why do people buy the same game every year?

#61deoxxysPosted 11/13/2012 12:22:09 PM
tommy290 posted...
The same reason I don't get the same hooker every time. I like variety.

yea dude those new hookers, they are only re-skins man, still got boobs and a butt....
---
Any Goat on a cliff would tell you that..
#62The_Mighty_KELPPosted 11/13/2012 12:28:05 PM
tommy290 posted...

Au contraire mon ami.

Maps? Different.
Guns? Different.
Killstreaks? Different.
Class Selection? Different.
Mute Functions? Different.

Everyone who says this is the "same" is just trolling or an idiot. Compare the Madden games, which were referenced already. Are they the same every year? Not in the least, other than the fact they're football. Is CoD still a FPS? Sure. But that's the only thing that hasn't changed.

Thank you.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#63cirus 7Posted 11/13/2012 12:48:47 PM
both sides of this need to just give it up. the game does have a sparse couple of minor changes and additions, and if people feel adding an additional mute function and changing the names of kill streaks is worth 60 bucks then good for them.
what it boils down to, is what other option do you have? the people you play with are going to move onto the new game, and if you want to keep playing with them you have to flush 60 bucks down the toilet. and honestly i wouldnt mind that if the map packs were included, but of course they are not.
games like madden with cult fanboys have gotten away with doing the same thing for years, making a new game instead of a $15 update to add this years players and stats in, people have gotten used to it. large companys are generally very greedy and as long as people keep paying it, they are going to keep doing it. same deal for day 1 patches and DLC, or the fact that a digital copy with no disc doesnt cost any less. as long as people put up with it, it will only get worse.

the real question is, how long before they just abandon the "new" game + 4 map packs every year routine, and just start charging you $15.99 a month to play and doing a yearly update (which will prob cost more money) like an MMO.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#64The_Undying_84Posted 11/13/2012 1:14:19 PM
tommy290 posted...

Maps? Different.
Guns? Have SOME different apperances/names but function exactly the same.
Killstreaks? Was better without any of them at all, and most are the same.
Class Selection? Same, since all the options of how to create your class are functionally the same.
Mute Functions? Something that actually SHOULDN'T change, takes one game to perfect that.

Not to mention, the core game play is exactly the same and no features are ever added. Every "different" thing is something that can be done in an expansion/map pack/patch, none of it is actual sequel material.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
#65tommy290Posted 11/13/2012 1:25:00 PM
The_Undying_84 posted...
tommy290 posted...

Maps? Different.
Guns? Have SOME different apperances/names but function exactly the same.
Killstreaks? Was better without any of them at all, and most are the same.
Class Selection? Same, since all the options of how to create your class are functionally the same.
Mute Functions? Something that actually SHOULDN'T change, takes one game to perfect that.

Not to mention, the core game play is exactly the same and no features are ever added. Every "different" thing is something that can be done in an expansion/map pack/patch, none of it is actual sequel material.

Then what IS sequel material? I have yet to see anyone respond to that piece.
---
http://www.bushleaguegaming.com/ (Looking for game reviewers!) | YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyboy290
#66WILD_CHARIZARDPosted 11/13/2012 1:38:26 PM
Established formula, don't try and fix what isn't broken, play a different game then, etc.
---
Wild Charizard ran away.
#67DoopdedooPosted 11/13/2012 1:39:36 PM

tommy290 posted...
So you ignore the changes to hold on to the claim that it's the same game? Nice. Your opinion is invalidated by the fact that you discount factual evidence to the contrary of your position.

I just farted, so I just changed as much as this game has.

It's a freaking $110 map pack. 60+50.

Recognize it. Deal with it.

Lots of people are perfectly happy with it, good on them.
#68gigano25Posted 11/13/2012 1:59:51 PM
The question should have been: Why does the haters always keep coming back every year to complain and troll about the game?
#69sodakid1919Posted 11/13/2012 2:36:45 PM
so because 2 or more games are similar you shouldn't get both?
they aren't copies of each other that much is obvious unless your blind and def.
skyrim, morrowwind, and oblivion from the Elderscrolls franchise are very similar yet they are all fun, the only serious difference there is graphics. besides 50% of the reason i get the game is zombies and that has a HUGE amount of differences between the maps and mechanics.
#70MacrossSpecialPosted 11/13/2012 2:45:17 PM
I always figured it was because there really isnt any alternative, but now I just think that the familiarity is comforting.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll