Cheaters : the blacklist !

#31ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/15/2013 7:00:26 PM
Haku posted...
( 1 ) The dragon valley one, I have had happen to me. Pretty much the same place. I was driving along in 1st and it came up I had finished. Also gave me the glitched time. No idea how I done it/if it can be done again, or if it's just a random bug.

( 2 ) Sanctuary falls shortcut, meh. I use that now as you simply can't tell who will use it and with the games stupid scoring of you win +3, you come second -50, can't risk it. Don't really like quitting to lobby.

Anyway.

( 3 ) Niteowns4717. Owns nothing. Always quits when not in first.

( 4 ) aka-chaos. Straight up cheating. Always ice, from every pickup when they are not in first. Soon as they hit you and go past, pickups are normal. You shoot them, go past and it's back to nothing but ice from them.

( 1 ) That glitch is very unstable, sometimes when you do it and get passed up during the 30 seconds, the game will sometime put you in your rightful place, that's why in BlackBlur's video he left the room. That glitch in itself is glitched, NEVER do it unless you're very very far away from your opponents.

( 2 ) Yeah me too, I had it happen to me more than once, now I do it just in case. You really have no choice. One time when I was very far ahead and some dude with Shadow did it and try as I might I was still 8 seconds behind, that shortcut is brutal.

( 3 ) It don't bother me anymore, people quit all the time, I just wish people didn't leave the room too, that always incites others to do the same. Returning to lobby + Exit Lobby = dead room.

( 4 ) I feel the same way on occasion, more than naught on Egg Hanger and After Burner, I'd be racing and my opponent shoots a massive amount of ice balls at me. I seriously can't get near some people without them getting Ice. It's worse than Drone and Swarm because once you're hit you'll continue to be hit ( if they didn't shoot it all at once )
#32C_Money17Posted 1/15/2013 7:19:38 PM
Sanctuary falls shortcut, meh. I use that now as you simply can't tell who will use it and with the games stupid scoring of you win +3, you come second -50, can't risk it. Don't really like quitting to lobby.

And what do you do when you take the shortcut and nobody else does? I know there's an increasing number of people using these glitches, but a fair number of us still race legitimately. If you're taking shortcuts like this regardless of whether others do it or not, then you should put yourself on this blacklist, too.
---
http://stopsay.in/epic
Stop saying "epic", goddamn it. Also, "noone" is not a word. It's "no one".
#33HakuPosted 1/15/2013 7:34:37 PM(edited)

ValkyrieXVIII posted...
It don't bother me anymore, people quit all the time, I just wish people didn't leave the room too, that always incites others to do the same. Returning to lobby + Exit Lobby = dead room.

Quitting is not what's annoying. First, like you said it tends to start a chain reaction and lots return to lobby & quit, leaving empty rooms. I also do not like the way it cheats the ranking. While not perfect, ranking is normally a nice enough way to roughly gauge skill level, am I going to have a close race, or is it going to be +10 seconds again and again. Now you have no idea, see people with 1700+ and think it's going to be good and it's crap as they are just saving their points.

ValkyrieXVIII posted...
( 4 ) I feel the same way on occasion, more than naught on Egg Hanger and After Burner, I'd be racing and my opponent shoots a massive amount of ice balls at me. I seriously can't get near some people without them getting Ice. It's worse than Drone and Swarm because once you're hit you'll continue to be hit ( if they didn't shoot it all at once )

There is definitely something going on with ice balls, I don't know if it's a cheat or a glitch, but they are not the only player I have seen exhibiting that behavior (normal pickups in front, only ice when behind).

C_Money17 posted...
Sanctuary falls shortcut, meh. I use that now as you simply can't tell who will use it and with the games stupid scoring of you win +3, you come second -50, can't risk it. Don't really like quitting to lobby.

And what do you do when you take the shortcut and nobody else does? I know there's an increasing number of people using these glitches, but a fair number of us still race legitimately. If you're taking shortcuts like this regardless of whether others do it or not, then you should put yourself on this blacklist, too.

Carry on as I was. With the dodgy scoring system, people coming second to me still seem to get a stupid amount of points (+20 easily), reverse, it takes a huge amount, while giving a stupid amount for a win (+1-4, hell I've had a +0).

