Rate the Character Day 2: Ralph

#1MetaDeDeDePosted 2/12/2013 9:42:32 AM
As of yesterday Sonic was rated very good thank to his stat but today it is time to rate Ralph, from Disney's Wreck It Ralph.

So Far
Sonic 9.33/10 (3 vote)

My Rating 9/10
Ralph is actually a very good character his Boost stat allows him to easily reach his top speed very fast. It is also the stat that receive the highest raise from his mod with a 5 and a 6 in that stat. His speed is actually very good as well but the highest it can go is a 5 for only one mod. His handling is not that good but at least it reach 3 tin two mod which is actually a good thing. Sadly like Sonic, his Acceleration is bad and has two mod in which it is a one but the boost will take it place as it help you reach top speed. His Vehicle doesn't snag His All Star is decent since his vehicle turn onto a plane and you press A for the wrecking ball attached to his vehicle to attack nearby racer which can actually be a good thing. Ralph is another good character to use.
---
I love and believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it
Official Wario of the New Super Mario Bros. U Board
#2NatalyNeeSamaPosted 2/12/2013 11:27:53 AM
9/10

Ralph is a double edge sword in Multiplayer for me.

He can reach insane speeds, but just one single hit bring that speed down, and to recover, with his bad acceleration, will require lots of skill. His bad handling also handicap him, since is harder for him dodge the Blowfish, a very common mine near Boost pads, or the stuff that is fired on him day and night.

But for Boost Races or Time Trials, he is one of the tops of the tops. If you have problems beating Ghosts, try Ralph, he will surprise you.

Ralph is a high risk-high reward character for Multiplayer IMHO, not a beginnerís choice, but can be pretty good on right hands.
---
It's not about adding "in my opinion" to the end of every sentence, it's about wording things in a way that doesn't make people want to punch you!
#3ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/12/2013 12:12:35 PM
To make a short brief analyzes of Ralph, he's cheap and unfair.

He can mod himself to have top Speed.
He can mod himself to have max Boost.
He handles excellent of all 3 vehicles with Console mod.
He can mod himself to have good Handling although his Handling doesn't need any improvement.
He can mod himself to have decent Acceleration. If anyone says otherwise they're clearly not experienced at the game, to have decent Speed with any of the average to slow characters you need Console mod which even as MeeMee will drop your Acceleration to 3, FAIL ! While still being uber slow, in most maps Speed is more important than Boost but every slow/average Speed character is outclassed by the fast characters.

Final Verdict : Ralph Mainers have a clear advantage 10/10
#4NatalyNeeSamaPosted 2/12/2013 1:18:36 PM(edited)
ValkyrieXVIII posted...

He can mod himself to have decent Acceleration. If anyone says otherwise they're clearly not experienced at the game

Or doesn't take only Time Trials in consideration? 3 of acceleration is nothing to write a book about it. And besides, the mod that give him this "decent accel" are not near as good than the ones that give him the 1 accel.

Multiplayer IS CHAOTIC by nature. Speed and Boost there, when you are a sitting duck in the first place, is the least of your concerns.

No matter how good you are at dodging, YOU WILL GET HIT. Especially if the other 10 players in question have a very good aim. And when you get hit, if there is no boost pads or a boost in the inventory, you will count on your acceleration to reach top speed again or until you go to the nearby boost, if you reach there untouched.

Itís not quite luck based, but comes close to it. You need to be prepared for everything.

---
It's not about adding "in my opinion" to the end of every sentence, it's about wording things in a way that doesn't make people want to punch you!
#5Above OmnipotencePosted 2/12/2013 4:56:09 PM
Ralph is the overall best character in the game. He's just insanely so good that it's crazy. I've made a tier list of where the characters rank among each other. Acceleration and Handling mods are useless if you're in a lobby full of great racers that ONLY uses Console Mod and know how to handle & turn tight corners while not losing much speed. Even when hit by an item a level 1 boost will get you back to full DRIVING speed, not full boosting speed. The reason for that is because the Console mod's boost stat is so powerful that it even makes a level 1 boost great. Once you learn how to handle the Console Mod then, you wouldn't touch any of the other mods unless, you wanna use the Boost Mod, which is the 2nd. best overall mod in the game.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#6Yorkshire_14Posted 2/12/2013 5:23:51 PM
I don't like him. He's my worst character in this game. 1/10.
---
Break the pan! Release the bacon!
#7The_HeapPosted 2/12/2013 7:00:00 PM(edited)
On maps where boosting gives you a clear, significant advantage, like Seasonal Shrines and Galactic Parade, Ralph is nigh-unbeatable when played by a skilled player. Otherwise he's just average. Shadow, Vyse and B.D. Joe are better characters for balls-out speed and using a handling mod too offset his poor control is simply pointless, as other characters with the same handling will out perform him. Also his all star is one of the worst in the entire game and I get tired of him saying "top shelf."

8.5/10
---
ioioioioioio man
The Heap is short for heap of BS ~Slyfox729
#8Above OmnipotencePosted 2/13/2013 8:24:54 AM
Master the Console Mod then, you'll see just how stupidly great it is compared to the other mods.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#9ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/13/2013 6:15:18 PM
^ Overtime I began to agree with Omni before I thought Acceleration was the best stat. I still prefer higher Acceleration but it doesn't give you much chance to win if the person in front is skilled with their speed character.