The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Boost starts are glitched in this game.

#1Edwin LimPosted 1/16/2013 7:04:06 AM
Sorry if this is old news but if you do a level 1 boost at the starting grid when the announcer says "3" and then hold down the accelerator for the rest of the countdown, you actually accelerate much faster than if you were to do a "proper" level 3 boost. Try it for yourself if you don't believe it!
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#2C_Money17Posted 1/16/2013 2:24:14 PM
I've heard people bringing this up before, but I could swear I couldn't really tell the difference. Is it really that noticeable?
---
http://stopsay.in/epic
Stop saying "epic", goddamn it. Also, "noone" is not a word. It's "no one".
#3ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/16/2013 4:39:53 PM
I kinda like it hahahah it helps me get in front when the game puts me in back to avoid being sumo'd off to the side / off track.
#4NintendoManiaPosted 1/16/2013 7:08:23 PM
I've experimented with the different boost starts. A fully charged boost gets me to about 5th place and then dies out quickly, where as a level one boost sends me all the way to the front of the pack no problem.
---
"Body armor is for your body not your head."- My bro's friend after shooting my character in the head on Golden Eye 007
NNID: a_HUGE_hotspring
#5ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/16/2013 7:57:18 PM
Its very easy to do so I don't see the big problem, they're worse bugs that need attention than this one. I'd say until bump glitch is fixed, I like this the way it is. It helps me avoid annoying scrubs that won't get out of the way at the beginning.
#6Edwin Lim(Topic Creator)Posted 1/16/2013 11:10:17 PM
C_Money17 posted...
I've heard people bringing this up before, but I could swear I couldn't really tell the difference. Is it really that noticeable?

I think its quite noticeable at the higher difficulties like S class. I only tested this on S class so I can't say for certain if this is noticable on the lesser difficulties or not.

With the level 3 boost start, the guy accelerates great, but stops short of completing the full run. Its kinda like he miss a shift or something. With the level 1 boost, the guy accelerates just like the level 3 boost start, but fully completes the run. I say you can roughly gain another 4 or 5 positions with the level 1 boost than the level 3 boost. However, whether or not this gives you a higher chance of coming 1st the race is a different matter altogether.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg