Hitmarker Heaven

#1xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/14/2012 12:25:58 AM
That's what I feel like I'm playing. The guns seem so weak.

Already disappointed with the lag. Getting insta-killed like in MW3, yet with the hit detection/hitboxes being weird like Black Ops 1...
---
SEEING THE RAMS D EXTINGUISH KOLB'S NONQUALITY DONG MAKES ME LONG FOR THE WARNER ERA
#2opinion_invalidPosted 11/14/2012 12:28:31 AM
i agree. i get 4 hits on a guy only to die from one or two bullets. even when i have the jump on a guy in cqc i still end up being the one to die. its really frustrating.
---
ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3|Intel i5-2500K|G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 1600|Radeon HD 5770|NZXT Phantom 410|1TB RAID0|OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W|COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520
#3VinsanityPosted 11/14/2012 12:30:51 AM(edited)
I thought Black Ops 1 was hitmarker heaven. Damage/health wise, this feels exactly like MW3 which is disappointing because you die way too fast in that game. I was hoping the game would lean more towards the original Black Ops side of things as far as that stuff goes. At least in Black Ops, I felt like I could get shot, find cover, regroup and fight back. In this, if you get shot at, you're done. From any range.
#4ChocoboDreamsPosted 11/14/2012 12:31:54 AM
Well, if the guns are so weak, how are you getting insta-killed? Is lag alone your problem?
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#5DeadlyDeathBlowPosted 11/14/2012 12:33:32 AM(edited)
specially with the smgs, i cant seem to kill with those things. even with ARs, it takes forever to get a kill, even if i shot 1st, it is still hard to get a kill.

thank god shotguns are atleast kinda decent. iv been using the Remington? and i rarely get hitmarkers, only when i know i should be getting them. tho i find hipfire kinda inconsistent, well i prefer ads anyways.
---
The only reason it rains is so God can spit on your existence-Faust
#6DeadlyDeathBlowPosted 11/14/2012 12:33:17 AM(edited)
sry for double post
#7SDFan18Posted 11/14/2012 12:43:06 AM
Always one thing I hate about these games. Can't wait for them to stop being cheap and finally get some dedicated servers for all platforms.
---
"Together We Stand, Divided We Fall."
XBL GT/PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#8xMessiahbolical(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 12:52:19 AM
ChocoboDreams posted...
Well, if the guns are so weak, how are you getting insta-killed? Is lag alone your problem?

Could be just lag. I seem to be getting loads of 3-bar connections for some reason. The insta-death is probably a lag compensation issue, because I had the same problem off and on in MW3 depending from patch to patch. But on the other hand it also could just be a matchmaking issue, as I've gotten way more 2-3 bar hosts than I have gotten 4 bar hosts... and I live in a extremely high populated area(Phoenix, AZ) and COD is really popular over here, so I really should have no problem finding hosts really close to me. Not too sure what the issue is yet...

(One thing I have to note about matchmaking that really pisses me off, is that they removed the options for "Local/Local-only" matchmaking that they had in Black Ops 1... I used to get good hosts very often when I used Local Only, and I didn't mind having to wait the extra 20 or so extra seconds it would take for it to find the lobby, so having this feature removed is a huge downside for me)

The hitmarkers have been mostly with the SMGs/LMGs. The SMGs have no range in this game compared to old COD games. They seem to take 4 hits to kill minimum and drop off to 6 really fast. Maybe Assault Rifles will be better? I haven't used them much yet. As a SMG/LMG man, those have been the majority of what I've been using. Haven't even tried a single shotgun yet.

And the LMGs... yeah... I've already made a whole topic about them so you can go check that out of you want. But there's no reason LMGs should be getting so many hitmarkers.
---
SEEING THE RAMS D EXTINGUISH KOLB'S NONQUALITY DONG MAKES ME LONG FOR THE WARNER ERA
#9bernhardt123Posted 11/14/2012 12:57:38 AM
I feel your pain. My first few matches went great, but when I came back to the game after awhile I was getting killed fast, and getting way too many hitmarkers. Getting kinda angry over it didn't help any either. Lol.
---
PSN: bernhardt123
#10Weiland101Posted 11/14/2012 1:01:33 AM
xMessiahbolical posted...
ChocoboDreams posted...

Could be just lag. I seem to be getting loads of 3-bar connections for some reason. The insta-death is probably a lag compensation issue, because I had the same problem off and on in MW3 depending from patch to patch. But on the other hand it also could just be a matchmaking issue, as I've gotten way more 2-3 bar hosts than I have gotten 4 bar hosts... and I live in a extremely high populated area(Phoenix, AZ) and COD is really popular over here, so I really should have no problem finding hosts really close to me. Not too sure what the issue is yet...

(One thing I have to note about matchmaking that really pisses me off, is that they removed the options for "Local/Local-only" matchmaking that they had in Black Ops 1... I used to get good hosts very often when I used Local Only, and I didn't mind having to wait the extra 20 or so extra seconds it would take for it to find the lobby, so having this feature removed is a huge downside for me)

The hitmarkers have been mostly with the SMGs/LMGs. The SMGs have no range in this game compared to old COD games. They seem to take 4 hits to kill minimum and drop off to 6 really fast. Maybe Assault Rifles will be better? I haven't used them much yet. As a SMG/LMG man, those have been the majority of what I've been using. Haven't even tried a single shotgun yet.

And the LMGs... yeah... I've already made a whole topic about them so you can go check that out of you want. But there's no reason LMGs should be getting so many hitmarkers.

Did you know you can change your search preferences to "best" which I think is basically local only?

I agree about the SMGs, they suck. This game was not made for me at all because they have nerfed everything I liked to do in MW3 (run around undetected hip-firing people)