Who, in your opinion, is the best character with the best mod for them?

#21Above OmnipotencePosted 1/9/2013 8:01:46 AM
That's because the charts are kinda off just like the first game was. IF by any chance they update this game and change the boosting to like it was in the first game then, the character tiers in this game would dramatically change. Just go into Time Trial and play to see the major differences in character stats. As long as video games exist there'll ALWAYS be a tier list in EVERY video/computer game.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#22Ray_MK_IIIPosted 1/9/2013 11:04:29 AM(edited)
That's because the charts are kinda off just like the first game was.

Well f***. Not again. But, based on the dominance of Console, Boost, and Speed Mods, at least it seems like the mods are doing what they're saying..... Does that mean the base stats are lying? Or do the mods boost in different intensities from character to character? Man, this sucks, I hate not knowing all the math behind the crap in these games.....

Just go into Time Trial and play to see the major differences in character stats.

That's a nice sentiment, but I'm not quite OCD enough to go racing around a track with every character trying to figure out how they stack up against each other. For now I'm hoping someone out there has the technical means to data mine this beast and find the exact numbers behind character stats. Until then, I'll keep this tier list in mind, but just stick with the characters that are at least supposedly the most boost heavy.
---
Ray_MK_III: Spouting philosophy and defending all that is awesome since 2006.
:P
#23BigWorldJustPosted 1/9/2013 12:13:08 PM
Tag, for beating those expert races, lol.
---
PSN ID: xXMiista_St0ner
3DS FC: 2148-8253-4976
#24Above OmnipotencePosted 1/9/2013 7:49:38 PM
Eventhough some of the characters have the same stats as some, there's STILL a difference when actually playing and comparing them, just like in the first game. This game relies solely on stats and skills. The first game relied solely on CHAIN-BOOSTING. If you relied solely on a Level 3 Boost instead of charging up for a level 3 Boost and THEN level 1 chain-boosting after then, you lose.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#25FredCat07Posted 1/10/2013 11:01:48 AM
Hey, Above Omnipotence, where's AGE?
---
I used to be hearing person like you, until I took the fever in my ears. ~FredCat
#26Above OmnipotencePosted 1/10/2013 1:52:50 PM
For now, Ages was left out because we haven't unlocked his CONSOLE MOD yet. Though, I'm almost positive that Ages would probably wind up in Tier 2. We'll be working on the rest of the characters soon to see where they rank.
---
#27Edwin LimPosted 1/13/2013 12:33:09 PM
After some testing, I have to agree about Ralph being God tier. That guy is an absolute monster. I haven't lost a single race while racing as him. And I am doing this using just his standard mod and nothing else.

Joe Musashi and Metal Sonic are pretty decent as well. Good handling and good speed. Easily on par with Ralph.

Sadly, AGES doesn't seem as good as the other 3. Sure his fast and can win races and all but his more of a handful to handle than the other 3. I tested out his console mod which has the same stats as Ralph and Gilius console mod and honestly, I never really notice a difference between his console mod and Ralph's console mod. The boosting feels the same but Ralph seems to be able to turn better dispite both having a 1 in handling. Of course, outside of Time Trials, the console mod is probably worthless other than on a few tracks. You be better off sticking with their standard mods. AGES is probably around A tier.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#28ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/13/2013 1:12:38 PM
Remember when ol Dani said she was probably going to be one of the fastest characters? I think Sumo punk'd her by swapping her stats with Ralph :P