So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#51kingofjamaicaPosted 11/19/2012 7:06:35 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Windspun_Monkey posted...
Insta-Skill-627 posted...
Let me make it clear, a good internet connection should be a pre-requsite to play online games.

Correct, but in this game the lag comp punishes players with a better connection. That's really what lag comp is.

Damn right and almost NO ONE with a average/bad connection will understand.

They'd much rather just stay in their own little oblivious world where they're Gods at COD. Those are the same people who come on here and say that there's no such thing as lag compensation, or any sort of advantage. They truly do believe that we all have the same experience online and they are just better than most. At least some of us have the decency to admit it when lag comp is on our side. And yes, I know I have benefited from it plenty of times. But I honesty don't want to. I want the game to be a level playing field for everybody.

Actually, I used to be on a relatively mediocre connection(512kbps down/up, ping of 40ms over about 600 miles), and even I can't stand lag compensation. Actually, my connection must not have been too terrible, because I was actually losing to lag compensation at times.

I still say it should be removed. As far as I'm aware, it wasn't in CoD4, and I did way better in that game than the subsequent games(never played WaW).

Lag compensation has no place in the online gaming arena, especially competitive. You don't punish players for having a good connection, or being host, and you sure as hell don't reward people who have bad connections. Do you know what happens when you reward people with bad connections? You get people tethering their 3G smartphones and using that connection so they aren't hindered by their much better home connection.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#52darkshadowmasterPosted 11/19/2012 7:08:58 AM
You get people tethering their 3G smartphones and using that connection so they aren't hindered by their much better home connection.

I know someone that uses that. Doesn't work so well ;)

I will probably start throttling my internet again like in MW3 though.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#53JoNeZYx9xPosted 11/19/2012 7:09:28 AM
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??
---
P$N: GoRiLLA-JoNeZ
"Manslaughter in alphabetical order for 4 quarters, world war that turns sons to grandaughters..HAHAHAHAHAAAA"---Reggie Noble
#54Neoreloaded313Posted 11/19/2012 7:11:31 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
iamlegend82 posted...
Well, 4mbps is more than enough to play a game like this, so what's your point?

That's what you think, see I nerfed my connection with a custom Router to slow down my speed while maintaining my ping.

So I got 4mb download and 1mb upload with about 6ms ping

What I got was 3 bars and an amazing run. A strong K/D that peaked at 2.70 in about 400 hours of play total.

Switched back to my full speed with 4 bars and like 5ms ping and what I got was an amazing losing streak, so bad infact that my now 700+ hours of MW3 K/d went from 2.80 to 2.16. That's a HELL OF A LOT. You think I magically went rubbish at call of duty for months on end? That's the sole reason I quit MW3. That so called patch that fixed lag comp did exactly what I was worried about. Make the fast guys suffer for the people with crappy connecctions to keep up and in most situations surpass...

Now you might think why didn't I leave my connection nerfed, simple. I pay full whack for my 120mb, why the eff would I let one game make my whole internet suffer.

100% true, I used to do the same with MW3.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#55kingofjamaicaPosted 11/19/2012 7:13:44 AM(edited)
You get people tethering their 3G smartphones and using that connection so they aren't hindered by their much better home connection.

I know someone that uses that. Doesn't work so well ;)

I will probably start throttling my internet again like in MW3 though.

Depends on how good the 3G is in your area. I live in the ass end of nowhere South Dakota, so the 3G here is absolutely horrible. Then again, the cheapest home internet package I can get is $60 for 30mbps down, 5mbps up(they offer 50/10, and 100/15 also).
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#56orphanjohnPosted 11/19/2012 7:12:44 AM
Out of the many many matches I've played, I can honestly count the number of times on one hand that I've seen noticeable lag in game. I honestly don't see how some connections could be as bad as some people say.
---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#57Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:13:27 AM
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

l'd like to know what connection speeds you people having problems have. And what is the ideal speed to take "Advantage" of this system? Please, enlighten me.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#58Crzy89Posted 11/19/2012 7:16:14 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
Online gaming requires very little bandwidth and this problem can affect someone with a 100 down, 50 up connection just as much as the next guy.

Windspun_Monkey posted...
Insta-Skill-627 posted...
Let me make it clear, a good internet connection should be a pre-requsite to play online games.

Correct, but in this game the lag comp punishes players with a better connection. That's really what lag comp is.

Reading those two quotes makes me wonder...if Online gaming does require so little bandwidth, why would higher connections lag? They're not using the full connection.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#59GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 7:18:00 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

l'd like to know what connection speeds you people having problems have. And what is the ideal speed to take "Advantage" of this system? Please, enlighten me.

120mbps, 6ms ping Fibre Optic playing with a Cat 6/e 1000gbps Ethernet cable.

And by the way, MW2 NEVER gave me lag comp problems, I was ALWAYS on 4 bars. I had around 4.00 K/D average. SPAS-12 Nukes every other match.
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#60Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:22:12 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...

120mbps, 6ms ping Fibre Optic playing with a Cat 6/e 1000gbps Ethernet cable.

And by the way, MW2 NEVER gave me lag comp problems, I was ALWAYS on 4 bars. I had around 4.00 K/D average. SPAS-12 Nukes every other match.

So, that is how good your net has to be to be affected by the lag comp? Considering most people don't have fibre optic internet it's safe to say that if this is true, 99% of the people here complaining, are like l said, just complaining and not actually affected by the lag comp.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls