So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#71One_Too_ManyPosted 11/19/2012 8:49:11 AM
1/8th of a second doesn't sound like a whole lot, but when you're face-to-face with an enemy, and they have a 1/8th second jump on you, you're dead unless they suck.
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover
#72GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 8:50:07 AM
Crzy89 posted...
I understand people's pain when the Killcam shows them just standing there like an idiot, but I think TC meant that people might be blaming LC for every death, even when it was fair play. How easy is it to just yell out "Lag killed me!" instead of saying "Oh that was my fault for standing out in the open like that"...

I've honestly stopped watching Killcams once MW2 dropped. It was rage inducing knowing I put enough bullets into a guy to kill him, only to be commando killed from 10 feet away. To this day I immediately spam square after a death and stupid deaths don't phase me anymore. If it's to the point where EVERY death is stupid, I just leave the game and hope for a better connection.

tl;dr stop watching killcams and start leaving games that get truly bad...it'll mean less rage and a more enjoyable game session.

I cannot agree with you, as I said before MW2 wasn't giving me problems because my fast connection meant I would atleast be given fair play in the worst situation. The worst situation in BO2 is you get shafted by 0-2 seconds because the trailer guy on the other end is on 1mbps so I have to give him my connection.
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#73Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 8:52:06 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Crzy89 posted...
I understand people's pain when the Killcam shows them just standing there like an idiot, but I think TC meant that people might be blaming LC for every death, even when it was fair play. How easy is it to just yell out "Lag killed me!" instead of saying "Oh that was my fault for standing out in the open like that"...

I've honestly stopped watching Killcams once MW2 dropped. It was rage inducing knowing I put enough bullets into a guy to kill him, only to be commando killed from 10 feet away. To this day I immediately spam square after a death and stupid deaths don't phase me anymore. If it's to the point where EVERY death is stupid, I just leave the game and hope for a better connection.

tl;dr stop watching killcams and start leaving games that get truly bad...it'll mean less rage and a more enjoyable game session.

I cannot agree with you, as I said before MW2 wasn't giving me problems because my fast connection meant I would atleast be given fair play in the worst situation. The worst situation in BO2 is you get shafted by 0-2 seconds because the trailer guy on the other end is on 1mbps so I have to give him my connection.

The fact that you exaggerate to extremes of saying someone is 2 whole seconds agead of you is just silly and makes you sound ignorant.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#74darkshadowmasterPosted 11/19/2012 8:57:52 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
JoNeZYx9x posted...
TC wtf does YOUR personal experience have 2 do with whether or not the same lag comp system is in place 4 blops 2??

Well, sir no reading comprehension skills. IceWeasel said that MW2, MW3, BO, and BO2 all use the same lag comp system. If this is true, how can l have gotten screwed by it consistently in MW3, yet seemingly never encounter a problem in BO2, or BO1, or MW2? Hmmm?

l'd like to know what connection speeds you people having problems have. And what is the ideal speed to take "Advantage" of this system? Please, enlighten me.

120mbps, 6ms ping Fibre Optic playing with a Cat 6/e 1000gbps Ethernet cable.

And by the way, MW2 NEVER gave me lag comp problems, I was ALWAYS on 4 bars. I had around 4.00 K/D average. SPAS-12 Nukes every other match.

So, that is how good your net has to be to be affected by the lag comp? Considering most people don't have fibre optic internet it's safe to say that if this is true, 99% of the people here complaining, are like l said, just complaining and not actually affected by the lag comp.

Mine is nowhere near that & I am affected.

And my internet:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2307442840.png

---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#75Crzy89Posted 11/19/2012 9:03:19 AM
MW2 didn't really penalize good connections though, it helped them since they'd regularly pull host and have the "host advantage" where it felt like they were playing offline splitscreen. Then BO came and Treyarch implements the whole LC system because they felt host advantage was too big of an advantage. :/

I loved BO but getting host was always something I dreaded. Not because of bullets not registering, but because of that stupid framerate drop the PS3 had. I don't even have super internet like that Fiber optic you're running. 30down and 10up but it's usually enough to give me host since most players are below that.

Can you run a PS3 internet test? Curious to know how much of that 120mb Down you're PS3 is actually getting. When I run mine, it gives me only 12down and 4up(so about half of what my comp speed is).
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#76GoldenEye8686Posted 11/19/2012 9:04:04 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Crzy89 posted...

The fact that you exaggerate to extremes of saying someone is 2 whole seconds agead of you is just silly and makes you sound ignorant.

I said between 0-2 seconds, ofcourse 2 sounds a hell of a lot but you get the point, don't cherry pick what you can only answer.

Anyway, as I said before again, MW2 was perfectly fine for me, minus the host advantage which is OK considering that's ONE person who has one over me whereas in BO2 anyone with 3 bars can have one over me which is usually atleast 2-4 enemies in a team of 6.

I'm not even going to respond anymore, fact is people can't understand because they don't have the speed I have. It's like talking to someone about a ferarri when they've got a Beetle. I'm done.
---
[Quit being Jealous and make something of your life...] www.youtube.com/ihandsomedevil
#77MrSpaM111Posted 11/19/2012 9:07:56 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Crzy89 posted...

I said between 0-2 seconds, ofcourse 2 sounds a hell of a lot but you get the point, don't cherry pick what you can only answer.

Anyway, as I said before again, MW2 was perfectly fine for me, minus the host advantage which is OK considering that's ONE person who has one over me whereas in BO2 anyone with 3 bars can have one over me which is usually atleast 2-4 enemies in a team of 6.

I'm not even going to respond anymore, fact is people can't understand because they don't have the speed I have. It's like talking to someone about a ferarri when they've got a Beetle. I'm done.

So what your basically saying is, the game is now unfair because you've lost an advantage you had over other players that caused you to be better at the game than you actually were.

I've actually heard it all now.
#78spamcakesPosted 11/19/2012 9:12:58 AM
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Crzy89 posted...

See this is what i don't get about this lag comp. You say anyone with 3 bars gets an advantage over you. but when ever im 3 bars or on the very rare occasion yellow 2 bars. the game is bloody almost unplayable against people with 4 bars. yet when im on 4 bars the game runs almost perfectly.
#79darkshadowmasterPosted 11/19/2012 9:13:50 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Crzy89 posted...

So what your basically saying is, the game is now unfair because you've lost an advantage you had over other players that caused you to be better at the game than you actually were.

I've actually heard it all now.

That's not what he is "basically saying" but you already know that, you simply want to make stupid comments.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#80Ice WeaselPosted 11/19/2012 9:14:28 AM
Still__Rippin posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
This is a serious contender for "Most Moronic Topic of 2012" award. Seriously, how do people like this even make it past the age of 2?

Lol! Really? Most moronic topic eh? Do you enjoy reading the hundred different threads about the exact same ******* thing each day? Didn't think so. I'll go play some awesome BO2 now. The most balanced game in the series.

lt's funny that you say they all use the same system when that is completely untrue. l was screwed by it in MW3 to the point where l quit playing that BS game. So....l still have the same internet, and rarely any issues on BO2. Hmmmmmm.

It is the same system. It was developed by Treyarch for Black Ops. Then they assisted IW with implementing it in MW 3. And now they're using it again for B.O. 2.