Here's The Real Tier Ranking List Of The Best Characters In The Game:

#11ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/22/2013 7:53:19 PM
Above Omnipotence posted...
Your opinion doesn't trump the facts. Don't type if you have no idea what you're typing about, which is obvious you don't.

Fail flame bait.
#12The_HeapPosted 2/24/2013 4:53:00 PM
TC, is english not your first language or are you really having this much trouble understanding obvious criticisms of your list?
---
ioioioioioio man
The Heap is short for heap of BS ~Slyfox729 http://tinyurl.com/azbd6u3
#13Above Omnipotence(Topic Creator)Posted 2/24/2013 7:54:31 PM
I assume "english" isn't your first language since you're obviously having trouble comprehending.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#14The_HeapPosted 2/25/2013 6:31:49 AM
See, you're not even resorting to common fallacies. Just insults. Several good points have been brought up against your list and you have yet to refute them. On top of that:

-You say these scores have been "extensively tested" but offer no data or empirical proof. You don't even mention what you're testing.
-You keep mentioning this "WE", appealing to an unseen authority, when you have been proven a minority of one a number of times. Your list has been posted on the official forums for this game and not a single person said the list was acceptable.
-The "top 3 mods" thing is just not a good idea. Of course you're right when you say the Console mod is the most useful for pretty much every character, but it's effectiveness largely depends on the map, the number of players in a race. etc. There are too many variables. Nevermind the fact that certain mods should be considered "useless", like B.D. Joe's boost mod which offers one more handling than his console and one less boost. If handling is useless like you say it is, there's no point in using it at all.
---
ioioioioioio man
#15Above Omnipotence(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 9:29:41 AM
I see you need practicing as well since you're so hung up on "handling". That shows you don't know how to use the best 3 mods and wanna complain. And if you didn't want an "insult" thrown your way then, you shouldn't try and insult somebody that KNOWS about this game, quit your whining and practice the game. The maps in this game are sooo easy that it's not even a challenge and you're worried about the easy handling. And the so-called "points"are made from from these people that're too lazy to learn the best mods. I take it you're a ps3 player as well, that would explain your nonsense post.
---
I'm 2nd. to God's power. I'm the semi-supreme being. XBL Gamer Tag: AboveOmnipotent
#16The_HeapPosted 2/25/2013 9:54:51 AM(edited)
Yeah, regardless of whether or not it's your first language, you clearly have some issues reading. I never doubted the fact that handling is by far the most useless stat. Nice job ignoring all of my points and focusing on one word, and then ignoring it's context. At least try to attempt a proper argument.

PS Why does my console of choice matter? Are the performances of each character different on other consoles? Oh wait, you've yet to establish any data on this console!
---
ioioioioioio man
#17Above Omnipotence(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 4:43:05 PM
You don't even know what you're posting/trying to argue about, it's really easy to "ignore" what you've typed since it's nonsense. You can't even read or comprehend and you're here trying to post. You may stick around and amuse me.
---
#18ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/25/2013 7:16:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#19ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/25/2013 7:17:44 PM
I'm going to explain as clearly as humanly possible why I disagree with a bit of your tier.

Tiers are often based on how often players of equal skill win with specific characters. Because this is a arcade racing game with items anyone can beat anyone with any character with a luck of the item draw. What does this mean? This mean the players have no choice but to tier characters based off their performance in a race without items, this being time attack.

Why do I bring up handling?

Because in time attack the mere fraction of a second can be the difference between holding the (W)olrd(R)ecord or WR and being in 20th place. This means that if a character can turn a bit faster than another character to the point where one character does not have to slow down to make a turn then that character is better, even if a little bit than another. This is only magnified on maps with several difficult or semi difficult turns such as Chilly Castle, Burning Rangers, and Graveyard Gig where players with less than exceptional handling have to slow down, if even a tad bit to make a turn. This slight slow down can be detrimental to their performance in Time Attack.

Why does the mere fraction of a second matter? This can be summed up by looking at one of few maps ( This information is taken from PS3 records in Roulette Road and Sunshine Tour ) In Roulette Road, from 53 seconds to 54 seconds is a 132 player gap. What does this mean? This means if you set 53:000 seconds you were within the top 10, if you made 54:000 seconds you were 100+.

Another reason why I bring up handling is because in a game where 2 or more characters have similar stats ( and ignoring the fact that Acceleration is pointless in Time Attack ) it all boils down to how well they handle. Nights handling is very good with his/her Console mod while Pudding has really bad handling with her console mod. If 1 player were to attempt to make a Time Attack record with Pudding it is very likely that he/she can beat that using Nights. Why is this? Because Nights can make turns that would otherwise force Pudding to slow down thus making Nights faster than Pudding despite them having the same Speed and Boost, does this make sense now?
#20ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 2/25/2013 7:31:11 PM
Separating my post into 2 parts due to length I'll begin to show you further why I disagree with your tier since you seem convinced I know nothing about this game.

Tier 1:
Wreck It Ralph - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 2:
Dr. Eggman - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. STANDARD
Metal Sonic - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 3:
Sonic - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Shadow - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Vyse - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Gilius - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. STANDARD, 3rd. SPEED
Ages - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. Boost, 3rd. STANDARD
B.D. Joe - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Joe Musashi - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST

Tier 4;
Tails - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Knuckles - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Gum - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Beat - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Nights - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Reala - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd SPEED
Danica Patrick - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 5:
Avatar - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Alex Kidd - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. SPEED, 3rd. BOOST
Amy - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Pudding - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
Ulala - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Tier 6:
Amigo - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
AiAi - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED
MeeMee - 1st. CONSOLE, 2nd. BOOST, 3rd. SPEED

Lets break this down for a second.

At first glance it appears you simply tiered players based off his/her speed while this assumption is put into question with some strangely placed characters.

Why is Eggman placed above Gilius, Vyse, Shadow and Ages? If you were to argue it is because Eggman handles much better while having faster Acceleration and a smaller vehicles than the characters tiered below him. Then I ask you this, why is Pudding placed above AiAi? AiAi would fit the description for being better than Pudding if you were to use the argument presented for Eggman being tiered above Shadow, Vyse, Gilius and Ages.

This can also be said for why Knuckles, Beat, and Gum are on the same tier as Tails, Reala, Nights, and Danica. Knuckle has great Car/Plane handling but is on the same Tier as a character slower than him? Doesn't seem to be a thought out placement.

What makes Danica, Reala ( 2 very large vehicles btw ) better than Alex Kidd and Ulala? It doesn't make much sense when the tiers are broken down.

If vehicle shape was put into question then surely Shadow and Vyse should be tiered much lower, especially lower than Gum and Beat because their cars are gigantic and their hit boxes would leave them too vulnerable to hitting walls and small objects if you didn't simply tier them higher due to Speed.

I didn't want to get too much into detail because this is you tier, your opinion but to act like you know everything while people who disagree know nothing this had to be done.