Oh look, SEGA is copying Nintendo...AGAIN.

#1TelekiNoctisPosted 4/30/2012 9:34:42 AM
Give it up Sega. The last game was mediocre and this one will be too. Even LBP Karting will be better than this.
---
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8104/itonlydoes.gif
#2CI254Posted 4/30/2012 10:14:45 AM
Agree to disagree, I absolutely loved the first one. It was the next best Kart racer next to Mario Kart, and with the lack of said MK on other consoles it was a great alternative.

And now they're taking ques from Diddy Kong Racing, my favorite kart racer of all time so I'm sure to enjoy this one too.

Also Vyse.
---
{O,o}:O RLY?::::::::::{o,o}Shut the **** up.
/)__)::::::::::::::::::::::::::(__(\ SteamID: ci254 -[LUE] Ci- Gaisuto
#3Another_DenshuuPosted 4/30/2012 10:35:14 AM
Sorry TelekiNoctis, but Sega All-Stars racing was better than any kart racer Nintendo has put out since the N64 era.
---
Like two men sunbathing together on a beach.
#4cris1ussenPosted 4/30/2012 11:14:18 AM
^ I'm agree too, S&S ASR is an amazing game and probably one of the best Kart Racing game in this generation, Mario Kart and ModNation are awesome too and i love it, but the "Snacking" in MK: Wii, the lack of character and bikes in MK7 and the nearly empty community and boosting D4D stalkers in ModNation are the reasons that i prefer Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing
---
I'm a simple and normal gamer (Wii/3DS, PS3 and soon Vita).
#5spincyclemattPosted 4/30/2012 12:23:27 PM
TC is a typical mindless fool that inhabit these boards in great numbers.

There is 'nothing' wrong with recreating an experience, and honestly, the game play in Mario Kart 7 was barely varied despite the additions. This looks much more thorough, and honestly Nintendo doesn't make a lot of worthwhile games anymore. They will do a few things amazingly, and then miss the ball on obvious stuff.

Like honestly, what kind of person sits around complaining over something copying something else they love? If the copy is #$&* all well and good, but if it isn't does it really bother you THAT much that it exists? Why not just enjoy gaming, or post something constructive than the first knee-jerk reaction that comes to mind? That may require a mentality that is not borderline brain-dead however.

Plagiarism is a different story, but this clearly is not.
---
I make videos. Check them out.
youtube.com/SpinCycleSubmission
#6toad133Posted 4/30/2012 12:50:59 PM(edited)
They've been working on this since November 2010 and we didn't find out MK7 had these changes until 2011. Grow up and stop assuming.
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#7PhoenixRushPosted 4/30/2012 1:15:09 PM
Too bad this looks miles above any Mario Kart.
---
You will receive a fortune (cookie). - My fortune cookie
#8Setnaro XPosted 4/30/2012 1:22:28 PM
First game was anything but mediocre. It was a solid racer due to using the Outrun engine and whatnot, and it felt like a genuine arcade racer that didn't dumb down to casualty by using overpowered weapons like the newer Mario Kart titles.

Plus, kart racing is a genre. It's been like that ever since the first Mario Kart. Many other games followed suit afterwards. We've had Modnation Racers, Diddy Kong Racing, Crash Team Racing, etc.etc. And you're just going to point fingers solely at this one? Really?
---
Proper sound shatters glass. Proper sound shatters the Universe.
#9GTomahawkPosted 4/30/2012 1:29:13 PM
They can copy Nintendo all the want

They're adding a Panzer Dragoon stage

I ain't hating on that
---
Currently playing: Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2, Phantom Brave: We Meet Again, Devil Survivor 2, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.
#10TheoryofJusticePosted 4/30/2012 1:56:39 PM
TelekiNoctis posted...
Give it up Sega. The last game was mediocre and this one will be too. Even LBP Karting will be better than this.

They can copy Nintendo all they want. As long as the Sonic racing games continue to be better than Mario Kart, I don't mind. And, yeah, I thought Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was substantially better than Mario Kart 7.
---
The principles of justice are chosen behind a veil of ignorance.