I don't know what happened. I've always managed to maintain at least a 1.70 K/D ever since Modern Warfare 1 and now I'm going negative almost every other match. Every time I see somebody it seems like they're like 30 seconds ahead of me, and when I look at the kill cam I'm just walking around like an oaf while they kill me. Is it lag? Am I just garbage now? This is depressing..
So is there any tips you veterans can share?
I agree however I will share a few tips with you since you are asking. When I first started I was like a kid in a candy store enjoying the awesome graphics, sounds of gunshots, people on their headsets, and then the frustration set in when I was dying like 5 times in a row getting rocked like crazy. Now after getting frustrated it helped me at times advance enemy lines and get the better of them but eventually they would be on top of me.
1. Flanking: Flanking comes in handy very well I have noticed as I have taken down 3 enemies holding up in a room or area. Since they were focused on shooting others and had no idea I was flanking them. Usually by the second kill a third one may notice but he is down before he can even get off a shot at me. Look for mines because when they hole up somewhere they like to lay mines and charges.
2. Bum Rushing: Go with your team if you keep dying to see if you can bum rush your enemies in extreme situations this may be the only answer.
3. Stalking: If you can learn to stalk your prey it comes in handy. Try to go for the red dots and move in very carefully don't run after moving close to the gunfire? Look for an entry point or a secure position to snipe and take down your foes while they are focused on other things. I have noticed if an enemy is looking the other way I can instantly get the kill when I see red dots I run really fast then slow way down and move in carefully looking for targets which can usually result in a couple of kills.
4. Camping: Find good areas to camp as this comes in handy extremely well. Don't camp too long as they will respawn before long and come after you like a mad dog.
5. Sniping: Snipe enemies like a mad dog, enough said.
6. Scorestreaks: If you can get them this is how you will totally dominate the competition. I can pull this off very rarely after combining multiple concepts (Bum Rushing, Stalking, Camping, Etc) and they I go crazy with the kills when I get one of these.
Try these concepts as it helped me improve a little. Don't stay too long in one spot and remember to check corners, use target finder, etc.
Thanks for the advice, Mate! It feels good to know I'm not alone in this, I thought it was just personal skill going down the drain.
1) Take a weapon with 1Hit Kill capability 2) Learn to aim 3)??????? 4)PROFIT
Seriously though, i had 2/30 K/D with an SMG. Now i use Shotguns only and i'm getting around 25/7 K/D
That is fairly good advice. I've had more success running with a S12 with the long barrel attachment than I've had with other guns lately.
btw, for all of us that are suffering, try hardcore. For some unknown reason, the lag doesn't seem as nasty there. I won a good amount of H2H gunfights (about 60% of them) when I played a little bit of hardcore TDM earlier. In core TDM, I couldn't win most of the time, even with a shotgun against a AR at point blank range, unless I flanked them from behind. --- PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS biohazardmercenaries.com