The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

AGES kinda reminds me of Mr. Game and Watch and ROB in SSB.

#1Phantom_NookPosted 1/16/2013 5:45:43 PM
Not actually a character, but more of a representation of past hardware. And I love those types of characters.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#2ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/16/2013 8:59:26 PM
AGES sticks out like a sore thumb to me and because of that, I still have him at level 2 with Ralph, everyone else is max level. He feels incredibly out of place imo and though a minor gripe I hate how the developers didn't bother to put someone in the car, its driving itself which begs the question if AGES can drive himself or itself, why are those sprite things driving Nights & Reala?
#3Edwin LimPosted 1/17/2013 12:18:56 AM
AGES is a tribute of Sega's past success and failures. Daytona USA and After Burner were all iconic games during their time and the Dreamcast was Sega's last console.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#4Setnaro XPosted 1/17/2013 6:21:13 AM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
AGES sticks out like a sore thumb to me and because of that, I still have him at level 2 with Ralph, everyone else is max level. He feels incredibly out of place imo and though a minor gripe I hate how the developers didn't bother to put someone in the car, its driving itself which begs the question if AGES can drive himself or itself, why are those sprite things driving Nights & Reala?

It's implied to be the VMU that drives the vehicle(s). They use it as the icon for the map, and you see it dancing when AGES wins. There you go. Also, the sprites driving NiGHTS and Reala is a reference to the fact that even though they are perfectly capable of driving themselves, they usually have a passenger along for the ride. Why they went with the sprites rather then the kids, I don't know. It may have something to do with Reala being there. Besides, what one character is able to do shouldn't determine what others do. Everyone is meant to be represented in a unique fashion. Just because there are sprites for NiGHTS, doesn't mean AGES should have something similar. The Hornet and the F-16 Tomcat were the most recognizable vehicles in their respective titles; we didn't care who drove those.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#5Eric43Posted 1/19/2013 12:25:28 AM
AGES reminds me of Daytona USA 3, that's what it does...
---
Non-Profit Sega Racing Game Blog! Wildly Intriguing:
www.phantomfullforce.com/