The lag is pretty awful.

#1BlueFlameBatPosted 1/13/2013 12:56:55 AM
It makes playing the game feel like driving tanks or big rigs. This issue may have been addressed with an update, but the ethernet port on my 360 doesn't work anymore so I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this. Otherwise, it's a pretty fun game.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#2Edwin LimPosted 1/14/2013 7:48:41 AM
This game is generally lag free from my experience. If there is even a slightest hint of lag, you won't be able to notice it as the game just disconnects you from the lobby instantly. What you are seeing is probably just the weird collision detection in the game, which throws you around if you happened to be rammed by another player.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#3SR71haloPosted 1/16/2013 11:38:34 AM
Might just be your internet, I haven't experienced much lag so far.
---
Now Leave!
#4BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2013 7:37:01 PM
Actually I wasn't playing it online. I can't because my 360's ethernet port doesn't work anymore for some reason.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
#5HydoomPosted 1/19/2013 9:21:16 AM
>.>; then it's your 360's hardware on the frits.

This game plays as smooth as a pearl to me. Only time I ever get lag of any sort is when there's a mountain of item explosion effects going on at the exact same time. which is like once every 10 or 15 races. Usually only in offline S-rank courses.
#6Edwin LimPosted 1/20/2013 10:41:00 AM
BlueFlameBat posted...
Actually I wasn't playing it online. I can't because my 360's ethernet port doesn't work anymore for some reason.

This game runs at 30fps max with some slowdown here and there. If your refering to graphics lag then yeah there is. But not to the point of being unplayable.

If your refering to controls lag, then its probably because your not drifting as your supposed to drift through corners. It could be the difficulty as well. The game is super slow on C class. Set it to Expert and it becomes fast. Too fast in fact.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#7BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2013 5:17:30 PM
I'm referring to controller latency. It takes a noticeable amount of time being pressing a button/trigger or moving a control stick and the effect it has in the game, which makes turning especially a hassle. I didn't notice in the PS3 demo and most of my other XBox 360 games don't have this problem. I wouldn't be surprised if my XBox 360 is failing though: broken ethernet ports and random disc-read errors don't happen for nothing. I'm just not ready to pay Microsoft about $100 to fix some problems that result from their shoddy workmanship.
This problem probably gets fixed with an early update which would explain why none of you have experienced it, but like I said, I can't update my games anymore.
---