My eyes are hurting

#1iagbasPosted 11/14/2012 6:55:22 AM
I have 23" 1080p monitor setup to my ps3. Sp & Zombie graphics fine, but there is something wrong with this multiplayer graphics. I don't usually mind lower quality texture and resolution but this blurry mess is hurting my eyes.I even installed texture in options which made 0 difference.

I couldn't sleep last night after long session of gameplay had a huge eye strain. I can't see enemy at 5 feet distance even though I am sitting close to screen. The only thing helping me seeing enemies are target finder scope lol.

I had played killzone 2-3 and resistance games, I thought Killzone games was blurry but not as bad as Cod. It is like putting on grandmas glasses and playing like that.

Why is nooneelse bother by this?
#2JtrunksPosted 11/14/2012 7:13:16 AM
"I have 23" 1080p monitor setup to my ps3"

That's your problem right there.

Usually on dark games I have this issue, fixed by changing brightness (obviously). This game is fine though.
---
Part of the Official Gamefaqs Troll Rating Association. (OGTR) *picks up pen and paper*
#3sithgod513Posted 11/14/2012 7:21:27 AM
Jtrunks posted...
"I have 23" 1080p monitor setup to my ps3"

That's your problem right there.

Usually on dark games I have this issue, fixed by changing brightness (obviously). This game is fine though.

I have a 23 inch 1080p monitor im playing on, it has a much better picture than two of my friends 50 inch 1080p tvs, just sayin.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#4OhNoItsLizPosted 11/14/2012 7:21:49 AM
Cuz we've got dat 20/20 and some eye drops.
---
New signature.
#5kitsune2222Posted 11/14/2012 7:29:48 AM
They made it blurry so we could all feel old while we play. Bad eye sight simulator :D
#6MrSpaM111Posted 11/14/2012 7:30:49 AM
iagbas posted...
I have 23" 1080p monitor setup to my ps3. Sp & Zombie graphics fine, but there is something wrong with this multiplayer graphics. I don't usually mind lower quality texture and resolution but this blurry mess is hurting my eyes.I even installed texture in options which made 0 difference.

I couldn't sleep last night after long session of gameplay had a huge eye strain. I can't see enemy at 5 feet distance even though I am sitting close to screen. The only thing helping me seeing enemies are target finder scope lol.

I had played killzone 2-3 and resistance games, I thought Killzone games was blurry but not as bad as Cod. It is like putting on grandmas glasses and playing like that.

Eye strain is not caused by graphics, its caused by not having enough light in the room, or sitting too close or too far away from the monitor. You either need to adjust your seating position or get your eyes checked. Alternativly just dont play for as long.
#7iagbas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:45:23 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
iagbas posted...

Eye strain is not caused by graphics, its caused by not having enough light in the room, or sitting too close or too far away from the monitor. You either need to adjust your seating position or get your eyes checked. Alternativly just dont play for as long.

I got no problem playing games on PC with same setup, never hurts my eyes. My eyes strains because they are trying to focus too hard to see the game properly. Its like a camera trying to focus on image to make it clearer before taking photo.

But because I can't get clear image unlike camera, it is putting too much strain to my eyes. Of course it is not about low quality graphics, It is about blur of the graphics.
#8MrSpaM111Posted 11/14/2012 8:45:43 AM
iagbas posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
iagbas posted...

I got no problem playing games on PC with same setup, never hurts my eyes. My eyes strains because they are trying to focus too hard to see the game properly. Its like a camera trying to focus on image to make it clearer before taking photo.

But because I can't get clear image unlike camera, it is putting too much strain to my eyes. Of course it is not about low quality graphics, It is about blur of the graphics.

You really have no idea what your talking about, eye strain is caused by something you are doibg wrong with your set up, not the game. If what your saying is true everybody would be suffering from it.
#9kidcrumbPosted 11/14/2012 9:10:28 AM
If you sit 5 inches away from your 23in monitor, then you will get eye strain eventually. Ways to reduce this are to sit further away from your monitor, increase the refresh rate on the monitor, or reduce brightness slightly.

Kudos to playing on a smaller monitor. It really makes a difference. I consistently go 20-30 kills with less than 10 deaths on my setup. If i play at a friends house then it makes it seem like im bad because you sit so far from the setup and you dont get the advantages of a smaller setup like footsteps, and movement detection.
---
Thermaltake Armor, Core i7 920 Nehalem, ASUS P6T, 6GB OCZ Gold, eVGA9800GT, 8600gts PhysX, 850w CoolerMaster PSU