So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#111Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 4:02:34 PM(edited)
unceramonius posted...
So goldeneye is a confirmed sooky la la who quits if he doesnt start 8-0.....

got it

Exactly lol. And he's saying he does bad from the lag... He states he has a 31% win rate and that's laughable. At this point I'm assuming he's played at least a bare minimum of 100 matches, that means he's 31-69 Lol. That doesn't wound like a good player to me. Sounds like a crybaby that quits matches if he doesn't do fantastic to inflate his kd and that's why he says WL doesn't matter. What a joke.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#112X_Brahms_XPosted 11/19/2012 4:30:03 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
unceramonius posted...

got it

Exactly lol. And he's saying he does bad from the lag... He states he has a 31% win rate and that's laughable. At this point I'm assuming he's played at least a bare minimum of 100 matches, that means he's 31-69 Lol. That doesn't wound like a good player to me. Sounds like a crybaby that quits matches if he doesn't do fantastic to inflate his kd and that's why he says WL doesn't matter. What a joke.

Its useless to go back and forth over facts. Lag comp doesnt work. So says 90% of the COD community. Lag comp was designed to give casuals a fair shake, but is utterly a poor design mechanic, hence why only Activision uses it. Why go over stats in a game that the guy clearly states Lag comp doesnt work in his favor, nor mine. BO1 was before lag comp. Based off raw ping and latency from host. KDR 2.23, W/L close to the same with a 96 game winning streak. PSN is below you can check it, I'll accept a friend invite. We can play a couple games for a live demonstration. BF3 stats are close to those. MW3 was a 1.91 before I traded it in. BO2 lags so bad, Im at a pitiful 1.40. Just stop using skill as a cradle. If lag comp actually works in your favor Im happy for you, truly. Just dont let it beef you up to a false sense of superiority. Outside of MW3 and BO2 every shooter I've played I have a 2.0 or better KDR and WLR. But you expect me to believe its me and not the game? Lag comp is a poor mans game design. Its no slack off my back. I can trade it in and go back to BF3. So, tring to troll me is useless. I wont even revisit this topic, thats how many Sh!ts I give for BO2, on a side note, I did enjoy the campaign. Other then that, the games broken.
---
PSN: Ocelot_X_
#113iamlegend82Posted 11/19/2012 5:17:29 PM
X_Brahms_X posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
unceramonius posted...

got it

Lag comp doesnt work. So says 90% of the COD community.

I'd say about 90% of the COD "community" are total morons, so you're probably about right. 90% need a buzzword to blame every death on. Me and the other 10% just take it on the chin and don't cry about it like little b*tches.
#114LilRoss2k3Posted 11/19/2012 6:04:10 PM
do people even know what lag compensation is or if it's even real? i never even heard of it till it started popping up on MW3 boards. the only CoD game i've played that felt truly horrible online was Blops 1....that game never ran smooth on PS3. yeah there are instances where crazy things happen, but that's to be expected in any online game. too may kids play this game now who don't even know what the heck they're talking about or how the internet even works.
---
PSN ID-SouthShallRise-Check my YouTube for Tekken/SF vids
youtube.com/user/lilross2k6
#115iCheckzPosted 11/19/2012 6:40:28 PM
Cod4 never had a problem with 1v1 fights. Mw2 the same. Black ops didnt have a problem either since most ppl cant aim and it had bad hit detection. Mw3 i had problems initially but eventually it got slighly better at least i could win most 1v1 fight. Black ops 2 i die most fights when i know i emptied 5-6 bullets only to die to two shots to ppl that go 4-15.
---
RIP to the competition-----
www.TeamVvG.com----apply now
#116JanodusPosted 11/19/2012 7:23:25 PM
WOW.

Why are you guys arguing so much over this?

Guys, lag compensation is going to stay the way it is. What gave you guys the idea that it would somehow be "fixed"? It works the way it was designed to work.

