Treyarch literally gives people the tools to camp with.

#11riddlebox89Posted 11/21/2012 12:26:12 AM
The MSR takes time to scan the area ahead, and the area it scans is only as big as the sight itself.

The target finder only identifies targets you can physically see, it can't see them through walls.

It's kind of hard to say these are the tools for campers when the reality is these are the two worst things to camp with, you'd be better off sticking with standard iron sights than going with either of these, or hell even no sights at all and just pointing and guessing where the bullets will go.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#12Suiko SlavePosted 11/21/2012 12:31:01 AM
I agree with the OP. Camping gets worse with ever COD game. I'm actually starting to lose hope in today's gamers and I also think it's telling about the youth of society that they have to play like that in order to do well in a video game.

I'm not talking about other game modes either. You are supposed to play defensive and cautious in many of the game modes. I'm strictly talking about TDM. It's the one game mode where I think people should be moving all the time. I can honestly say that I can find a lobby where every player on the other team has taken up a defensive position and let the action come to them.

Anybody who disagrees is probably a camper and therefore their argument is rendered mute.

I grew up in the 80's playing games like Contra. I didn't stay on the first screen and wait for the enemy to come to me. I moved. Come out and fight me heads up and let's see who wins, oh wait, you tried that strategy in BO and MW3 and it didn't work for you, hence why you are now a camper.
#13SoulAssassin226Posted 11/21/2012 12:38:50 AM
I grew up in the 80's playing games like Contra. I didn't stay on the first screen and wait for the enemy to come to me. I moved. Come out and fight me heads up and let's see who wins, oh wait, you tried that strategy in BO and MW3 and it didn't work for you, hence why you are now a camper.

One of the stupidest things I have ever read on a message board. How can you even possibly think that this is anywhere close to a valid comparison? In Contra you were playing against AI that was as dumb as bricks, hence why you, as 1 (or 2) person(s), takes out hundreds of enemies by yourself. I'm sorry that your brain cannot keep up against actual human players that can actually think for themselves. I'm sure when soldiers go to war IRL they just call the enemy "camping p*****s" when they don't run out from cover randomly, guns blazing.

I agree with the OP. Camping gets worse with ever COD game. I'm actually starting to lose hope in today's gamers and I also think it's telling about the youth of society that they have to play like that in order to do well in a video game.

I, too, am starting to lose hope in "today's gamers" as it seems that none of you can actually think. There are plenty of things in this game to help you beat a "camper" but apparently the only thing you guys seem to know how to do is sprint, aim, and shoot.
---
PSN: SoulAssassin226
#14jjmac12345Posted 11/21/2012 12:40:18 AM
You could run and gun in black ops with more luck than this game. I think they should try to make a nice balance for people who play like this and for people who like to camp or sit and wait, so in a perfect game each playing style would have an equal chance of doing well. The balance is just off in this game. It feels like run and gunners are at a disadvantage most of the time.
---
I've started falling apart, I'm not savoring life.
#15White_Knight13Posted 11/21/2012 12:40:48 AM
What in the world is the MSR? The sniper from MW3?
#16jjmac12345Posted 11/21/2012 12:42:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17Spetsnaz420Posted 11/21/2012 12:45:45 AM(edited)
Suiko Slave posted...
Anybody who disagrees is probably a camper and therefore their argument is rendered mute.

So you make a sweeping statement about anyone defending "camping" and disqualify anything they say before they even say it because as you put it disagreeing with you makes them mute. Any point you were trying to make was "mute" with that statement.

Also comparing camping in an arcade style FPS to camping in a side scroller is probably one of the worst arguments I've seen here...and this is gamefaqs so that's a real achievement there. Come to think of it I should try camping next time I play Mario and wait for Bowser to come around the corner and surprise him.

---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420
#18harlem545Posted 11/21/2012 12:54:06 AM
I agree with OP I freaking hate campers, but they are ridiculously easy to kill. I've spent the last 3 CoD games studying these creatures and needless to say, they're quite easy to tame. Now, as much entertainment as I'm getting out of this topic, one shouldn't try to prove an OPINION wrong. It gets people nowhere, both points have validity in them but neither can be 100% right.
---
Official Facepalm of the PS3 boards. BANG BANG
PSN: harlem545 or wii-remote545
#19SoulAssassin226Posted 11/21/2012 12:56:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#20Masterpie3000Posted 11/21/2012 12:59:35 AM
tactical mask, enginner, crouch button, flak jacket, cold blooded... did i miss anything?

oh yah playing well
---
[OhYa] (kool aid clan) founder/leader PSN OhYa_GRAPEaid
KoolAidKoalition- youtube (lots of great borderlands 2 footage)