'My K/D is worse in this game than BL1, i'm blaming lag'

#21MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:29:20 AM
Tomaceo1983 posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
MEPS3 posted...
TC has a point. Fact is, lag affects us all at some point or another (some more than others, particularly those who do it on purpose to gain-an-edge but that's a different issue). However, when lag is benefiting them people generally don't seem to notice: "Yeah, of course I killed those 4 guys that had me surrounded, i'm just THAT good." But when they're the ones getting screwed by it suddenly lag is "a HUGE issue that's RUINING the game."

This is the exact point i'm trying to get across, these people who claim that it's the games fault don't seem to realise that it could have been the fact that they were lagging on the other games which in turn made the game easier for themselves. Like you said if your the one lagging you wouldnt notice it so you would automatically just think that everybody else was worse than you. BO2 has cut a lot of these issues out and in turn it's caused these people to come out the woodwork and start claiming the game is now lagging for them. It's not lagging, your just having to deal with the same issues everybody else has been having to deal with since MW1.

In reply to your message. They should make people like me suffer who are one of those people who goes 40-5 on every map cause the next person is not as good as me. Thats B.S.
Instead they should do a ranking system like halo 3 where you only play with others on your level and the crappier you do you drop in rank. So there for elite is only playing elite. This whole system is out of wack . It truley turned me off of this one. its plain out retarded

Thats exactly what the league play is for, it matches you up with people the same level as you. It also matches you up with players who have the best connection to you. If yur bothered about your K/D you shouldnt even be touching the normal playlists.
#22jjmac12345Posted 11/21/2012 8:34:58 AM
Why would someone with the same internet connection lag on black ops and not on black ops 2?
---
I've started falling apart, I'm not savoring life.
#23MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:43:36 AM
jjmac12345 posted...
Why would someone with the same internet connection lag on black ops and not on black ops 2?

Because the net code has been changed in the past two years maybe?
#24gucciburrrPosted 11/21/2012 8:50:24 AM
They have not fixed the lagging issue from the previous installments. Is this a damn joke???
#25darkshadowmasterPosted 11/21/2012 8:52:28 AM
**** my K/D. I've never cared about it TBH.

What I care about is how I'm dying to things outside of my control because the game cripples me after picking me for host.

I don't care if I repeatedly go 1-22 every game as long as the reason it happened was because I was outplayed.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#26Ice WeaselPosted 11/21/2012 8:56:59 AM
darkshadowmaster posted...
**** my K/D. I've never cared about it TBH.

What I care about is how I'm dying to things outside of my control because the game cripples me after picking me for host.

I don't care if I repeatedly go 1-22 every game as long as the reason it happened was because I was outplayed.

I think most rational people are okay with being outplayed. I know there are lots of worse players than me out there and lots of much better ones. What's upsetting is when the game literally takes all skill out of the equation. I have games where I kick ass and others where I get destroyed - sometimes against most of the same opponents. It's that inconsistency which is frustrating because you truly don't know how good or bad of a player you are. When you're lagging even a fraction of a second behind, it can make all the difference in the world.

I don't want to go 5-25 or 25-5 if neither was legitimate.
#27MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 8:57:37 AM
gucciburrr posted...
They have not fixed the lagging issue from the previous installments. Is this a damn joke???

No it's being realistic, do you seriously think they have just kept the net code the same since MW1? I don't know about other people but i'm finding this game to be a lot less laggy than BO1, i honestly think the only people complaining about it are the people who are now finding that their super fast fibre internet dosnt give them an unfair advantage over everybody else now.

Welcome to the world that 99.99% of the black ops community have had to put up with since these games started, we got used to it, your going to have to now as well. **** happens!
#28darkstar1080Posted 11/21/2012 8:57:50 AM
Good players find a way to deal with it? In every other cod game I could own lobbies and hold a 2+ k/d with the starting handgun. In this game I can run and gun with anything Nd barely carry a 1.5. I can't help I fire 4 burst from a Chicom into someone to receive no hitmarkers. But yeah, I guess I'm just not good enough to adjust to something out of my control lmao
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#29Lord_TenseEyePosted 11/21/2012 9:02:24 AM
truly_FLCL posted...
PhantomLaser posted...
why you gotta type in all caps bro?

Because the mental age of many people on this forum might not be able to fathom upper and lower case letters.

says the guy who doesn't know your from you're

ROFL
#30gucciburrrPosted 11/21/2012 9:05:40 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
gucciburrr posted...

No it's being realistic, do you seriously think they have just kept the net code the same since MW1? I don't know about other people but i'm finding this game to be a lot less laggy than BO1, i honestly think the only people complaining about it are the people who are now finding that their super fast fibre internet dosnt give them an unfair advantage over everybody else now.

Welcome to the world that 99.99% of the black ops community have had to put up with since these games started, we got used to it, your going to have to now as well. **** happens!

Um, changing the netcode doesn't equate to fixing the lag. I've been playing the MP since CoD 2, so I have enough experience to speak on this. The lag issue is nowhere near fixed nor is it any better than previous installments. It's nice that the game is alot less laggy for you. However, the plethora of lag complaints on multiple forums and twitter assures that the lag issue didn't go away or improve solely based on your experience...