So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#41OnDiscDLCPosted 11/19/2012 7:47:32 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
OnDiscDLC posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
This is a serious contender for "Most Moronic Topic of 2012" award. Seriously, how do people like this even make it past the age of 2?

Explain how this is moronic please.

You really need to ask? The very first post says it all. I'm not even going to lower myself by explaining it to people who are as equally clueless as the TC.

You can't even back up your statement, so how can you call anyone else a moron?
#42Ice WeaselPosted 11/19/2012 7:52:16 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
This is a serious contender for "Most Moronic Topic of 2012" award. Seriously, how do people like this even make it past the age of 2?

Lol! Really? Most moronic topic eh? Do you enjoy reading the hundred different threads about the exact same ******* thing each day? Didn't think so. I'll go play some awesome BO2 now. The most balanced game in the series.

No, I agree that there doesn't need to be multiple topics on the same issue. But to call people out and say that the game is fine and they just suck is completely asinine. I'm sure that it may apply to some people for sure, but anyone who has been playing FPS a long time and is aware of their own skill level, knows when the game is screwing them over. And it happens waaaaaay too often in Black Ops 2. B.O., MW 3, and B.O. 2 all have the same lag comp system and it simply does not work properly. Everyone has bad games yes, but it's not even about your score. You just know when things are not right.

No amount of skill in the world is going to help you when your enemies literally see you on their screen before you see them on yours. That is why people are upset. They are at the mercy of something completely out of their control. They don't even have a chance to use what skill they do have. And the comments about getting "better Internet" are so unbelievably ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows that that has very little to do with anything. Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.
#43Insta-Skill-627Posted 11/19/2012 7:52:50 AM
Let me make it clear, a good internet connection should be a pre-requsite to play online games.
#44Windspun_MonkeyPosted 11/19/2012 7:54:30 AM
Insta-Skill-627 posted...
Let me make it clear, a good internet connection should be a pre-requsite to play online games.

Correct, but in this game the lag comp punishes players with a better connection. That's really what lag comp is.
#45JoNeZYx9xPosted 11/19/2012 7:55:06 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
Rocking Nerf Pellet Pro

lma ikr! my bullets seem reaaally soft sumtimes
---
P$N: GoRiLLA-JoNeZ
"Manslaughter in alphabetical order for 4 quarters, world war that turns sons to grandaughters..HAHAHAHAHAAAA"---Reggie Noble
#46GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 7:56:03 AM
Windspun_Monkey posted...

Correct, but in this game the lag comp punishes players with a better connection. That's really what lag comp is.

Damn right and almost NO ONE with a average/bad connection will understand.
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#47Ice WeaselPosted 11/19/2012 7:59:29 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...

They'd much rather just stay in their own little oblivious world where they're Gods at COD. Those are the same people who come on here and say that there's no such thing as lag compensation, or any sort of advantage. They truly do believe that we all have the same experience online and they are just better than most. At least some of us have the decency to admit it when lag comp is on our side. And yes, I know I have benefited from it plenty of times. But I honesty don't want to. I want the game to be a level playing field for everybody.
#48GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 8:01:23 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...

They'd much rather just stay in their own little oblivious world where they're Gods at COD. Those are the same people who come on here and say that there's no such thing as lag compensation, or any sort of advantage. They truly do believe that we all have the same experience online and they are just better than most. At least some of us have the decency to admit it when lag comp is on our side. And yes, I know I have benefited from it plenty of times. But I honesty don't want to. I want the game to be a level playing field for everybody.

Yup! It's funny how I get wrecked by a 3 bar player, only to view his recent games and stats and realise it's impossible for him to be better than me because his highest klillstreak is like 2.......
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#49Ice WeaselPosted 11/19/2012 8:04:02 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...

Yup! It's funny how I get wrecked by a 3 bar player, only to view his recent games and stats and realise it's impossible for him to be better than me because his highest klillstreak is like 2.......

Yeah sometimes even the worst player will have an advantage over you and there's nothing you can do about it. Plenty of times I've been wrecked by the worst player on the other team, simply because he was pretty much invincible to my bullets. He'll end up going like 9-20 but 7 of his kills were against me.
#50Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:04:53 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Ice Weasel posted...

Lol! Really? Most moronic topic eh? Do you enjoy reading the hundred different threads about the exact same ******* thing each day? Didn't think so. I'll go play some awesome BO2 now. The most balanced game in the series.

No, I agree that there doesn't need to be multiple topics on the same issue. But to call people out and say that the game is fine and they just suck is completely asinine. I'm sure that it may apply to some people for sure, but anyone who has been playing FPS a long time and is aware of their own skill level, knows when the game is screwing them over. And it happens waaaaaay too often in Black Ops 2. B.O., MW 3, and B.O. 2 all have the same lag comp system and it simply does not work properly. Everyone has bad games yes, but it's not even about your score. You just know when things are not right.

No amount of skill in the world is going to help you when your enemies literally see you on their screen before you see them on yours. That is why people are upset. They are at the mercy of something completely out of their control. They don't even have a chance to use what skill they do have. And the comments about getting "better Internet" are so unbelievably ignorant. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows that that has very little to do with anything. Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.

lt's funny that you say they all use the same system when that is completely untrue. l was screwed by it in MW3 to the point where l quit playing that BS game. So....l still have the same internet, and rarely any issues on BO2. Hmmmmmm.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls