why do people buy the same game every year?

#31tehSlippyPosted 11/13/2012 8:05:04 AM
Why do you visit a board of a game you have no intention of buying? Are you angry you aren't part of the "rush" of BL2 launch and thus are trying to piss on others' parade? Grow up.
#32One_Too_ManyPosted 11/13/2012 8:05:39 AM
"why do people buy the same game every year?"

Because it's fun.
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover
#33tommy290Posted 11/13/2012 8:06:54 AM
KobraXZ posted...

Maps = Different layout, recycled textures

Guns = All the same really, anything that shoots bullets is the same thing, with new sounds (some are recycled) and extremely unrealistic, cheap models.

Killstreaks = I'll give you that one.

Class selection = There's no class selection. There are loadouts, which are based around guns, which are all the same, so no.

Mute functions = Irrelevant.

Madden isn't even an example because in order for them to change anything, the actual sport would have to change, in which case it wouldn't be Madden.

CoD is already unrealistic and fictional and therefore has an infinite amount of space to explore.

So you admit the maps are different, guns are different, killstreaks are different, pick 10 system is different, mute function is different, etc. Ergo, the game is different.

Madden is a football game. CoD is a FPS. Madden must function with the basic premise of football. CoD must function with the basic premise of a shooter.

I repeat, anyone arguing that this is the same game is trolling or an idiot.
---
http://www.bushleaguegaming.com/ (Looking for game reviewers!) | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
#34HaganenoPosted 11/13/2012 8:09:50 AM
It is a bit bothersome when people on PSN expect you to have CoD MW3, Black Ops, and now Black Ops 2...

I mean, it's neat and all but not the kind of game I'd purchase just to play with other players online.

Call of Duty craze hits PSN like a truck. Le Sigh.
---
"In my hand, the creator's sword that calls eternal sleep! Honor our pact and hear my command! Animate Earth!"
#35davidjaffefixitPosted 11/13/2012 8:10:50 AM
Virobot posted...
It's the same four walls with a fresh coat of paint.

It's not worth $60. Then they have the odacity to charge $50 for a Season Pass. Activision is sure taking you guys for a ride. Playing you for fools!

got moh warfighter instead of the season pass, like it better
#36OnDiscDLCPosted 11/13/2012 8:12:45 AM
tommy290 posted...
KobraXZ posted...

Guns = All the same really, anything that shoots bullets is the same thing, with new sounds (some are recycled) and extremely unrealistic, cheap models.

Class selection = There's no class selection. There are loadouts, which are based around guns, which are all the same, so no.

Madden isn't even an example because in order for them to change anything, the actual sport would have to change, in which case it wouldn't be Madden.

CoD is already unrealistic and fictional and therefore has an infinite amount of space to explore.

So you admit the maps are different, guns are different, killstreaks are different, pick 10 system is different, mute function is different, etc. Ergo, the game is different.

Madden is a football game. CoD is a FPS. Madden must function with the basic premise of football. CoD must function with the basic premise of a shooter.

It is the same as other CoDs. Same gameplay and tactics from previous CoDs can be used in this one. Guns have no recoil like all the other guns. Killstreaks may have different names, but they do the same thing (Lightning strike=mortar team, K9 unit=attack dogs).
#37SudiekenPosted 11/13/2012 8:22:16 AM
tommy290 posted...
KobraXZ posted...

Those aren't real differences. And I'm not sure if you're aware, but the basic premise of a shooter is to shoot guns. Call of Duty could be in space with lasers. It's still a shooter. Like it or not, the game isn't expanded upon because that would cost time, and they wouldn't meet their "once a year" deadline.
#38KobraXZPosted 11/13/2012 8:28:37 AM
tommy290 posted...
KobraXZ posted...

Those differences are miniscule and not enough to warrant a $60 price tag. They will not keep the game fresh. They are not innovative. If any other game re-textured things and recycled as much as Call of Duty, there would be outrage. And shooter games have no restrictions besides having guns and being in direct control of your character.
#39turkishticklerPosted 11/13/2012 8:29:49 AM
Zombies.

I don't play the campaign or online (unless it is zombies)

There is not too many good games being produced right now, so I literately pay 60 bucks just for mini game.
#40firstbornnycPosted 11/13/2012 8:29:56 AM
lol i never get why this franchise gets bashed the way it does,with Final Fantasy and Resident evil franchise it makes a little since because its the fans of the games that criticize those games so they have a legit reason to be upset. but with COD its different, its people that hate the game, hate the franchise, hate the company, and sometimes even hate the genre, that comes on the boards and posts what they dont like about the game, and how "its a big waste of time and money to enjoy this crap" which from there prospective maybe true, but the fans enjoy it so its obviously not crap to them and they have millions of fans world wide so logically it cant be as bad a game as people make it out to be so why the come on the board and post hate for a game that didnt cost you a dime? or any of your time?