Finally, a skill orientated mascot kart racer??

#1MashYouGoodPosted 5/2/2012 11:04:30 PM
"Sumo's understanding of Mario Kart's recent follies allowed me to relax quite a bit. Haters of the Mario Kart's ever-growing reliance on rubber-banding nonsense and fickle weaponry can rest easy knowing that Sumo Digital shares in your disdain. Producer Joe Neate lamented the fact that the Mario Kart series continues to cater more to people who have never touched a video game controller and less to fans who have been power-sliding for the past two decades. He assured me that Transformed is a game that rewards skill and knowledge of your environment -- two things that have become less and less important in recent Mario Kart outings. "

Not holding my breath yet... but this does bode well for those of us who played these games before motion controls and... "casuals" *shudders *
#2mhbigbossPosted 5/2/2012 11:07:39 PM
Well this was also true with the first game.
People who were noobs couldn't even hope to keep up with the skilled people.
Sure, sometimes items could cause you to lose, but that's not very common.
---
PSN: hartzheim.
Black FC: 0647 5626 5743
#3The_Shadow_LinkPosted 5/3/2012 2:26:56 AM(edited)

Well this was also true with the first game.
People who were noobs couldn't even hope to keep up with the skilled people.
Sure, sometimes items could cause you to lose, but that's not very common.

The main reason it turned out that way in the first game was mainly due to the item distribution (No Blue Shell esque weapon is good, but Backwards Homing Missiles for first place? How the heck is Second Suppose to catch up with Triple Reds being fired in 3rd and Backwards Missiles being fired from first?) So, I'd wait until the full item list is out before final judgement can be made.

That said, the new all star system seems to cater to the more skilled players (You must pick up stars on the track and fill up a gauge. Odds are, the stars are going to be placed in the harder to navigate paths)
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 25, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Idol Status*~
#4mhbigbossPosted 5/3/2012 2:34:48 AM
You could always turn off items, so that was a huge plus.
Nothing like overlapping the entire lobby in a 9 lap Ocean Ruin race.
---
#5summerclawPosted 5/3/2012 6:56:13 AM
I can't wait to see how All-star power up are going to change the way we play Online. =)
---
I can eat a Hot Dog underwater.
#6mhbigbossPosted 5/3/2012 6:58:03 AM
Yeah what's this about All Star moves I keep hearing?
Something about getting them on the track instead of items?
---
#7PolimarioPosted 5/3/2012 11:36:35 AM
Apparently there will be Gold Stars on the tracks. They fill a guage that allows you to use the All-Star Move.
---
Official Dr. Eggman and Black Kyurem of the entire site. Yes, ENTIRE SITE!
I am Dr. Eggman.