I thought Nuketown DLC was a pre-order bonus?

#21kingofjamaicaPosted 11/13/2012 1:00:38 PM
kingofjamaica posted...
There's 2 copies. One with the Nuketown map, one without.

When I was getting my game at GameStop at 10am, the cashier was checking the back of the copies in the shelves. If preordered, they gave out copies with the DLC. Not preordered, without DLC.

Not sure on other retail stores.

No there isn't. Treyarch themselves have stated that every copy in the first shipments to stores will have Nuketown 2025. If Gamestop has copies that don't have it, then they themselves removed the code.

As to the person who said people don't ask for games in the initial plastic, at a lot of Gamestop stores, you have no choice. They flat out won't give you a wrapped copy because they open them all up and store the disc in a locked drawer and then put the disc in the case right there at the counter. When they try that on me, I tell them if it's not in the original plastic wrapping, I'm not buying.

Wrong.

The employee made sure I got a game with the DLC inside. Not all games have the codes. There are some copies without the "Nuketown 2025 Bonus Map included" logo in the back of the case.

The copy I got was in the shelf behind the counter. The GS employee checked the back of the copies before she gave me the game.

Then Treyarch lied to their customers. That's actually a pretty big deal.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#22slidefreakPosted 11/13/2012 1:21:56 PM
and you can always trust a gs employee right? went to a local record store cause they had it for 54.99 looked at all thier copies of black ops 2 and all had nuke town on the back, the gamestop ad was just to get ppl to buy thier copies durrrr
---
Judy-R6-Mx-5-Ps3
the loves of my life
#23Ryumoau23Posted 11/13/2012 1:41:48 PM
the code wasn't included in my copy, despite me preordering it months ago. :(
---
24 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau
#24slidefreakPosted 11/13/2012 1:47:25 PM
Ryumoau23 posted...

where did u get it? if gs your got screwed
---
Judy-R6-Mx-5-Ps3
the loves of my life
#25Ryumoau23Posted 11/13/2012 1:51:48 PM
Ryumoau23 posted...

where did u get it? if gs your got screwed

yeah i got mines from gamestop. I should have none something was up when i looked at the game box and it said nothing about nuketown. I went back to gamestop earlier today to try and get it sorted out, but the manager said Activision had acknowledged a mistake with not including the codes in many ps3 copies of the game.

He then told me they were planning to make a website to solve the problem for ps3 owners. I tried looking on Call of Duty official Twitter account but i saw nothing about them even knowing about the problem. :(

i don't really know what i can do. I wish i had just gotten the game from Amazon or something instead to save me the hassle.
---
24 and bisexual. ^ ^
psn: Ryumoau