I thought Nuketown DLC was a pre-order bonus?

#1pAceyzPosted 11/13/2012 8:29:23 AM
To my surprise, it was in the box. It even says on the back of the box that Nuketown is included. I'm confused...
#2ZamboniGamerPosted 11/13/2012 8:31:39 AM
pAceyz posted...
To my surprise, it was in the box. It even says on the back of the box that Nuketown is included. I'm confused...

I know......it's tough to grasp.
#3kingofjamaicaPosted 11/13/2012 8:33:48 AM
They changed it a while back. It's in every box for the first print of the game. Once those are gone, you have to pay extra for it. Pre-order just guarantees you get one of the first printing.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#4ryanpierce24Posted 11/13/2012 8:34:26 AM
Yea I just rented it from blockbuster and even that has a nuketown pass... Just no online pass.:(
#5One_Too_ManyPosted 11/13/2012 8:34:40 AM
The advertising was misleading. Nuketown 2025 is included on all the "launch" copies. You could by the game in 3 months and still find it on the disc. By "launch," they just mean the initial pressing of the discs. For all we know, it'll be on the next pressing too.

This is a good thing. The more people with the map, the more it'll show up in rotation.
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover
#6elheberPosted 11/13/2012 8:34:48 AM
GameStop fooled a lot of people in their ads. They said "pre-order to get your Nuketown 2025 bonus map," which is true in the sense that everyone with a launch copy gets the map. Basically, the pre-order is just to guarantee you get a launch copy.

It still hasn't been anounced when they'll start releasing copies without the map. Could be next week, could be after Christmas, who knows.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#7pAceyz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:34:55 AM
ZamboniGamer posted...
pAceyz posted...

I know......it's tough to grasp.

It is. Why else would people ask for a code if they didn't have one? Therefore not everyone got it. Wow, I am genius.
#8pAceyz(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:36:52 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
They changed it a while back. It's in every box for the first print of the game. Once those are gone, you have to pay extra for it. Pre-order just guarantees you get one of the first printing.

So why are people asking to swap for the DLC?
#9kingofjamaicaPosted 11/13/2012 8:51:24 AM
kingofjamaica posted...

So why are people asking to swap for the DLC?

Probably bought the game at Gamestop and one of the employees took the card with the code out of the box so they could use it themselves, sell it on Ebay, or just to be a dick.

Hence why you don't buy things at most Gamestop locations.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#10ploodiePosted 11/13/2012 8:54:00 AM
Amused to see all the things I've been saying for the last two years come to fruition - DLC is the gaming industry holding the consumer by the balls, and so many people totally give them this power ... hope no one paid $80 or more for the other "extra content" that will be bundled MUCH cheaper in the months ahead!!