So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#61kingofjamaicaPosted 11/19/2012 8:22:33 AM
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

l'd like to know what connection speeds you people having problems have. And what is the ideal speed to take "Advantage" of this system? Please, enlighten me.

Lag compensation has been in all those games, but it was nowhere near as aggressive in MW2 and BO. In MW3 they decided to go full ****** and turn it up to the maximum.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#62MrSpaM111Posted 11/19/2012 8:22:45 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

l'd like to know what connection speeds you people having problems have. And what is the ideal speed to take "Advantage" of this system? Please, enlighten me.

120mbps, 6ms ping Fibre Optic playing with a Cat 6/e 1000gbps Ethernet cable.

And by the way, MW2 NEVER gave me lag comp problems, I was ALWAYS on 4 bars. I had around 4.00 K/D average. SPAS-12 Nukes every other match.

Did you ever stop to think it might be your connection causing the problem? as in you were lagging in other peoples games in mw3 and thats why you managed to get those kill streaks more often?

I honestly think this is the main reason people are complaining now.
#63Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:24:30 AM
kingofjamaica posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...

Lag compensation has been in all those games, but it was nowhere near as aggressive in MW2 and BO. In MW3 they decided to go full ****** and turn it up to the maximum.

The fact that people can't even agree which games had lag comp leads me further to believe that people are just complaining and not actually being affected.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#64GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 8:25:21 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...

And by the way, MW2 NEVER gave me lag comp problems, I was ALWAYS on 4 bars. I had around 4.00 K/D average. SPAS-12 Nukes every other match.

Did you ever stop to think it might be your connection causing the problem? as in you were lagging in other peoples games in mw3 and thats why you managed to get those kill streaks more often?

ARE YOU DAMN SERIOUS?!?!?!!?!??!!?? DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!?!?!

DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT YOU QUOTED FROM ME!
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#65GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 8:27:47 AM
Somebody please hall of fame that message above.
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#66JoNeZYx9xPosted 11/19/2012 8:33:28 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...

lmao! anywayz the bottom line is a firefight goes down and i CLEARLY shot 1st! then on kilkcam im a bumbling idiot who never got a shot off and wasnt even lookin in my opponent's direction??? thats not right no matter what the circumstances
---
P$N: GoRiLLA-JoNeZ
"Manslaughter in alphabetical order for 4 quarters, world war that turns sons to grandaughters..HAHAHAHAHAAAA"---Reggie Noble
#67GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 8:39:13 AM
JoNeZYx9x posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...

lmao! anywayz the bottom line is a firefight goes down and i CLEARLY shot 1st! then on kilkcam im a bumbling idiot who never got a shot off and wasnt even lookin in my opponent's direction??? thats not right no matter what the circumstances

I feel your pain, it's truly damning.
---
#68Crzy89Posted 11/19/2012 8:41:07 AM(edited)
I understand people's pain when the Killcam shows them just standing there like an idiot, but I think TC meant that people might be blaming LC for every death, even when it was fair play. How easy is it to just yell out "Lag killed me!" instead of saying "Oh that was my fault for standing out in the open like that"...

I've honestly stopped watching Killcams once MW2 dropped. It was rage inducing knowing I put enough bullets into a guy to kill him, only to be commando killed from 10 feet away. To this day I immediately spam square after a death and stupid deaths don't phase me anymore. If it's to the point where EVERY death is stupid, I just leave the game and hope for a better connection.

tl;dr stop watching killcams and start leaving games that get truly bad...it'll mean less rage and a more enjoyable game session.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#69Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:47:55 AM
Crzy89 posted...
I understand people's pain when the Killcam shows them just standing there like an idiot, but I think TC meant that people might be blaming LC for every death, even when it was fair play. How easy is it to just yell out "Lag killed me!" instead of saying "Oh that was my fault for standing out in the open like that"...

I've honestly stopped watching Killcams once MW2 dropped. It was rage inducing knowing I put enough bullets into a guy to kill him, only to be commando killed from 10 feet away. To this day I immediately spam square after a death and stupid deaths don't phase me anymore. If it's to the point where EVERY death is stupid, I just leave the game and hope for a better connection.

tl;dr stop watching killcams and start leaving games that get truly bad...it'll mean less rage and a more enjoyable game session.

Ah, someone gets it.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#70MrSpaM111Posted 11/19/2012 8:48:09 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...

ARE YOU DAMN SERIOUS?!?!?!!?!??!!?? DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY THAT?!?!?!

DID YOU EVEN READ WHAT YOU QUOTED FROM ME!

Are you seriously trying to suggest that a game that uses p2p in it's multiplayer shouldnt effect somebody who has a good internet connection? the connection is only as good as the person hosting the game, it dosnt matter how fast your connection is if everybody else is running on ancient dial up connections. If the game had dedicated servers I could understand people complaining about lag, but as it stands this argument is just retarded, either get used to it or play something else. I mean what do you want them to do? ban everybody with a high ping from playing just because these people with superhuman internet connections are losing more in this game than previous ones because everybodys on a level playing field now?