Oh god, Sonic's face...

#1manthony_HiggsPosted 1/22/2013 12:24:38 AM
It's like the entire ugly forest uprooted and fell on him one at a time.
---
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Tit-babbler
#2DegalonPosted 1/23/2013 2:52:44 AM
Yeah, character models in this game are horrible, for some reason.

If you look closely at Shadow, they even miscolored his chest fur as Black. (At least the one time I raced as him, it was)
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3NintendoManiaPosted 1/23/2013 7:23:42 PM
Degalon posted...
Yeah, character models in this game are horrible, for some reason.

If you look closely at Shadow, they even miscolored his chest fur as Black. (At least the one time I raced as him, it was)

The issue with Shadow's chest tuft is the track's lighting, not Shadow's character model itself. Only a few tracks cause the discoloration, like Dream Valley and OutRun Bay.
---
"Body armor is for your body not your head."- My bro's friend after shooting my character in the head on Golden Eye 007
NNID: a_HUGE_hotspring
#4Edwin LimPosted 1/24/2013 12:51:39 AM
Many of the tracks have weird lighting to them and it makes the character models glow in a weird way. I have no idea why they decided to go with this "Sumo" graphics engine when they could have just stick with the far superiour engine used in the previous game.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#5DegalonPosted 1/24/2013 8:21:08 AM
Its really bad with humans like Gum. Their artwork, and character portraits look like AMAZING 3d Renders, but then seeing her smile when winning a race makes her look like something out of Silent Hill.
---
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#6SR71haloPosted 1/24/2013 9:04:26 PM
I still don't see what's so bad about the character models outside of Gum's face. The models in the first game looked.....odd to me somehow, especially the mouths on Sonic and co. In this game, their expressions and models look far superior.
---
Now Leave!
#7CNashPosted 1/26/2013 3:56:35 PM
Beat and Gum suffer from being taken outside of their normal cel-shaded art style. Compare them to Ulala; she looks far more natural.

---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#8DegalonPosted 1/26/2013 4:08:25 PM
CNash posted...
Beat and Gum suffer from being taken outside of their normal cel-shaded art style. Compare them to Ulala; she looks far more natural.

Ehm...Pudding still looks terrible, and Beat looked fine in the last game, so I think there's more to it than that.
---
#9pirajacintoPosted 2/2/2013 2:43:02 PM
In general it's the lighting in this game...Ever won a race as Amy in the Sonic Colors stage? She glow in SUCH a weird way. In general everyone lacks shading and shadowing.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena