Treyarch literally gives people the tools to camp with.

#21Little_RJ87Posted 11/21/2012 1:46:31 AM
Why are people still surprised that there are campers in a FPS? How long have we all been playing FPSs? Do you wanna know why people camp corners? Because it works, in both video games and IRL. So long as there are corners, there are going to be campers. End of story. Nothing is going to change that and complaining on this forum isn't going to get the developer's attention.

Suck it up. Throw a flash bang. Adapt and overcome.
---
Give an ape a knife and it might give itself a nasty cut. Give an ape a hand-grenade, and eventually you will have simian confetti.
Minecraft ID: CiD7707
#22Zed7777ZR1Posted 11/21/2012 2:13:49 AM
does he know that cold blooded hides him from both these sights ...?

and the millimeter scanner only finds players who are stationary and not moving ...?

talk about the same typical clueless complainer ...
#23supertomato_13Posted 11/21/2012 2:17:42 AM
The target finder still lights up red and beeps continuously when looking at a cold blooded person...
---
GT: Bobby Corwen PSN: SUPER-TOMATO_13
Budokai 3 HD <3
#24BDSMKanePosted 11/21/2012 2:25:45 AM
Let me start off by saying the only time I ever sit still is sniping, reloading, or trying to ambush someone like a flag runner, otherwise I like running around more. If anyone honestly wants advice for dealing with campers, and is capable of asking in a civilized and coherent manner, just ask and I'll help if I can.

However, TC, your complaints sound completely unfounded. As others have pointed out, the MMS, if that is what you meant, is actually designed to let you find campers behind walls. The Target Finder can be useful, but a simple perk renders it useless; not to mention the other ways to neutralize electronics. You have plenty of solid lethal and non-lethal equipment options to find, debilitate, or kill campers. Ghost is now worthless for camping, and unfortunately also worthless for sniping now which used to be my favorite method of play; which by the way, people like you hindered MY game experience because you couldn't adapt and instead whined, thanks.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing people complain about this sort of thing. This game has gone so far out to hurt campers and help players find ways to beat them, but being lazy and whining is still much easier I suppose. I learned how to deal with campers back in MW1, I don't know why so many of you are too inept to do it also.

Finally, yes, this game has flaws. It isn't perfect, and I'm not defending the game. I'm just trying to point out how simply -wrong- so many of you are. I don't say people are wrong often, because we are all entitled to our opinions, but it sounds like people are stating incorrect information as facts, and that IS wrong. People still camp, sure, but there are plenty of ways to deal with them. If you can't adapt, that's on you, not the game.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#25AlphaEndPosted 11/21/2012 2:28:20 AM
They give you the tools to counter camp too. There's a freaking perk to counter almost everything you mentioned. Rocking cold blooded and engineer eliminates 90% of your complaints.
#26keyblade_lordPosted 11/21/2012 2:48:22 AM
They should make a map that is just a giant flat plain. No walls. I think it would be kind of fun to see different strategies on it. It would pretty much eliminate camping too, except for maybe spawn camping.
---
OBJECTION! This Topic Clearly Sucks!
PSN, Steam and Gamertag: Joseponypants
#27lee__dPosted 11/21/2012 2:58:55 AM
Camping is fine when I do it.

Camping is gay when I'm running and gunning.

Yea, I admit it, I just whine when I play poorly. Oh well
#28JRCxyzPosted 11/21/2012 3:00:00 AM
Hi Lock.

SoulAssassin226 posted...

People need to STFU about camping already. They've nerfed ghost to hell to where it is ONLY good for rushing, yet I am sure that people will start complaining once enough people get ghost and they start getting killed by people they didn't know were coming and couldn't just ADS in anticipation. You complain about the combination of shock charges and betties, are you not aware that there is a perk called engineer which makes them glow bright f***ing red for you, making them impossible to miss? Oh, you must be one of those guys who needs dexterity because your thumb can't seem to ease off the left stick. Betties are also pretty easy to dodge by going prone or just crouching to take less damage and shock charges make a distinct sound when you're close and I've spotted dozens of them without engineer.

