If there were dedicated servers and no lag compensation..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. If there were dedicated servers and no lag compensation..

User Info: greatmario3

greatmario3
4 years ago#1
Wouldn't it be VERY hard to have a good game? You would never face someone that is at a connection disadvantage. Everyone can kill you in 3 bullets, so you would always instantly die if you got shot first. (unless they have terrible aiming)

I suppose that most of you would be totally fine with getting killed after being shot first, but that would make your K/D ratio go way down and earning score streaks much more difficult.

I have come to accept lag comp, because, for me, its a 50/50 chance that I will have the jump on people even after being shot first, or me shooting some guy 10 times only for him to turn around and kill me in 2 hits.

Just my opinion.
PSN ID: Dominic935
"They look like monsters to you?" - Vincent

User Info: Tom344

Tom344
4 years ago#2
That's why you play in a way that puts YOU at an advantage.
PSN: TomW344

User Info: Luxiere

Luxiere
4 years ago#3
Yeah, screw fairness right?
"Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your balls"

greatmario3
4 years ago#4
Luxiere posted...

Admit it, getting score streaks would be so much more difficult in a lag free game.

Tom344
4 years ago#5
greatmario3 posted...
Luxiere posted...

Admit it, getting score streaks would be so much more difficult in a lag free game.

Not if you place yourself in a position you'll always get the first shot on someone.

greatmario3
4 years ago#6
Tom344 posted...
greatmario3 posted...
Luxiere posted...

Not if you place yourself in a position you'll always get the first shot on someone.

Perhaps that would work, but spawning in this game is a bit iffy, so your position could get compromised pretty quickly.

Additionally, have any of you guys ever seen K9 Unit killstreak not from a care package? or even from a care package?

I have yet to see dogs in this game, and that is excellent for me cause they destroyed in Black Ops.

Tom344
4 years ago#7
greatmario3 posted...
Tom344 posted...
greatmario3 posted...
Luxiere posted...

Perhaps that would work, but spawning in this game is a bit iffy, so your position could get compromised pretty quickly.

Additionally, have any of you guys ever seen K9 Unit killstreak not from a care package? or even from a care package?

I have yet to see dogs in this game, and that is excellent for me cause they destroyed in Black Ops.

I've seen it in a care pack, yeah.
I agree with you on the spawning, on MW3 terminal I completely controlled A and C flags on domination, got a moab and then my teammates run into their spawn, switching the enemy team to behind me. Needless to say, I turned a corner to see 5 people. :C

User Info: Luxiere

Luxiere
4 years ago#8
Yep, some dude got Dogs in a care package on the enemy team yesterday.

And no, I'd take getting pwned legitimately over some crappy lag any day.
"Embrace your dreams. And, whatever happens, protect your balls"

greatmario3
4 years ago#9
So from the responses I have gotten, it's safe to say that a lag free game would be much more preferable for everyone.

It would take more skill to earn scorestreaks, as a death would come quickly if you are exposed. Running and gunning would be slightly more challenging.

You may even see more/less camping if the game was lag free.

The fairness factor is absent when lag is present, which I have to say is an irrefutable argument.

But WITH lag comp, even if you are in a good position and fire off the first rounds, you can still get easily killed in 2 hits.

A lot of people would have a 1 K/D because an even kills to death ratio means it was a fair game?

Tom344
4 years ago#10
greatmario3 posted...
So from the responses I have gotten, it's safe to say that a lag free game would be much more preferable for everyone.

It would take more skill to earn scorestreaks, as a death would come quickly if you are exposed. Running and gunning would be slightly more challenging.

You may even see more/less camping if the game was lag free.

The fairness factor is absent when lag is present, which I have to say is an irrefutable argument.

But WITH lag comp, even if you are in a good position and fire off the first rounds, you can still get easily killed in 2 hits.

A lot of people would have a 1 K/D because an even kills to death ratio means it was a fair game?

Of course it'd be better, you'd see people playing who actually think.
  1. Boards
  2. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  3. If there were dedicated servers and no lag compensation..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived