Any idea on what DLC we'll be getting?

#11SILKAPosted 3/7/2013 6:51:00 PM
Metal Sonic & OutRun Bay are on-disc DLC, developed at the same time as the rest of the game. All the code gives you is an unlock key. Any future DLC will need to be created from scratch.

But if you bought it used, you need to buy it.
---
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
#12SILKAPosted 3/7/2013 6:51:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#13MechaKirbyPosted 3/8/2013 7:48:20 AM
SR71halo posted...
I hope it's not just characters, I'd rather have new tracks.

---
GTag/PSN: MechaknightX http://i.minus.com/i7veL9wbPUU85.gif
#14KeyeszxPosted 3/11/2013 5:56:50 AM
Kawaii_Catgirl posted...
Metal Sonic & OutRun Bay are on-disc DLC, developed at the same time as the rest of the game. All the code gives you is an unlock key. Any future DLC will need to be created from scratch.

How cute you think DLC is created from scratch. DLC is always thought along with the development of the game. They most likely already have everything needed to add the characters they're just waiting on decision of who to add so they can make the models which I'm sure in their free time artist might have already done some basic models for who they wanted. DLC is never some brand new thing thought up later, never.
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx (Don't send blank friend invite)
Currently Playing:League of Legends, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, Infinity Blade 2
#15Kawaii_CatgirlPosted 3/12/2013 1:21:13 PM
I think it's rather endearing that you're attempting to demean me based on your own faulty knowledge of how the games industry works (or, more likely, how you think it's supposed to work.)

Every game is different. Sometimes all the DLC is meticulously planned ahead and developed at the same time as the game, then released piecemeal over a period of several months after the game is released. This is, in general, the best way to do it, as everything is budgeted for in advance, and I'm guessing this is what you think always happens for every game.

But sometimes, things aren't as neat and tidy. For games that the publisher isn't confident in, or doesn't expect to sell huge amounts over their estimates, budgets (and scope) are lower and DLC may be hurriedly commissioned as an afterthought in order to squeeze more money out of an install base that's bigger than expected.

In the case of this game, it's a little of both. Metal Sonic/OutRun was planned, as it's on-disc content with an unlock code as DLC; I seriously doubt that any part of this mythical future DLC even existed prior to November. Your notion that Sumo will have had character models made "in their free time" is ludicrous; Sumo will have other projects to work on, as they're a third-party "for hire" developer. The fact that the producer asked the fans - a month or two after release - who they'd like to see as DLC is also indicative of the fact that they hadn't planned anything.

Now, an example of the first kind of DLC - all planned in advance - can be seen on SEGA's other recent AAA release, Aliens: Colonial Marines. SEGA and Gearbox have publicly announced several forthcoming DLC packs, and released a Season Pass to support them. If Transformed's DLC was all planned out like this, we'd have seen announcements from SEGA long before now.
#16StealThisSheenPosted 3/13/2013 12:31:45 AM
Keyeszx posted...
Kawaii_Catgirl posted...

How cute you think DLC is created from scratch. DLC is always thought along with the development of the game. They most likely already have everything needed to add the characters they're just waiting on decision of who to add so they can make the models which I'm sure in their free time artist might have already done some basic models for who they wanted. DLC is never some brand new thing thought up later, never.

Nobody just works in their "free time." Especially not when they have other projects to work on.

And they wouldn't pay people to work on characters they weren't even sure they could use.

So, long story short, you have no idea what you're talking about.
---
SEP Nash, Smelling Like the Vault since 1996
Step FOUR! Get Paid! http://i33.tinypic.com/2v1sq51.jpg
#17TheIastspartanPosted 3/22/2013 6:01:52 PM
Keyeszx posted...
Kawaii_Catgirl posted...

I seriously doubt Bioware was planning a FREE ending dlc before the game came out and people saw the awful vanilla ending. Leviathan wasn't planned either(although Omega was). Lords Of Shadow wasn't even going to have DLC till it became the best selling Castlevania title. The last Halo 2 map pack was never planned and was developed as an afterthought to support fans for accumulating over 800 million hours of playtime on live.

And artists are designing models that might not even be in the game? Lolno. They might do some rough sketches but that's about as far as they'd get.

Do some research before discussing something you know nothing about.
#18gangsta_livinPosted 3/24/2013 5:49:03 PM
Setnaro X posted...
There WILL be DLC. That's about all we know so far, really. After the poll that Sumo set up, and the top 7 making it over 1,000 votes, Sumo passed the info over to SEGA, which seemed pleased about the whole thing, and so they've given the go for DLC. Which character or characters and how many will be showing up remains to be seen. The way things are being spoken about, most likely one, maybe 2.

No DLC tracks. S0L said that's over with, presumably due to the budget now being focused more on the DLC characters. No new music either, other then the All Stars music that will tag along with the new characters.

who were those 7 top voted characters?
#19Setnaro XPosted 3/25/2013 5:07:06 AM
gangsta_livin posted...
Setnaro X posted...
There WILL be DLC. That's about all we know so far, really. After the poll that Sumo set up, and the top 7 making it over 1,000 votes, Sumo passed the info over to SEGA, which seemed pleased about the whole thing, and so they've given the go for DLC. Which character or characters and how many will be showing up remains to be seen. The way things are being spoken about, most likely one, maybe 2.

No DLC tracks. S0L said that's over with, presumably due to the budget now being focused more on the DLC characters. No new music either, other then the All Stars music that will tag along with the new characters.

who were those 7 top voted characters?

In the order from most to least votes. All of which made it passed 1,000 votes:

Ryo Hazuki
Hatsune Miku
Segata Sanshiro
Vectorman
Bayonetta
Ristar
ToeJam & Earl
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#20Koubek_TercelPosted 3/25/2013 5:42:11 AM
I want to see Mecha Sonic (not referring to Metal, but the one from Death Egg in Sonic 2). Metal Knuckles should make a comeback. A character or two from Burning Rangers should def be there, since there's already a Burning Rangers course. There should also be a Space Channel 5 course since Ulala and Pudding are already there.
---
"OK, whatever you are, if you wanna avoid an embarrassing beatdown, you'd better give up NOW!!"