sniper rifle iron sights and Currency system

#1crimsonfoxm1911Posted 8/13/2012 4:10:37 AM
so with the addition of a much closer sight to the snipers in this game i think DMR's and bolt action marksman rifles will be seeing a great deal of usage. let's face it with high power and of course better handling with out massive sway a iron sighted rifle will be a heavy hitter in CQC situations and of course medium to longish range encounters. seeing the power of the Ballista at it's range (chambered at .338 lapua magnum mind you) and the blast from the DSR .50 (bolt action .50 cal) iron sights will either be a high end unlock or very high priced if the COD currency points system will be making a comeback. which is another thing i wanted to discuss because i loved the point system but at times i felt it was a bit easy to both earn points and the weapons. i think guns should be be priced according to level of unlock and the attachments should have a rent and purchase price, rent being you spend a smaller amount of points to try out the attachment for some time ( 2 days of in-game play time) and if you really want it there would be a higher permanent purchase price. but some thing such as the Iron sights i think should be earned by doing something like get 100 kills with each weapon type (excluding snipers) to unlock sniper iron sights for purchase.

P.S. sorry if it's glob to read it's 7:00 AM and i have yet to sleep a wink (Damn insomnia)
---
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/97I76xWl/crimson-fox-dsr.png
#2LegendaryHatredPosted 8/13/2012 6:01:11 AM
If anything, I bet you start with the irons and buy/earn the scope. Like in W@W.
---
PSN: Legendary_Hatred
Darkwraith Ranking Officer.
#3Gannondwarf432Posted 8/13/2012 8:41:42 AM
LegendaryHatred posted...
If anything, I bet you start with the irons and buy/earn the scope. Like in W@W.

this. if it is like in W@W, the scopes will only add to the guns' accuracy and range before the damage drop
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6
#4henrythefish96Posted 8/13/2012 9:44:46 AM
I think they should change the currency system to have no level restriction on guns. Instead just make the better ones cost more.
---
Narwhals, the unicorns of the sea.
#5crimsonfoxm1911(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 10:16:57 AM
LegendaryHatred posted...

i doubt it, the base image of each gun has the scope attached and plus having no scope makes the weapon more adaptable so i'm sure there's a price for such an advantage
---
#6keatonisballinPosted 8/13/2012 10:41:36 AM
If iron sights are default, everyone will run them. I know I will. Think about it. Most people don't use snipers cause they are run n gunners and a zoomed scope isn't good for cqc(except quickscoping in iw games). Without that deterrent, they'll be much easier to use and extremely powerful.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZMl66.gif
#7crimsonfoxm1911(Topic Creator)Posted 8/13/2012 11:04:23 AM
henrythefish96 posted...
I think they should change the currency system to have no level restriction on guns. Instead just make the better ones cost more.

MAG did this, kept people from being OP until they became high level people and were able to stack up cash to buy all the good guns but thank god only 5 classes.
---
#8somerandomguy14Posted 8/13/2012 11:12:12 AM
keatonisballin posted...
If iron sights are default, everyone will run them. I know I will. Think about it. Most people don't use snipers cause they are run n gunners and a zoomed scope isn't good for cqc(except quickscoping in iw games). Without that deterrent, they'll be much easier to use and extremely powerful.

This is true. In BO, I used acog on my snipers.
---
I also hold a grudge towards Zynk17 (and Nanik328), until I get my FKC.
#9Gannondwarf432Posted 8/13/2012 1:29:31 PM
keatonisballin posted...

I am going to guess that not many, if ANY, of you have played (and enjoyed) W@W's multiplayer (I am playing it now as we speak, found me an unhacked lobby). The bolt action rifles had iron sight defaults with an unlockable scope. people would run around with the ironsights and get OHK, but only after aiming. the spread on bolt actions is horrendous when hipfiring, and unless you take a second to aim at the center of the enemy's body, you would more often than not miss and die. because the fire rate is fixed, they NEED to be a OHK from the belly/chest up in order to be useful. and because they are difficult to use, people would rather use them as a sniper rifle to have the extra range and increased sight.
---
"The faster I run, insanity can't catch me!"-Lanipator
"An arrow piercing a knee is no laughing matter."-Malus_X6
#10henrythefish96Posted 8/13/2012 1:29:39 PM
crimsonfoxm1911 posted...
henrythefish96 posted...

MAG did this, kept people from being OP until they became high level people and were able to stack up cash to buy all the good guns but thank god only 5 classes.

I loved MAG :}
---
Narwhals, the unicorns of the sea.