So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#121deathknightsPosted 11/19/2012 8:25:33 PM
X_Brahms_X posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
unceramonius posted...
So goldeneye is a confirmed sooky la la who quits if he doesnt start 8-0.....

got it

Exactly lol. And he's saying he does bad from the lag... He states he has a 31% win rate and that's laughable. At this point I'm assuming he's played at least a bare minimum of 100 matches, that means he's 31-69 Lol. That doesn't wound like a good player to me. Sounds like a crybaby that quits matches if he doesn't do fantastic to inflate his kd and that's why he says WL doesn't matter. What a joke.

Its useless to go back and forth over facts. Lag comp doesnt work. So says 90% of the COD community. Lag comp was designed to give casuals a fair shake, but is utterly a poor design mechanic, hence why only Activision uses it. Why go over stats in a game that the guy clearly states Lag comp doesnt work in his favor, nor mine. BO1 was before lag comp. Based off raw ping and latency from host. KDR 2.23, W/L close to the same with a 96 game winning streak. PSN is below you can check it, I'll accept a friend invite. We can play a couple games for a live demonstration. BF3 stats are close to those. MW3 was a 1.91 before I traded it in. BO2 lags so bad, Im at a pitiful 1.40. Just stop using skill as a cradle. If lag comp actually works in your favor Im happy for you, truly. Just dont let it beef you up to a false sense of superiority. Outside of MW3 and BO2 every shooter I've played I have a 2.0 or better KDR and WLR. But you expect me to believe its me and not the game? Lag comp is a poor mans game design. Its no slack off my back. I can trade it in and go back to BF3. So, tring to troll me is useless. I wont even revisit this topic, thats how many Sh!ts I give for BO2, on a side note, I did enjoy the campaign. Other then that, the games broken.

+1...... mw3 was bad, but i don't think it was this bad.
---
When ask would a guy hit a girl? Many said no at first, but then when ask what if she was trying to kill them.... Hypocrites i tell ya.
#122Azuma_NarooNPosted 11/19/2012 8:32:30 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
This COD is more balanced and fair than any other COD has been so just play.

This is where you lost all credibility. CoD1 - 4 were much more balanced than this game is. It's okay to say that this is more balanced than, say, MW2, Blops 1, or MW3, because that's true, but it's also a testament to just how unbalanced those games actually were.

The fact of the matter is, the only time this game would be suitably balanced (and that means actually balanced, not just you putting up with it because it's become the norm) would be in Barebones or something similar, though I haven't tried this rendition of Barebones due to me trying to spam challenges to level up faster. You just won't have true balance when the guns themselves have levels, there's 50 billion different attachment combinations for said guns, the perks and wildcards simply existing, and the scorestreaks.

Of course everyone misconstrues the fact that since they tolerate all this chaos, it's actually balanced. Maybe so in bizarro-land, but in reality, nope. CoD has not been balanced for ages now, and that's the "norm", a.k.a. that's just the way it is. Black Ops II is much MUCH better than that abysmal MW3 cash-in, and somewhat better than Black Ops 1. It's also leagues better than MW2.

But for you to come in and pretend that the lag comp isn't terribly butchered is just a joke. When you have thousands upon thousands of people complaining about something, chances are, they might have a point. And in terms of this game's terrible netcode (as of this post, who knows if it'll get fixed in the future), they're right.

Let's get one thing straight: Lag comp has been in CoD for ages now. In fact, it's been in just about every half-decent multiplayer game that has online EVER. Online MP without lag comp is a horrible experience, regardless of the game. The problem with BO2, which MW3 shares, is that the lag comp isn't optimized properly. It gives the wrong people an advantage. It's almost as if Treyarch and IW are purposely trolling the consumers since a gazillion CoD games have come out in this generation alone, yet they STILL can't get such a simple goddamned concept right on launch. Or in MW3's case, at all.

Too many times I'll spot a guy, shoot at him, get 12 hitmarkers, only for him to finally realize that I exist, look at me, and I drop dead in what appears to be one shot. Looking at the killcam shows an entirely different scenario; the guy apparently saw me first, and I only fired maybe one or two shots, not twelve as I previously thought. Maybe this game is just a psychological thriller, and everything isn't as it seems, so this terrible lag comp is intentionally part of the game.

But in all seriousness, it's lame, and it needs to be fixed. This same trash STILL happens on MW3, but I'm glad I stopped playing that trash rather than raging on forever like others did. There are people (like the TC here) who try to do damage control by claiming that they never or hardly ever experience these issues, and it's clearly just a case of people needing to "git gud". But that's garbage. I never had this problem on Counter-Strike 1.6 or Source, or Quake, or UT, or any other FPS which is actually good. Only on CoD. More specifically, these newer CoD's which apparently have really low quality control. Oh well.
---
"Azuma ninja!!" - Random guards in Tenchu series
"Hahahahahahaha" - Mara Aramov
#123JRCxyzPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:53 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

Funny you mention reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel didn't mention MW2. You even quoted his post:

Still__Rippin posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
No, I agree that there doesn't need to be multiple topics on the same issue. But to call people out and say that the game is fine and they just suck is completely asinine. I'm sure that it may apply to some people for sure, but anyone who has been playing FPS a long time and is aware of their own skill level, knows when the game is screwing them over. And it happens waaaaaay too often in Black Ops 2. B.O., MW 3, and B.O. 2 all have the same lag comp system and it simply does not work properly. Everyone has bad games yes, but it's not even about your score. You just know when things are not right.

