Treyarch literally gives people the tools to camp with.

#61Suiko SlavePosted 11/21/2012 12:31:24 PM
SoulAssassin226 posted...
Suiko Slave posted...
I used the Contra analogy as an over exaggerated example to prove how pathetic I think most campers are. I was basically saying that today's gamer would play like that. It was a joke. Not surprising that most of you dolts couldn't notice that.

I'm a pure rusher that has carried a 2 kd in every COD to be released including BO2. I rush, but still use my brain. I can easily go back and dispose of a camper that just killed me.

My main point to the people who play this way in TDM is that if every person on every team just took up a defensive position on a part of the map, the game would time out and end in a draw.

Why don't you guys understand this? It's like you've all been blinded. I'm not saying you have to run around like a chicken with your head cutoff, but so many of you guys play so passively, it starts making each match boring.

You can say I'm an idiot, or I'm whining, but you guys all know deep down that I make a valid point. And remember, I'm talking about TDM.

Sure, the matches would end in a time out if everyone camped, but they don't. Matches still end for me in 5-7 minutes just like they always have in CoD games. At the same time, if EVERYONE rushed at all times, matches would end 75-74 and it would basically be a cluster f*** with no skill at all, just about who can go barely over 1:1 to give their team points. If you want to play a game that just about a race to a certain number of kills no matter how many deaths you have go play FFA. There, you can die 35 times if you want and still win as long as you get to 30 first.

If everybody ran around the games would most certainly not end 75-74 because most of the people who play this game are awful, hence why they have to fortify themselves. It's the only way they can get kills on a consistent basis. You guys just don't get it.

Me and the guys I play with had a 500 game winstreak in MW3 and 90% of the time we were playing people who moved. They just weren't as good at it.
#62Asylum_71Posted 11/21/2012 1:05:29 PM
While I wouldn't have exactly phrased it the way TC did, he's right... Thanks to Hastro, the maps have a million and one objects that were CLEARLY thrown in there just as head glitch spots (especially those which look down hallways/corridors which makes for extremely campy and slow-paced game play. There are hardly any linear maps anymore. They're simply not as good as BO's maps on the whole.

I still like the game and will continue to play it; however, I'm disappointed in the map design/quality.
---
if activision were a physical entity, i'd wrap my hands around its neck and have an orgasm as i feel its pulse slow down" - mega boie715
#63JRCxyzPosted 11/21/2012 3:36:11 PM
MEPS3 posted...
SoulAssassin226 posted...

So what you're saying is that you want every single person to run the same exact strategy, aka run around like a headless chicken, aka no f***ing strategy at all? The community is half the reason why I am quitting CoD for good after this game. It is clear that this series is full of kids with ADD who can't seem to sit still for a second so they complain to try to make sure no one else can utilize any type of strategy against them. And these seem to be the type of people they are starting to cater to. God forbid you get outplayed because you ran through a line of sight utilized by snipers with a submachine gun. NERF!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Actually those kinds of games are some of the most fun ones I've played in every CoD: everyone has a lot of kills and deaths. Action never stops, etc. Walking around for a good 2 minutes w/o encountering an enemy and then getting killed by campers is BORING.

2) Snipers often get unfair advantages with no flinching and too much health: many times you can see a sniper, shoot half a clip into them (and get hit markers confirming you were on target)...nothing. While being riddled with bullets they don't die, maintain perfect aim, and OHK you. God forbid a sniper lose a gunfight for, you know, getting shot a bunch of times

#1 I agree with. #2 isn't true. Snipers don't get more health and sure as hell aren't immune to flinch when they got shot (at least in games pre-BO2). Is this the case for BO2? I just can't see that happening. If you asked me, I'd say it's just the lag that's causing these things to happen.

adamolden posted...
Uh they crack down pretty hard on people now..or they will once the initial mass of players thins out.. if you call someone a b(w)itch or whatever, and they report you..it could get ugly. Or at the very least, some are making it out to be the case.

It wouldn't get ugly if by ugly you mean being banned. You lose your mic privileges and so can't speak in lobbies.
---
Official Susano'o Itachi of the Naruto Shipudden: Ultimate Ninja Stom 3 boards
"When the rich wage war, is the poor who die"
#64nimatoda666Posted 11/23/2012 11:15:11 PM
Only read post 1, solutions:

1. Target finder/mms? COLD BLOODED. When target finders expect to see you they don't look if you have cold blooded its really easy.

2. Shock charges? Bouncing berries? Hmm maybe tactical mask and flak jacket? And going prone when you hear Betty goes off? It's really not that difficult. Then practice, and learn where people hide,
Toss a flash bang in or shock charge the get a free headshot, you can even have scavenger for even more fun with grenades.
#65Lockon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 11:51:07 PM
nimatoda666 posted...
Only read post 1, solutions:

1. Target finder/mms? COLD BLOODED. When target finders expect to see you they don't look if you have cold blooded its really easy.

2. Shock charges? Bouncing berries? Hmm maybe tactical mask and flak jacket? And going prone when you hear Betty goes off? It's really not that difficult. Then practice, and learn where people hide,
Toss a flash bang in or shock charge the get a free headshot, you can even have scavenger for even more fun with grenades.

1. The Baby sight still flashes red even when you have cold blooded on

2. I shouldn't have to wear a freaking tactical mask for shock charges. Flakjacket should negate the effects..How the hell does a mask--*Sigh* Treyarch logic.
---
Everybody talks and everybody listens, but somehow it's always the truth that comes up missing.
R3D.
#66copycat2008Posted 11/24/2012 12:13:03 AM
why does everyone wants us to play the way they want us to play?
there should be a game mode just for run/gunners with radar 24/7 on
and game modes for different players. but treyarch decide to nerf everything run/gunners hate.
#67metalfanPosted 11/24/2012 12:47:38 AM
It is 100% pathetic to complain about people using the tools available to them inside of the game to win. It's also pathetic to complain about things that have counters.
---
RIP Smokin' Joe Frazier. You were a true warrior and you will be missed.
#68R_NellyPosted 11/24/2012 8:24:18 AM
Quote:I agree with the OP. Camping gets worse with ever COD game. I'm actually starting to lose hope in today's gamers and I also think it's telling about the youth of society that they have to play like that in order to do well in a video game.

I'm not talking about other game modes either. You are supposed to play defensive and cautious in many of the game modes. I'm strictly talking about TDM. It's the one game mode where I think people should be moving all the time. I can honestly say that I can find a lobby where every player on the other team has taken up a defensive position and let the action come to them.

Anybody who disagrees is probably a camper and therefore their argument is rendered mute.

I grew up in the 80's playing games like Contra. I didn't stay on the first screen and wait for the enemy to come to me. I moved. Come out and fight me heads up and let's see who wins, oh wait, you tried that strategy in BO and MW3 and it didn't work for you, hence why you are now a camper.

@Suiko Slave

So basically you're upset that you can't deal with somebody sniping you from half-way across the map? Maybe stop running and gunning for two seconds and exercise a modicum of strategy? I mean, sure it sucks when you get killed by somebody across the map, but it isn't his fault for camping it's your fault for not being able to anticipate that persons actions.
#69YomonachiPosted 11/24/2012 9:06:42 AM
I like KZ3 as a FPS.
---
1st in the State (Again), 13th in the Nation :)
SEN: Soruichi_Kitty
#70params7Posted 11/24/2012 10:01:16 AM
If you are camping with your eyes peeled into those scopes, you're going to get taken out VERY fast. Ghost does not protect stationary anymore and people will get you at an angle.
---
http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/params7
http://i35.tinypic.com/2qd27na.png