MSR? Are you referring to the Millimeter Scanner (MMS)? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the MMS ONLY pick up somebody through walls if they are stationary. In other words, it works to PREVENT people from "camping." No ghost until level 55 so mostly everyone is on the radar and yet you still complain that the game sucks because people are not running around like f***ing idiots so you can shoot them in the back. You are the type of player that is plaguing the CoD games.

Actually, this. I thought the MMS sight was made to prevent camping (which I think was a pretty cool, innovative idea) and Ghost, unless I'm mistaken, only works when moving so you are effectively going to use it if you are on the move, not camping.

To me, the premise of the OP is wrong. If anything, Treyarch is trying to diminish camping through these attachments, perk balancing, and - apparently - map design.

hylianSW posted...
I don't understand your point about the camping. If you have been playing COD so long you should learn a few things. 1) Never play domination if the enemy team has a clan. 2) Don't play domination unless you keep in mind there is a chance you will get spawn trapped ( i have a rule where i leave if i die 4 times in a row to spare my K/D). 3) If you aren't a camper yourself than learn the camping spots and prepare for people to be there. 4) People will call you a camper if u sit still for a quarter of a second. 5) your a no-life if you are more than a level higher than the person your fighting with. 6) If campers bug you so much maybe they are onto something, try camping or sniping.

This is so very true. Kinda funny if you've played for some time now. It applies to all COD ;p
---
Official Susano'o Itachi of the Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Stom 3 boards
"When the rich wage war, is the poor who die"
#29SoulAssassin226Posted 11/21/2012 3:23:19 AM
BDSMKane posted...
Let me start off by saying the only time I ever sit still is sniping, reloading, or trying to ambush someone like a flag runner, otherwise I like running around more. If anyone honestly wants advice for dealing with campers, and is capable of asking in a civilized and coherent manner, just ask and I'll help if I can.

However, TC, your complaints sound completely unfounded. As others have pointed out, the MMS, if that is what you meant, is actually designed to let you find campers behind walls. The Target Finder can be useful, but a simple perk renders it useless; not to mention the other ways to neutralize electronics. You have plenty of solid lethal and non-lethal equipment options to find, debilitate, or kill campers. Ghost is now worthless for camping, and unfortunately also worthless for sniping now which used to be my favorite method of play; which by the way, people like you hindered MY game experience because you couldn't adapt and instead whined, thanks.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing people complain about this sort of thing. This game has gone so far out to hurt campers and help players find ways to beat them, but being lazy and whining is still much easier I suppose. I learned how to deal with campers back in MW1, I don't know why so many of you are too inept to do it also.

Finally, yes, this game has flaws. It isn't perfect, and I'm not defending the game. I'm just trying to point out how simply -wrong- so many of you are. I don't say people are wrong often, because we are all entitled to our opinions, but it sounds like people are stating incorrect information as facts, and that IS wrong. People still camp, sure, but there are plenty of ways to deal with them. If you can't adapt, that's on you, not the game.

Very well said. I'm the type of player that tries to lock down an area because I don't like getting shot in the back so I often get called a camper even though all I'm really doing is playing smarter than you are. Also, there are guns in this game other than SMGs and Shotguns, not every gun is designed to run and gun and that becomes very apparent when you see how badly ARs lose to SMGs up close. If I am using a 3-round burst Assault Rifle, the only chance I have at beating your SMG is by playing to my gun's strength of long shots and avoid CQB as much as possible. People are too boneheaded to understand this I guess. I like to run and gun myself around half the time but they have already catered immensely to the brainless idiots who blame "campers" for everything and they still complain.

This is what these people sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVeBgWYpxi8&feature=relmfu

El Presador is funny because it's pretty obvious that it's mostly a joke. He complains about campers killing him when he runs out into the open with his SMG and then he also complains when someone actually rushes him or flanks him. It's funny watching him "rage" because his complaints are just so baseless but this is how most of the CoD community sounds when they get butthurt.
#30gigano25Posted 11/21/2012 5:01:42 AM
The target finder is actually a great tool to find campers if you ask me. Especially the annoying head glitching ones

And I have yet to see, being killed or pick up a gun that uses the millimeter scanner.