What to expect from the upcoming patch

#1Setnaro XPosted 2/7/2013 5:33:32 AM
There's no actual official list of the fixes included in the patch (yet), however, the PC version is implemented with the latest changes. After having played it for a while and discussing it with several members on the SEGA forums, here's what the upcoming patch may have:

Several shortcut glitches have been removed, notably Shibuya Downtown
Online collisions have been fixed
Traffic Attack difficulty has been nerfed along with several other challenges
Level 1 boost glitch at the start of a race no longer works
The portal in lap 3 of Dream Valley no longer has you veering off in random directions
The snake mouth jump in Adder's Lair has been fixed

S0L is also hinting at resetting the time attack leaderboards once the patch is up and running. No word on easing down the speed of Sumo's ghost.

Again, no official list, just speculation because of how the PC version performs.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#2SR71haloPosted 2/7/2013 11:55:19 AM
Hopefully we get these much needed patches too, though I'm just glad they've taken notes on these flaws. Too bad about the start boost though, but I understand why it has to go.
---
Now Leave!
#3ClessAileronPosted 2/7/2013 4:42:59 PM(edited)
Online collisions have been fixed
Traffic Attack difficulty has been nerfed along with several other challenges
The portal in lap 3 of Dream Valley no longer has you veering off in random directions

Those three are the ones I took note of. I knew it wasn't just me when my racer veered off to a random direction during that part of Dream Valley's third lap. I have noticed the online collisions. Traffic Attack was the challenges that was a major pain.

The other three are ones I didn't really notice myself despite people bringing it up (I'm probably lucky I somehow knew how to avoid that bug with the snake mouth jump in Adder's Lair that I rarely notice it).

I haven't really completed all the time trail ghost but hearing that the times may have a reset is telling me I should hold off on getting back into doing that until a patch is released.

(On another note, I actually do want to grab the Steam version of this when a sale goes on and hearing about these fixes is motivating getting me to do so)
#4valkyrieslayerPosted 2/7/2013 8:20:03 PM
Setnaro X posted...
Online collisions have been fixed.

Everything else is just icing to me.
---
"They say lions push their cubs off a cliff to test their worthiness. I just want to push you off a cliff. Good luck!" ~ Ms. Kittycat (disgaea 3)
#5Above OmnipotencePosted 2/8/2013 11:16:59 AM
It's 100% guaranteed that whatever the PC version is then, the patch will get translated to the console versions.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#6Edwin LimPosted 2/8/2013 2:51:12 PM
I think I read that only the glitched times will be removed, not the whole leaderboard. I also heard that those accounts with glitched times will have a "surprise" in store for them.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg
#7ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/8/2013 4:53:21 PM
I'm all for erasing the Time Trial times but lowering the difficulty? It can't be that hard to do these challenges, people complain about traffic attack but its just 1 big memory game and its almost impossible to lose if you get just 1 mega glove I mean really?
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 2/8/2013 5:28:09 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
I'm all for erasing the Time Trial times but lowering the difficulty? It can't be that hard to do these challenges, people complain about traffic attack but its just 1 big memory game and its almost impossible to lose if you get just 1 mega glove I mean really?

You have to keep in mind that not everyone is as good as you. You may have easily done it all, but everyone is not going to be as skilled at it as you are.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9SR71haloPosted 2/8/2013 9:06:43 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

Super glove isn't available in every TA.
---
Now Leave!
#10Edwin LimPosted 2/9/2013 6:52:03 AM
I believe the Super Glove he meant is the one you get randomly from the slot machine scattered around the World Tour map, not the one you pick up from within the level.
---
Driving a PC racer with the keyboard is about as effective as typing an e-mail with your car's steering wheel. ~ Brian Ekberg