I suppose I could not take it & quit to lobby, but then it just looks like you're quitting when not winning. No one seemed to mind the rainbow road shortcut on Mario kart, which was much the same (jumping a barrier to land on track below). How ever, as you wish

Fish_goes_moo - Sanctuary Falls shortcut.
#34ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/15/2013 9:15:16 PM
I'm sorry to players I cheat by doing shortcuts but you have to understand that the scoring system sucks. I swear it takes me 3 ~ 4 races to get a single point off an entire room of people and getting in 2nd by even 00.001 seconds will reward me with a juicy -29 which is bullcrap considering many great players at lower rating. I'm not going to gamble easily 60+ races of points because someone decided "Hey I wanna cheat for easy pts" I have seen Sonic-Imparable try in vain to glitch on Afterburner ( not just once ) while being oblivious that Sumo patched it so you can't fly above the map or below it. Needless to say he just returns to lobby after spending the entire race trying to break through walls.
#35XenilPosted 1/17/2013 1:00:18 PM
I think the best way is to just ignore points completely and try and enjoy playing (it's difficult when there's straight up cheating but hey you can just leave the lobby they're in and never play with them again). I don't even care about the crappy scoring system anymore, it's dumb when you lose a huge amount of points just for coming second but even with this I've still managed to hover around the 1550-1600 mark and I've never used a glitch but I have had it done to me. Just take note of the good players and try and play with them and avoid the cheaters, it's more fun =P
#36HakuPosted 1/17/2013 4:33:53 PM
Xenil posted...
I think the best way is to just ignore points completely and try and enjoy playing (it's difficult when there's straight up cheating but hey you can just leave the lobby they're in and never play with them again). I don't even care about the crappy scoring system anymore, it's dumb when you lose a huge amount of points just for coming second but even with this I've still managed to hover around the 1550-1600 mark and I've never used a glitch but I have had it done to me. Just take note of the good players and try and play with them and avoid the cheaters, it's more fun =P

Problem is, it seems to be getting to a point where you spend more time jumping lobbies, than playing. I must have jumped 5-6 times tonight, not because of cheaters, but because people keep leaving.

Full lobby, win X races in a row = empty lobby

:(
#37ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/17/2013 5:49:21 PM
Haku posted...

Problem is, it seems to be getting to a point where you spend more time jumping lobbies, than playing. I must have jumped 5-6 times tonight, not because of cheaters, but because people keep leaving.

^ This is why I really don't like the rating system, and its not even that, people just leave cause they're losing at all rating levels. I would've liked it more if they just kept track of how many times you got in 1st and total races.
#38HakuPosted 1/17/2013 6:52:36 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
Haku posted...

^ This is why I really don't like the rating system, and its not even that, people just leave cause they're losing at all rating levels. I would've liked it more if they just kept track of how many times you got in 1st and total races.

I think Mario Kart got it right with the stats. Every one you beat =win, everyone that beats you=lose. Seems to work quite well. Here that would mean in a 10 person race, even if you kept coming 2nd, you would get 8 wins and 1 loss.

Seems to keep people around on Mario Kart, I think or could work here. Alternatively, could just do away with the rankings, that normally encourages people to stay & try out different combos, rather than sticking with just their safe pick.
#39megasoniczxxPosted 1/17/2013 7:39:47 PM
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
I'm sorry to players I cheat by doing shortcuts but you have to understand that the scoring system sucks. I swear it takes me 3 ~ 4 races to get a single point off an entire room of people and getting in 2nd by even 00.001 seconds will reward me with a juicy -29 which is bullcrap considering many great players at lower rating. I'm not going to gamble easily 60+ races of points because someone decided "Hey I wanna cheat for easy pts" I have seen Sonic-Imparable try in vain to glitch on Afterburner ( not just once ) while being oblivious that Sumo patched it so you can't fly above the map or below it. Needless to say he just returns to lobby after spending the entire race trying to break through walls.

oh yeah im friends with that guy, do you understand spanish cause I can't understand him at all and he sometimes sends me a message.
#40ValkyrieXVIIIPosted 1/18/2013 1:26:31 AM
Haku posted...
ValkyrieXVIII posted...
Haku posted...

I think Mario Kart got it right with the stats. Every one you beat =win, everyone that beats you=lose. Seems to work quite well. Here that would mean in a 10 person race, even if you kept coming 2nd, you would get 8 wins and 1 loss.

Seems to keep people around on Mario Kart, I think or could work here. Alternatively, could just do away with the rankings, that normally encourages people to stay & try out different combos, rather than sticking with just their safe pick.

I like this system but this would really suck for new comers to the game, although it mind boggles the hell out of me why allot of people won't even bother to practice in the main campaign, I be seeing players with 00:00 time played and think wth are you doing Match Making?

Having no rating system is what I think I remember hearing people complaining about in the first game so we do need some kind of system that indicates our skill. Maybe we have place %? It'd look something like this.

1st Place 63%
2nd Place 25%
3rd Place 7%
4th ~ 10th 5%

Races Completed 142/188

^ This way we could indicate how many times the person has left a room. Or reward penalties for not completing races like

1 quit no punishment
2 quits can't race for 10 minutes
3 quits can't race for 15 minutes

^ Repeat 3rd offense ? After an hour it resets.

@megasoniczxx

Nope I don't understand a bit of Spanish, I think I've declined like 4 friend request from him lmao !