So utterly sick and tired of people blaming their bad games on lag compensation.

#81Crzy89Posted 11/19/2012 9:15:44 AM
^That's pretty much how the game has been for me. 3 bars is unplayable, 4 works just right.

Setting the connection filter to Best and playing alone pretty much always puts me in a 4 bar game. Unless of course it migrates and chooses to give host to that one guy with the Fischer Price router.
---
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/xCrzy89x/stats/211730747/ps3/
#82cirus 7Posted 11/19/2012 9:17:19 AM
One_Too_Many posted...
1/8th of a second doesn't sound like a whole lot, but when you're face-to-face with an enemy, and they have a 1/8th second jump on you, you're dead unless they suck.

that basically sums it up. and 1/8 a second is the nice end of it, its more like a whole second for me when im really out of sync with the game/ server.
i was playing in a party with friends last night, had a few great smooth matches, then the lag hit me. at one point i emptied en entire clip into a guys back, reloaded, and got another 6 shots off, then he turned around and killed me. when the kill cam comes up it showed me him moving from the spot he was in, me running up and shooting at an empty spot, and him shooting me in the back. the delay is deadly.

its A LOT better since patch 1.3, before that it was happening almost every game for me, now its like 1 in every 3 matches, but its still bad.
---
psn id "rajas", FF11 handle- Atrox, on Cerberus
auto modellista team- Akagi Redsuns *RIP*
#83Insta-Skill-627Posted 11/19/2012 9:17:57 AM
A major problem since the first Black Ops was the introduction of host lag (I always pull host). However my biggest gripe with the game other than lag comp is the fact that I live in the most densely city's in the world London yet all I play against is mainland Europe e.g. France or Spain sometimes German lobbies. Even then I still pull host and get lag comped heavily.

I'm currently under the impression that I was the only person in London who bought this game. Regardless I think Treyarch are more competent than IW when it comes to fixing errors and balancing. So I say give the game time, it hash't been a whole week yet.
#84Still__Rippin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 9:23:58 AM
This topic has gotten side splitting hilarious. Here's what I've learned

People who used to have host advantage don't get it and now they're pissed.

It's so funny because some people say they get screwed when they're on 3 bars, and some people are moronically stating that they have a disadvantage when they have 4 bars!. Are you kidding me? All this flip flopping is making me sick.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#85MrSpaM111Posted 11/19/2012 9:24:06 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
GoldenEye8686 posted...
Still__Rippin posted...
Crzy89 posted...
I understand people's pain when the Killcam shows them just standing there like an idiot, but I think TC meant that people might be blaming LC for every death, even when it was fair play. How easy is it to just yell out "Lag killed me!" instead of saying "Oh that was my fault for standing out in the open like that"...

I've honestly stopped watching Killcams once MW2 dropped. It was rage inducing knowing I put enough bullets into a guy to kill him, only to be commando killed from 10 feet away. To this day I immediately spam square after a death and stupid deaths don't phase me anymore. If it's to the point where EVERY death is stupid, I just leave the game and hope for a better connection.

I cannot agree with you, as I said before MW2 wasn't giving me problems because my fast connection meant I would atleast be given fair play in the worst situation. The worst situation in BO2 is you get shafted by 0-2 seconds because the trailer guy on the other end is on 1mbps so I have to give him my connection.

The fact that you exaggerate to extremes of saying someone is 2 whole seconds agead of you is just silly and makes you sound ignorant.

I said between 0-2 seconds, ofcourse 2 sounds a hell of a lot but you get the point, don't cherry pick what you can only answer.

Anyway, as I said before again, MW2 was perfectly fine for me, minus the host advantage which is OK considering that's ONE person who has one over me whereas in BO2 anyone with 3 bars can have one over me which is usually atleast 2-4 enemies in a team of 6.

I'm not even going to respond anymore, fact is people can't understand because they don't have the speed I have. It's like talking to someone about a ferarri when they've got a Beetle. I'm done.

So what your basically saying is, the game is now unfair because you've lost an advantage you had over other players that caused you to be better at the game than you actually were.

I've actually heard it all now.

That's not what he is "basically saying" but you already know that, you simply want to make stupid comments.

Sure sounds like it to me! Infact i'd put money on the fact that most of these people complaining about lag are just butthurt that their super fast internet connections arnt giving them an advantage over other players any more, and then they are coming on here complaing that the game is now unfair because they are on the same playing field as everybody else now.

If he's that bothered about it why dosnt he create a topic on here asking for only people with fibre internet connections to add him, and then just play with those people and not the general public. I'm pretty sure he'd get just as owned and would still be complaining of lag.
#86dooms14Posted 11/19/2012 9:29:33 AM
If im shooting a guy with rapid fire thats prone and hitmarkers dont show up until the 6th-8th bulllet im blame it on lag.

If i see that internet cord getting unplugged animation at the bottom, and i die for it, im blame it on lag.

If i shoot a guy 8 times with hitmakers, then on Killcam it shows no indication of him getting hit at all im blaming it on lag.

40-3 may be nice, but i dont wanna die from something stupid positive or negative.
#87darkshadowmasterPosted 11/19/2012 9:32:12 AM(edited)
I'm not "butthurt" my connection doesn't give me an advantage, I'm "butthurt" that it gives me a death sentence. :\

I'm completely fine with having some counter-measure in place to not permit host to decimate lobbies, however right now it's highly skewed in favor of everyone except the host.

dooms14 posted...
If im shooting a guy with rapid fire thats prone and hitmarkers dont show up until the 6th-8th bulllet im blame it on lag.

If i see that internet cord getting unplugged animation at the bottom, and i die for it, im blame it on lag.

If i shoot a guy 8 times with hitmakers, then on Killcam it shows no indication of him getting hit at all im blaming it on lag.

40-3 may be nice, but i dont wanna die from something stupid positive or negative.

That right there, is all I want. I don't care if I go negative every game from now on if that means that I'm not being screwed by Lag comp, as that means I'm simply being outplayed.

At the moment I'm being more decimated by lag than I am the individuals I'm playing against, and thats the part that pisses me off to no end.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#88Insta-Skill-627Posted 11/19/2012 9:34:48 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
I'm not "butthurt" my connection doesn't give me an advantage, I'm "butthurt" that it gives me a death sentence. :\

I'm completely fine with having some counter-measure in place to not permit host to decimate lobbies, however right now it's highly skewed in favor of everyone except the host.

dooms14 posted...

That right there, is all I want. I don't care if I go negative every game from now on if that means that I'm not being screwed by Lag comp, as that means I'm simply being outplayed.

At the moment I'm being more decimated by lag than I am the individuals I'm playing against, and thats the part that pisses me off to no end.

QFT
#89params7Posted 11/19/2012 9:37:47 AM(edited)
TC is wrong. The lag compensation can be the difference between you landing that 1000+ point killstreak and adding 10+ kills.

When I shoot 10 bullets, right on the person without it registering, its Bull **** and what makes CoD a series worse than most MP FPS's out there. I'll say MoH: Warfighter's online was much better than CoD's.

Also, what is TC's PSN? I want to check his KDR.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png
#90ymdasePosted 11/19/2012 9:37:46 AM
COD is awesome