No amount of skill in the world is going to help you when your enemies literally see you on their screen before you see them on yours. That is why people are upset. They are at the mercy of something completely out of their control. They don't even have a chance to use what skill they do have. And the comments about getting "better Internet" are so unbelievably ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows that that has very little to do with anything. Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.

lt's funny that you say they all use the same system when that is completely untrue. l was screwed by it in MW3 to the point where l quit playing that BS game. So....l still have the same internet, and rarely any issues on BO2. Hmmmmmm.

As you can see (and saw since you quoted and replied to that post), IceWeasel didn't even mention MW2. What does that mean to you?
---
Official Susano'o Itachi of the Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Stom 3 boards
"When the rich wage war, is the poor who die"
#124Rage028Posted 11/19/2012 8:35:46 PM
I don't expect to walk away with a good k/d from every round, but something clearly isn't working when with the M8, I fire half a second before my opponent, with 4 hit checks on their chest and I still die to their sub machine gun at range...

GRFS and MOHW's netcode is superior.
---
When a wise person debates with a fool, the fool rages and laughs, and there is no peace and quiet. - Proverbs 29:9
#125riddlebox89Posted 11/19/2012 8:41:48 PM
MrSpaM111 posted...
because everybodys on a level playing field now?

Do you even know what a level playing field actually is? It's where everyone has a fair chance at winning, EVERYONE, not just the people who have crap connections due to people with better connections being punished just for having a better connection.

That's nowhere near a level playing field bud.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#126Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:50:27 PM
JRCxyz posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

Funny you mention reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel didn't mention MW2. You even quoted his post:

Still__Rippin posted...T
Ice Weasel posted...
No, I agree that there doesn't need to be multiple topics on the same issue. But to call people out and say that the game is fine and they just suck is completely asinine. I'm sure that it may apply to some people for sure, but anyone who has been playing FPS a long time and is aware of their own skill level, knows when the game is screwing them over. And it happens waaaaaay too often in Black Ops 2. B.O., MW 3, and B.O. 2 all have the same lag comp system and it simply does not work properly. Everyone has bad games yes, but it's not even about your score. You just know when things are not right.

No amount of skill in the world is going to help you when your enemies literally see you on their screen before you see them on yours. That is why people are upset. They are at the mercy of something completely out of their control. They don't even have a chance to use what skill they do have. And the comments about getting "better Internet" are so unbelievably ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows that that has very little to do with anything. Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.

lt's funny that you say they all use the same system when that is completely untrue. l was screwed by it in MW3 to the point where l quit playing that BS game. So....l still have the same internet, and rarely any issues on BO2. Hmmmmmm.

As you can see (and saw since you quoted and replied to that post), IceWeasel didn't even mention MW2. What does that mean to you?

It means instead of trying to acknowledge the point I made you decided to nitpick my grammar instead.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#127JRCxyzPosted 11/19/2012 8:57:34 PM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Are you seriously trying to suggest that a game that uses p2p in it's multiplayer shouldnt effect somebody who has a good internet connection? the connection is only as good as the person hosting the game, it dosnt matter how fast your connection is if everybody else is running on ancient dial up connections. If the game had dedicated servers I could understand people complaining about lag, but as it stands this argument is just r*****ed, either get used to it or play something else. I mean what do you want them to do? ban everybody with a high ping from playing just because these people with superhuman internet connections are losing more in this game than previous ones because everybodys on a level playing field now?

Personally, what I want them to do is to patch the lag compensation away.

The thing is, either you won't admit or at least can't see, everyone isn't on a level playing field now. That's what some of the posters in this topic have tried to tell you.

iamlegend82 posted...
X_Brahms_X posted...
Lag comp doesnt work. So says 90% of the COD community.

I'd say about 90% of the COD "community" are total morons, so you're probably about right. 90% need a buzzword to blame every death on. Me and the other 10% just take it on the chin and don't cry about it like little b*tches.

Ironic, isn't it? You take the lag compensation on the chin and don't cry about it like little b*cthes yet you feel the need to make this topic to, well, complain about others complaining. Seems cool.
---
#128thetravelerPosted 11/19/2012 9:11:07 PM
LuIzalot posted...
The lag compensation and hit detection in this game truly are horrible. MW3 was bad, but Blops2 is on an entirely different level.

If you actually watch your kill cams, it's completely obvious something is wrong.

---
PSN: Daswoot025. Bring it.
#129JRCxyzPosted 11/19/2012 9:12:36 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
JRCxyz posted...

It means instead of trying to acknowledge the point I made you decided to nitpick my grammar instead.

That's not what I did, though. Point is MW2 didn't have lag compensation and it had the best hit detection of any COD game to date. You clearly used the fact that others mentioned MW2 as an example of what lag compensation should be (just plain not there if they can't make it work) to try to debunk their posts claiming they were being contradicting (more specifically that lag compensation was in MW2 and they say the game was just fine connection-wise so the fault must not be on the lag compensation and on the players). However, as I posted, that wasn't the case.

I was going to say "you deliberately changed what IceWeasel said to strengthen your posts through confusion" but decided not to and give you the benefit of the doubt so you don't think I'm "out to get you" or trying to attack you.
---
#130ShELbY_GT500Posted 11/19/2012 9:45:11 PM
OnDiscDLC posted...
I get the jump on someone, put 15 bullets into his back, and he turns around and kills me in 2 shots. Yeah I just simply got outplayed :)

I had a couple situations like that last night. I was the guy getting shot in the back, turned around and popped 2 guys.

There are issues going in with connections ect. Also my k.d is 1.78 and as a TDM only player thats probably above average yet I can still admit there are unfair advantages quite regulary.
---
Mess with the bull?...