ACC
Amy - CON
Tails - CON
Knuckles - CON
Eggman - ACC
Metal - CON

Pudding - SPD
Ulala - SPD

AiAI - SPD
MeeMee - SPD

Gum - ACC
Beat - CON

Nights - CON
Reala - CON

Danica - CON
BD.Joe - ACC
Amigo - CON
Ages - CON
Joe - SPD
Ralph - ACC
Alex - CON
Gilius - ACC
Vyse - ACC

^ I like to keep my ACC at least at 3 pts and SPD at 3 so these are the mods I usually use with each character.
#15Above OmnipotencePosted 1/8/2013 9:27:25 AM
If you're racing against other human players and know how to handle your character then, the BOOST and SPEED mods dominates this game.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#16Above OmnipotencePosted 1/8/2013 9:43:27 AM
As for THE best character in the game then, it's Wreck It Ralph with BOOST or SPEED mods.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#17Ray_MK_IIIPosted 1/8/2013 10:08:04 AM
Based on your earlier logic, wouldn't the absolute best characters really be something like Shadow or Metal Sonic w/ Console, which minimize both Handling and Accel and max out Speed and Boost?
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
<?>
#18Above OmnipotencePosted 1/8/2013 12:31:57 PM
Shadow and Metal Sonic are just a few of the best characters in the game, not THE best character overall. Metal Sonic is the 2nd. best in the game. I'll make out the tier list later.
---
#19Above OmnipotencePosted 1/8/2013 5:48:32 PM
Ok, here's the tier list from overall best characters to worst characters, along with their best 3 mods in order:

Tier 1:
Wreck It Ralph - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 2:
Dr. Eggman - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. STANDARD
Metal Sonic - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 3:
Sonic - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Shadow - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Vyse - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Gilius - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. STANDARD, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 4;
B.D. Joe - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Joe Musashi - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Tails - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Knuckles - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Gum - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST

Tier 5:
Everyone else is up for debates

These tiers were tested in Time Trial to see who exactly are the best/fastest characters. The same rules applies for Multiplayer online as well IF you're in a lobby full of really good players and if they can dodge and evade all of the chaos that goes on. Though, depending on the situation and all of the chaos, any character has a chance at winning.
---
#20Ray_MK_IIIPosted 1/8/2013 7:27:51 PM(edited)
I don't quite follow, some of the character + mod combos on there have the exact same stats but are in totally different tiers, what's causing this difference in speed in Time Trials that you've noticed?
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
Are the stat charts lying again? Because f*** that noise.