There's no way I can be this bad.

#1MistahApplezPosted 11/20/2012 7:57:43 PM
I don't know what happened. I've always managed to maintain at least a 1.70 K/D ever since Modern Warfare 1 and now I'm going negative almost every other match. Every time I see somebody it seems like they're like 30 seconds ahead of me, and when I look at the kill cam I'm just walking around like an oaf while they kill me. Is it lag? Am I just garbage now? This is depressing..

So is there any tips you veterans can share?
#2chaotix247Posted 11/20/2012 8:08:29 PM
This is happening to E.V.E.R.Y.O.N.E. except all the people who have those sonic the hedgehog classes (Lightweight,Dex,Extreme Conditioning, laser sight)
---
I hate Capcom even with the announcement of DMC HD Collection.
Currently Playing - NHL13, RE6, CS:GO
#3BlaeuPosted 11/20/2012 8:12:08 PM
Ever since that last patch I've been suffering. Seriously, I used to destroy people, having at least a 2.0 k/d (with the help if scorestreaks) and now I can barely break 1.0 and I don't even get my scorestreaks. If feels as if my bullets aren't even hitting.

I've been trying to hours to get a few bloodthirsty medals and I cannot seem to do it. Beyond frustrating.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#4Devil_Killer_JCPosted 11/20/2012 8:13:17 PM
Yeah, you aren't alone TC. I too am having problems. I'm normally a 2.5 k/d type of player (that one guy that usually goes 17-6 or something similar in TDM), but lately I can barely manage to go positive, mostly because it seems like everyone is already shooting at me before they even turn the corner.
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#5goldenboy1867Posted 11/20/2012 8:16:24 PM
Me to ,I was 2:44 on MW3 and now I'm 1:50 and still going down , Dont k os what happen to me
#6yaboyblizz24Posted 11/20/2012 8:22:58 PM
i'm in the same boat with you TC! my k/d was rising now after that patch i can't even camp for kills. its basically like this: if the person shoots back, i lose 9 times out of 10! i used to maintain a k/d that floated around 1.50-1.60 which means i'm a decent player. and i didnt get it from killstreaks either. my highest killstreak would be the strike so i could cycle the uav faster for my team but NOW i'm lucky to even get a uav or even manage to go positive.
---
If YOU have to talk crap online to make YOURSELF feel better, then its obvious YOU have daddy issues! "sad face"
#71Scream1Posted 11/20/2012 8:37:47 PM
Same problem here and I'm like 80% sure the problem is the crappy teams you are placed in and their inability to take out UAV's. Half the times you join a game that already started, you're joining a lopsided piece of crap. And of course you are placed on the crappy team.

In other words, getting to lvl 55 for ghost is a damn pain because the opponent calls nonstop UAV's and your team does NO effort to take them down. If you already have ghost, then how unfortunate of you...
---
PSN: Crash182-
#8assbreezePosted 11/20/2012 8:44:27 PM
I'm with the rest of you guys. I'm just getting destroyed and I have no idea why. I can't win a H2H firefight to save my life, and I go down with one bullet when I'm four or five steps around a corner.
---
Going to a car show and looking at the minivans is like going to a strip club and looking at the DJ.
#9xMessiahbolicalPosted 11/20/2012 8:44:40 PM
1Scream1 posted...
Same problem here and I'm like 80% sure the problem is the crappy teams you are placed in and their inability to take out UAV's. Half the times you join a game that already started, you're joining a lopsided piece of crap. And of course you are placed on the crappy team.

In other words, getting to lvl 55 for ghost is a damn pain because the opponent calls nonstop UAV's and your team does NO effort to take them down. If you already have ghost, then how unfortunate of you...

Not really. I shoot down UAVs every single time an enemy calls them in and run Ghost on top of it. This game is just ridiculously laggy.
---
SEEING THE RAMS D EXTINGUISH KOLB'S NONQUALITY DONG MAKES ME LONG FOR THE WARNER ERA
#10helvinek83Posted 11/20/2012 8:46:33 PM
MistahApplez posted...
I don't know what happened. I've always managed to maintain at least a 1.70 K/D ever since Modern Warfare 1 and now I'm going negative almost every other match. Every time I see somebody it seems like they're like 30 seconds ahead of me, and when I look at the kill cam I'm just walking around like an oaf while they kill me. Is it lag? Am I just garbage now? This is depressing..

So is there any tips you veterans can share?

I agree however I will share a few tips with you since you are asking. When I first started I was like a kid in a candy store enjoying the awesome graphics, sounds of gunshots, people on their headsets, and then the frustration set in when I was dying like 5 times in a row getting rocked like crazy. Now after getting frustrated it helped me at times advance enemy lines and get the better of them but eventually they would be on top of me.

My advice?

1. Flanking: Flanking comes in handy very well I have noticed as I have taken down 3 enemies holding up in a room or area. Since they were focused on shooting others and had no idea I was flanking them. Usually by the second kill a third one may notice but he is down before he can even get off a shot at me. Look for mines because when they hole up somewhere they like to lay mines and charges.

2. Bum Rushing: Go with your team if you keep dying to see if you can bum rush your enemies in extreme situations this may be the only answer.

3. Stalking: If you can learn to stalk your prey it comes in handy. Try to go for the red dots and move in very carefully don't run after moving close to the gunfire? Look for an entry point or a secure position to snipe and take down your foes while they are focused on other things. I have noticed if an enemy is looking the other way I can instantly get the kill when I see red dots I run really fast then slow way down and move in carefully looking for targets which can usually result in a couple of kills.

4. Camping: Find good areas to camp as this comes in handy extremely well. Don't camp too long as they will respawn before long and come after you like a mad dog.

5. Sniping: Snipe enemies like a mad dog, enough said.

6. Scorestreaks: If you can get them this is how you will totally dominate the competition. I can pull this off very rarely after combining multiple concepts (Bum Rushing, Stalking, Camping, Etc) and they I go crazy with the kills when I get one of these.

Try these concepts as it helped me improve a little. Don't stay too long in one spot and remember to check corners, use target finder, etc.