Treyarch literally gives people the tools to camp with.

#31BDSMKanePosted 11/21/2012 4:06:38 AM
SoulAssassin226 posted...
BDSMKane posted...
Let me start off by saying the only time I ever sit still is sniping, reloading, or trying to ambush someone like a flag runner, otherwise I like running around more. If anyone honestly wants advice for dealing with campers, and is capable of asking in a civilized and coherent manner, just ask and I'll help if I can.

However, TC, your complaints sound completely unfounded. As others have pointed out, the MMS, if that is what you meant, is actually designed to let you find campers behind walls. The Target Finder can be useful, but a simple perk renders it useless; not to mention the other ways to neutralize electronics. You have plenty of solid lethal and non-lethal equipment options to find, debilitate, or kill campers. Ghost is now worthless for camping, and unfortunately also worthless for sniping now which used to be my favorite method of play; which by the way, people like you hindered MY game experience because you couldn't adapt and instead whined, thanks.

Honestly, I'm tired of hearing people complain about this sort of thing. This game has gone so far out to hurt campers and help players find ways to beat them, but being lazy and whining is still much easier I suppose. I learned how to deal with campers back in MW1, I don't know why so many of you are too inept to do it also.

Finally, yes, this game has flaws. It isn't perfect, and I'm not defending the game. I'm just trying to point out how simply -wrong- so many of you are. I don't say people are wrong often, because we are all entitled to our opinions, but it sounds like people are stating incorrect information as facts, and that IS wrong. People still camp, sure, but there are plenty of ways to deal with them. If you can't adapt, that's on you, not the game.

Very well said. I'm the type of player that tries to lock down an area because I don't like getting shot in the back so I often get called a camper even though all I'm really doing is playing smarter than you are. Also, there are guns in this game other than SMGs and Shotguns, not every gun is designed to run and gun and that becomes very apparent when you see how badly ARs lose to SMGs up close. If I am using a 3-round burst Assault Rifle, the only chance I have at beating your SMG is by playing to my gun's strength of long shots and avoid CQB as much as possible. People are too boneheaded to understand this I guess. I like to run and gun myself around half the time but they have already catered immensely to the brainless idiots who blame "campers" for everything and they still complain.

Thank you, and I agree. There is a degree of skill and forethought involved with playing online effectively, and while being quick is certainly advantageous, it isn't everything. There was another topic where I saw people complaining about SMGs in general, and I feel it is the same sort of mindset. Yes, SMGs are amazingly balanced guns that err on the side of mobility, but every type of gun in this game can be effective if your play style compliments it properly.

For example, if you want to use SMGs, avoid bottlenecks and long straights while keeping mobile. If you want to use a Shotgun, roam buildings and avoid going into the open. If you want to use LMGs, pick a central location to stick around that gives you easy access to multiple paths. If you want to use Sniper Rifles, find an area with moderate cover and a good sight line and if possible a small exit corridor. An AR can pretty well adapt to any play style, jack of all trades but master of none.

All the time spent complaining could be used to learn to play better. However, some people can never be happy, and I just hope developers stop catering to those people.
---
"Among creatures born into chaos, a majority will imagine an order, a minority will question the order, and the rest will be pronounced insane."
#32ocelot902Posted 11/21/2012 4:36:45 AM
jjmac12345 posted...
Those sights annoy me too. It's like they don't even have to look for you, they just ads and wait for the red box to pop up. It's like they put a bullseye on you. This type of gameplay isn't camping, its more like waiting, just wait for guys to come buy and pick them off. It's worse than camping cause campers usually suck, these waiters are people who use this lame gameplay as their strategy cause they can't do anything else.

I know right! Most rushing friendly my ass. I hate that sight.
---
I don't have a sig cuz gamefaqs says I can't have one...
#33adamoldenPosted 11/21/2012 4:47:21 AM
I use the scope with the target indicator on my SMG for the added range and accuracy along with the long barrel. The target indicator really doesn't help much, if anything it obscures your view. The sight line is narrow and you can't see anything past what you're looking at, and most people run cold blooded or whatever anyway, so it rarely even shows people. Plus at a distance the triangle is often WAY bigger than the person is, or shows them behind cover, so even if you try to fire on them, you just waste ammo and alert anyone nearby of your location. In mid range combat though, the added range and accuracy it gives is bomb. Indicator or not. I only take it over the other sight, even though I cant unlock the different sights for extra exp, because it has equal range and accuracy and because the extra accuracy of the other sight is overkill combined with long barrel. End up with 1 over max accuracy from it, which doesnt even count, so why use it?
#34NO2_FiendPosted 11/21/2012 5:01:20 AM
Really they just need to get rid of head glitching I can't believe it's still around after all these years if I can only see your head it is not possible for you to shoot me.... or it shouldn't be. They really need to fix that.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#35Jin_SakazakiPosted 11/21/2012 5:03:44 AM
So, is everyone that's complaining going to continue to play?
---
Tonight I dine on turtler soup.....
#36NO2_FiendPosted 11/21/2012 5:04:23 AM
I am.
---
I can't believe I've been here this long....
#37orphanjohnPosted 11/21/2012 5:10:13 AM
Masterpie3000 posted...
tactical mask, enginner, crouch button, flak jacket, cold blooded... did i miss anything?

oh yah playing well

---
PSN: orphanjohn/OrphanFromdabloc
Currently playing: Dark Souls, UMvC3, Transformers: FoC, Black Ops 2
#38SA_X_Mk_IIPosted 11/21/2012 5:35:47 AM
TC, well played, you trolled and only need a couple of very basic responses to keep the topic going.

+1 for you I guess.

For the people that might actually be seriously complaining about things that have obvious counters for... The school for special kids is thataway ------------------->
---
.: Tamoketh :: DRM is the fix no one wants, for a problem you can't avoid :.
.: You gotta be can we do you think if we can make a should just be alone? :.
#39OhNoItsLizPosted 11/21/2012 6:20:57 AM
Masterpie3000 posted...
tactical mask, enginner, crouch button, flak jacket, cold blooded... did i miss anything?

oh yah playing well

+PDA
---
New signature.
#40RebelGameMasterPosted 11/21/2012 6:24:19 AM
Oh Lawd, I will not be around to see what Treyarch does next to appease this whining TC.
---
The greatest reaction a successful troll can get is have his/her message moderated.