How is this game compared to the last?

#1RyuMuramasaPosted 4/15/2013 10:51:51 AM
^ Topic
---
"Scars remind us where we've been. They shouldn't dictate where we go."
#2SighnessPosted 4/15/2013 11:39:32 AM
If you loved the first one, you'll love this one more!

That's pretty much all i can say! Unless we're talking about differences and such.
---
XBoxLive/PSN: Sighness.
#3SR71haloPosted 4/15/2013 11:47:12 AM
This one feels more like a complete package with more variety in track selection and track design. The only downsides include not choosing your music and the new announcer is generic compared to the first game's. other than that, this game is much better in almost any other front. If you liked the first game, you'll love this one.
---
Now Leave!
#4Koubek_TercelPosted 4/15/2013 1:39:11 PM
Are you all stupid?? The last one was way better than this one!!
---
"OK, whatever you are, if you wanna avoid an embarrassing beatdown, you'd better give up NOW!!"
#5SighnessPosted 4/15/2013 8:09:35 PM
^ Calling us names doesn't make your opinion any better.
---
XBoxLive/PSN: Sighness.
#6Koubek_TercelPosted 4/15/2013 10:12:57 PM
All-Star moves in the last one were way better and more animated then the ones in this game!!

Super Sonic and Super Shadow made more sense than rings surrounding the car and a short-ranged Chaos Blast!!
---
"OK, whatever you are, if you wanna avoid an embarrassing beatdown, you'd better give up NOW!!"
#7Movie64Posted 4/16/2013 8:55:30 AM
They are both good in their own way.

The first is more like a typical kart racer. Not nearly as ambitous as the second one, but for what it was, it was a good kart racer. All-stars were better in the first one, but you couldn't use them online unlike the second one. Also it lacked the variety of Sega Franchises when it came to courses when compared to the second one. (9 Sonic tracks, all of them from Sonic Heroes)

The second one has more variety and the planes, cars, boat things were a neat touch. It can be pretty hair-tearingly difficult at times. And the X-box 360 and PS3 verison has 30 FPS, which is a shame. However, it has only 17 new tracks (18 if you never downloaded the Egg Hangar Dlc track from the first game), which is disapponting, but understandable.
The character roster is kind of lamer than in the first one (Danica Patrick sucks, Ralph is cool though). If you want it and you have a decent computer, i'd recommend the PC verison. It has 3 extra characters, (Team Fortress, Football manager, and some Samuri) and 60 FPS.
#8TheIastspartanPosted 4/18/2013 6:37:07 PM
Koubek_Tercel posted...
All-Star moves in the last one were way better and more animated then the ones in this game!!

Super Sonic and Super Shadow made more sense than rings surrounding the car and a short-ranged Chaos Blast!!

All-stars were literally the only thing the first does better. Oh, and music selection. Transformed is vastly superior IMO.
#9Setnaro XPosted 4/20/2013 7:59:38 AM
Koubek_Tercel posted...

Animation was toned down in this game in order to have it work online. It's rather unfortunate since I do miss the first game's all star moves, but it's not exactly the reason to say the first one is better.
---
http://backloggery.com/SetnaroX
"Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe."
#10DegalonPosted 4/22/2013 12:56:13 PM
First game had better announcer, music, all stars, and, in my opinion, tracks. This game has a few GREAT tracks (Dragoon, afterburner, skies of arcadia, NiGHTs, arguably monkeyball), but then others are all "meh" like House of the Dead and...honestly I have a hard time even REMEMBERING the other tracks in this game. In the last game, I loved literally every track except the monkey ball stages.

This one has a better sense of speed and more balanced mechanics (no more infinite boost trick on a bike to stay a lap and a half ahead of everyone with no issues), but a lot less charm, it feels like. And the graphics are also worse for some reason.
---
GT/PSN: DEGALON
Official Fuu of the Naruto Storm 3 Boards