Already seeing inappropriate emblems

#241ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/14/2012 6:13:01 PM(edited)
cediebold posted...
He's not smart enough to make the connection there, Choc.

I wouldn't say he isn't smart enough, he just strikes me as the "deep thinker" sort that seeks out debate for a chance to pride themselves on their edgy "philosophical views". The truth to this whole matter is very simple, but people like him like to make it out to be more than it is so that they can feel superior to everyone else and have a chance to speak ill of humanity as a whole (which is hilarious, given how minor the topic at hand is).
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#242harlem545Posted 11/14/2012 6:17:59 PM
Greenkeys posted...
Okay so i took the time to read some of this topic and im wondering...people arent allowed to play the game they want to? everyone has to have a gun as their emblem? if so i need to change mine its a smiley face and i would hate for it to offend THE ADULTS THAT PLAY THIS GAME!

Mine is a smiley face......... But it's the devil's colors.... with a devilish smile....... So i think I'll be reported soon. But hey, why do i care? The servers wont even allow me to play multiplayer >__>
---
Official Facepalm of the PS3 boards. BANG BANG
PSN: harlem545 or wii-remote545
#243gotdangit(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 9:52:39 PM
Let's put it this way, you guys put how many minutes into making stupid emblems that no one likes to look at.

It takes me 2 seconds to report your emblem as offensive.

It's not tattling, it's not ratting, don't pretend like this is middle school. No one freakin cares.

You guys sure are getting defensive over something so trivial as you say. Seriously just don't have a nasty emblem and you won't get reported, stop trying to justify having perverted emblems.
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#244MakMan333Posted 11/14/2012 10:10:32 PM
What they should have done, instead of reporting it, is allow you to block the emblem from being viewed by you if you don't like it. Would have saved them a huge hassle of going through all the reports of inappropriate emblems
---
Red Sox Fan PSN-MakMan333
#245Mspaul09Posted 11/14/2012 10:12:15 PM(edited)
Scratches head???? How the heck did such a ridiculous, obviously troll topic get to over 200 posts? No one cares that stupid children make vulgar emblems. No one other than people stupider than said children. There's absolutely no reason to get all butt hurt over someone making a foolish emblem. Just as it is absolutely pointless to cry and report said person, it does nothing. A buddy showed me over 50 messages about his emblems in BO1, he was never banned, never suspended, never anything other than a message asking him to remove it. So enjoy being butt hurt, crying and acting like an even bigger child than the children you are whining about.
---
PSN: PennyWise_80
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#246gotdangit(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:17:25 PM
I've heard of people getting their emblems deleted in BO1 so...
---
Poke White code: 1077-0690-9356
#247ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/14/2012 10:29:15 PM
gotdangit posted...
I've heard of people getting their emblems deleted in BO1 so...

Not only do they get it deleted, but they lose their privilege to make emblems period. Either permanently, or for a set amount of time. Depends on whether or not they learn their lesson, or just keep making inappropriate emblems as soon as their ban lifts.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#248BDSMKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:48:55 PM(edited)
ChocoboDreams posted...
BDSMKane posted...
cediebold posted...
What have we learned?...

You do realize that I could actually report you for that post, right? I don't know if it was intentional, but your post shows that you apparently aren't aware of the ToU for GameFAQ's, or simply don't care. A bit of hypocrisy there, if you didn't do it intentionally for sarcastic purposes.

Also, just for future reference:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/tou.html
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/board_etiquette.html

So you recognize that there are rules set in place for user conduct on GameFaqs, and are willing to seek moderation when necessary, but yet you dismiss the rules Treyarch set in place to moderate the multiplayer experience, and chastise those who report people to better their own experience and those of others?

If you can use the moderators to better your GameFaqs experience, why can't players use the moderators to better their Call of Duty experience? Their are rules to follow on both sides, no matter how much you feel the need to chant "freedom of expression" in blatant disregard of the rules Treyarch set in place to use their own servers.

Except I didn't use the moderators. That is my point, and I used the troll as a wonderful chance to display my point. Instead of letting him bother me when he is obviously just attempting to provoke me, I basically just ignore it and move on. It doesn't mean he isn't breaking the rules, I just don't see any point in reporting him when I could just as easily blow him off.

It is far better to attempt to inform and level with an individual than going straight to hostility, and that is the only reason I posted those links for him. If he wasn't aware of the rules on these forums, I gave him warning to hopefully stop him from being moderated by someone else. His subsequent posts indicated that he had nothing more on his mind than trying to be offensive, so I ignored him. Also, he pulled the child thing out of no where, you can find one of his posts saying that he just used a random extreme in his argument.

Edit: Also, I'm not a fan of emblems with male genitalia or feces, just for the record. I could gladly go the rest of my life not seeing either in a video game.

Edit2:
ChocoboDreams posted...
I wouldn't say he isn't smart enough, he just strikes me as the "deep thinker" sort that seeks out debate for a chance to pride themselves on their edgy "philosophical views". The truth to this whole matter is very simple, but people like him like to make it out to be more than it is so that they can feel superior to everyone else and have a chance to speak ill of humanity as a whole (which is hilarious, given how minor the topic at hand is).

I hate arguing or debating, I just keep falling into the same trap of thinking I can actually make a change, and then belatedly realizing most humans are too arrogant to even consider a peer's point of view; and I don't exclude myself. I have no interest in being edgy, I don't have an overwhelming desire to feel superior, but I do have a lot of issues with humanity and modern U.S.A. society.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#249blade_7124Posted 11/14/2012 11:45:09 PM
I find it funny that people are actually trying to justify their stupid emblems.
Funnier that people are arguing about it.
Oh, so you can design a penis or someone taking a crap? Real creative. How about you use some of that ingenuity to design something unique or interesting?

I don't report those emblems because I get offended. I don't get offended. I report them because they're pathetic.
---
Bow ties are cool
#250BDSMKanePosted 11/14/2012 11:52:33 PM
blade_7124 posted...
I find it funny that people are actually trying to justify their stupid emblems.
Funnier that people are arguing about it.
Oh, so you can design a ***** or someone taking a crap? Real creative. How about you use some of that ingenuity to design something unique or interesting?

I don't report those emblems because I get offended. I don't get offended. I report them because they're pathetic.

Who is trying to justify their "stupid emblems"?
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."