why do people buy the same game every year?

#21byrocracyPosted 11/13/2012 7:35:38 AM
Virobot posted...
I don't eat Subway because there are usually flies all over the condiments.

Stopped going to Subway for the very same reason. The employees didn't even care.
---
What are you waiting for? Christmas?
#22GaiesPosted 11/13/2012 7:38:50 AM
byrocracy posted...
Virobot posted...
I don't eat Subway because there are usually flies all over the condiments.

Stopped going to Subway for the very same reason. The employees didn't even care.

My Subway is pretty bad ass. Going there for breakfast before I pick up Black Ops II.
---
Hyperion (female voice): "Reinforcements depleted." Claptrap: "Don't worry baby, happens to a lot of girls!"
Duke Nukem 5 GotY 2014!
#23tombrady3to1Posted 11/13/2012 7:38:51 AM
LOL... the only people against this topic are the ones who wasted their money on it already. Big surprise. :)
#24kingofjamaicaPosted 11/13/2012 7:44:31 AM
Not sure why people complain that the core gameplay of the CoD franchise hasn't changed. Why the **** would they change it? They've already distilled it down to an almost perfect formula.

That's what I think at least. If I want a different type of FPS, I'll get that one too. I'm not going to discount CoD though.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#25userfrigginamePosted 11/13/2012 7:49:27 AM
I think Gamespot said: "The campaign is engaging and the multiplayer is a blast... tho there are many who ape the formulat, no one build a frantic roller coaster of a shooter better than Call of Duty.
#26_krat0s_Posted 11/13/2012 7:51:42 AM
Svyline posted...
Because I can afford too. You should get a job as well so you can too.

BOOM!!!!
---
psn-MoarNoodlesPreez Not changing this until Tomba is revealed for PSASBR 7/30/12
IcyFlamez's "K" count: 76
#27tommy290Posted 11/13/2012 8:08:53 AM
Virobot posted...
Above poster uses words outside his vocabulary.

Which part would you like me to dumb down for you?
---
http://www.bushleaguegaming.com/ (Looking for game reviewers!) | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
#28EvilZ123456Posted 11/13/2012 8:11:34 AM
i like that new tuscan chicken , its pretty good from subway
---
-Hiltz(NA/EU/JP)
#29FooFightersFanPosted 11/13/2012 8:56:53 AM
Because its fun.
#30KobraXZPosted 11/13/2012 8:59:39 AM
tommy290 posted...
Dr_Jungy_Brogen posted...
tommy290 posted...
The same reason I don't get the same hooker every time. I like variety.

but there is no variety when it's the same product every year.

Au contraire mon ami.

Maps? Different.
Guns? Different.
Killstreaks? Different.
Class Selection? Different.
Mute Functions? Different.

Everyone who says this is the "same" is just trolling or an idiot. Compare the Madden games, which were referenced already. Are they the same every year? Not in the least, other than the fact they're football. Is CoD still a FPS? Sure. But that's the only thing that hasn't changed.

Maps = Different layout, recycled textures

Guns = All the same really, anything that shoots bullets is the same thing, with new sounds (some are recycled) and extremely unrealistic, cheap models.

Killstreaks = I'll give you that one.

Class selection = There's no class selection. There are loadouts, which are based around guns, which are all the same, so no.

Mute functions = Irrelevant.

Madden isn't even an example because in order for them to change anything, the actual sport would have to change, in which case it wouldn't be Madden.

CoD is already unrealistic and fictional and therefore has an infinite amount of space to explore.