Unable to Join Game Session

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Unable to Join Game Session

User Info: kradw88

kradw88
4 years ago#1
Hello :D

I have been trying to join my friends' games since launch. However, I have only been lucky twice!

We keep trying to join each other through sending invites and pressing join session button, but nothing works

"Error: Unable to join game session"

Anyone having the same problem?

All ports are forwarded+ PS3 in DMZ mode+ UPNP enabled on both PS3 and routers.

I would really appreciate any help!

Thank you very much, and have fun!

User Info: theOz69

theOz69
4 years ago#2
There is an issue where Activision games' online authentication servers are losing IDs for PSN users. When this happens you will no longer be able to get back online.

I had this happen to me with BO2 yesterday. After it not correcting itself for hours I signed onto MW3 and played 1 game then I was able to play BO2 again. Maybe they patched it during that time I don't know, but it worked for me then.
You can't talk to a Psycho like a normal human being
Mothers are trails on stars in the night, Fathers are black holes that suck up the light.

User Info: kradw88

kradw88
4 years ago#3
Thank you for the reply, m8 :)

I've tried changing profiles along with my friends, but it didn't work.

User Info: theOz69

theOz69
4 years ago#4
kradw88 posted...
Thank you for the reply, m8 :)

I've tried changing profiles along with my friends, but it didn't work.

Sorry you are still having issues. Every once in a while an online game gets released that seems to block certain people from connecting to each other apparently at random. I find it weird every time.
You can't talk to a Psycho like a normal human being
Mothers are trails on stars in the night, Fathers are black holes that suck up the light.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. Unable to Join Game Session

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived