How do you go All Star?

#1DeftallicaPosted 1/26/2013 5:31:39 PM
Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#2NintendoManiaPosted 1/26/2013 8:13:55 PM
All-Star is an just like any other item in the game. You get it randomly from item pick-ups.
---
"Body armor is for your body not your head."- My bro's friend after shooting my character in the head on Golden Eye 007
NNID: a_HUGE_hotspring
#3Deftallica(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 10:22:09 PM
Oh, ok. I figured you had to pull off some chain boost or something to do it. I played each event in the first cup of career mode without ever seeing an all-star pickup, but I'd hear the race announcer say "so-and-so has gone All-Star!" and figured I was missing something.

Thanks for the heads up!
---
GT: Deftallica
SC2: Deftallica Code: 529
#4DegalonPosted 1/26/2013 11:57:48 PM
Also, your chances of getting it get lower the closer you are to first place.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#5Edwin LimPosted 1/27/2013 10:41:31 AM
It could be the difficulty as well. I don't remember myself or the AI ever getting an All-Star item back when I was still playing on C class. Every other difficulty works fine.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#6baraatje123Posted 1/27/2013 11:37:17 AM
You likely get it at lap 2, but then in 2nd to 10th position,
in lap 1 you only get it when playing badly and the one who is in first has crossed the finish line to lap 2
In lap you can get it in bad positions, but every position has the same chance of getting one(~5th to 10th)
#7MashYouGoodPosted 2/1/2013 12:47:56 AM
Degalon posted...
Also, your chances of getting it get lower the closer you are to first place.

Welcome to skill plateauing, kiddy kart racing.
#8pirajacintoPosted 2/2/2013 2:02:34 PM
Honestly I'm not too sure. I think it's a mixture of skills, because I remember repeatedly redoing this race and every time in between Lap 2 and 3 I would always get the All-Star. At one point while in my 4th try (missions are haaard!) I told myself "Alright, I'll get the All-Star here..." and I did, and I've been mostly doing the same thing each time I tried.
---
It was great seeing Aerith run around Times Square and Pedigree opponents in the train station. - Strife2
If love can hurt, then surely hate can save. - Altena