-Most people in the world have mediocre internet.
-The majority of the people who play COD have mediocre internet.
-Lag comp was tweaked to work this way so that the majority of the people who play COD will have a normal/even chance against each other.
-The people with great internet are going to buy the game anyway (they're not poor) regardless of how bad the game's lag comp is.

It's not really a problem. It is just a game afterall. Also... I read about the person who gimped his internet to get better games? I 100% confirm this. I came up with 3 different workarounds to lag comp back in MW3.

If you're ps3 is hardwired, then set it up for wifi. Your games will be 50% better. Guaranteed.

Now let's continue playing the game, and enjoying it.

The next time you get shafted because of lag comp... simply think:

You can afford better internet than most... it's a luxury. Stop being so grumpy because a few less fortunate people can beat you in a video game.

Cheers!
#117JRCxyzPosted 11/19/2012 7:34:25 PM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
iamlegend82 posted...
Well, 4mbps is more than enough to play a game like this, so what's your point?

That's what you think, see I nerfed my connection with a custom Router to slow down my speed while maintaining my ping.

So I got 4mb download and 1mb upload with about 6ms ping

What I got was 3 bars and an amazing run. A strong K/D that peaked at 2.70 in about 400 hours of play total.

Switched back to my full speed with 4 bars and like 5ms ping and what I got was an amazing losing streak, so bad infact that my now 700+ hours of MW3 K/d went from 2.80 to 2.16. That's a HELL OF A LOT. You think I magically went rubbish at call of duty for months on end? That's the sole reason I quit MW3. That so called patch that fixed lag comp did exactly what I was worried about. Make the fast guys suffer for the people with crappy connecctions to keep up and in most situations surpass...

Now you might think why didn't I leave my connection nerfed, simple. I pay full whack for my 120mb, why the eff would I let one game make my whole internet suffer.

How much do you pay for your internet? I'm not a hater or anything. I just want to know because I live outside the US so I'm curious.

MrSpaM111 posted...
darkshadowmaster posted...
^

I will give you the issues are expected considering it's still early and they are trying to balance the load the servers are handling but it's not "slight" lag by any means.

Black ops still has these problems to this day, in two years time you'll still have people complaining that this game has lag problems. If you bought this game expecting the online to be any different to any other cod cennections wise you either didnt play any of the other ones, or your kidding yourself.

Any of the other ones? MW2 was really good. Perfect? Probably not. If you're coming from MW2, it's only natural to expect good connections.
---
Official Susano'o Itachi of the Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Stom 3 boards
"When the rich wage war, is the poor who die"
#118TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/19/2012 8:53:53 PM
My K/D in CoD4, World at War, and Black Ops was always between 2.4 and 3.0. In this game, it's only 1.24 at the moment. I played the original Black Ops a little while ago, and it's still fine. I don't suck...
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#119Sythstrife99Posted 11/19/2012 8:57:51 PM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Rocking Nerf Pellet Pro

"enemy super soaker in coming"
#120JRCxyzPosted 11/19/2012 9:14:49 PM
Ice Weasel posted...
No amount of skill in the world is going to help you when your enemies literally see you on their screen before you see them on yours. That is why people are upset. They are at the mercy of something completely out of their control. They don't even have a chance to use what skill they do have. And the comments about getting "better Internet" are so unbelievably ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows that that has very little to do with anything. Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.

How much exactly? Just wondering.

GoldenEye8686 posted...
Windspun_Monkey posted...
Insta-Skill-627 posted...
Let me make it clear, a good internet connection should be a pre-requsite to play online games.

Correct, but in this game the lag comp punishes players with a better connection. That's really what lag comp is.

Damn right and almost NO ONE with a average/bad connection will understand.

I understand completely and my connection is pretty crappy. I can't help it either. I think people with bad connections (or simply average if average doesn't cut it) should be honest and say that they get an advantage from lag compensation if they do; just like the ones with good or great connection admit that being the host gives them an advantage.
---
Official Susano'o Itachi of the Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Stom 3 boards
"When the rich wage war, is the poor who die"