'My K/D is worse in this game than BL1, i'm blaming lag'

#31Silverfox6669Posted 11/21/2012 9:10:23 AM
I hope people know Lag comp IS in this game... thats why it seems like you get shot from around the corner but really they came around the corner and then started shooting.... as for the tc's opinion on people having an unfair advantage.... why is it unfair that we pay extra for better internet so we have to suffer from lag comp? we have better internet so we get to be a half second to a second behind the enemy... have you ever played someone really laggy? to the point where they are hopping around the screen.. looks like they are teleporting, Those people have an unfair advantage.. they are so hard to hit
#32MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:10:29 AM
gucciburrr posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
gucciburrr posted...
They have not fixed the lagging issue from the previous installments. Is this a damn joke???

No it's being realistic, do you seriously think they have just kept the net code the same since MW1? I don't know about other people but i'm finding this game to be a lot less laggy than BO1, i honestly think the only people complaining about it are the people who are now finding that their super fast fibre internet dosnt give them an unfair advantage over everybody else now.

Welcome to the world that 99.99% of the black ops community have had to put up with since these games started, we got used to it, your going to have to now as well. **** happens!

Um, changing the netcode doesn't equate to fixing the lag. I've been playing the MP since CoD 2, so I have enough experience to speak on this. The lag issue is nowhere near fixed nor is it any better than previous installments. It's nice that the game is alot less laggy for you. However, the plethora of lag complaints on multiple forums and twitter assures that the lag issue didn't go away or improve solely based on your experience...

Or it could be a bunch on bandwagon jumpers who are overeacting. I think i'd opt for the latter of the two reasons tbh.
#33MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:15:10 AM
darkstar1080 posted...
Good players find a way to deal with it? In every other cod game I could own lobbies and hold a 2+ k/d with the starting handgun. In this game I can run and gun with anything Nd barely carry a 1.5. I can't help I fire 4 burst from a Chicom into someone to receive no hitmarkers. But yeah, I guess I'm just not good enough to adjust to something out of my control lmao

Yeh because you had a laggy connection that made the game easier for you to play, a problem they have now fixed, which is why your now having issues killing people.
#34MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:17:04 AM
Silverfox6669 posted...
I hope people know Lag comp IS in this game... thats why it seems like you get shot from around the corner but really they came around the corner and then started shooting.... as for the tc's opinion on people having an unfair advantage.... why is it unfair that we pay extra for better internet so we have to suffer from lag comp? we have better internet so we get to be a half second to a second behind the enemy... have you ever played someone really laggy? to the point where they are hopping around the screen.. looks like they are teleporting, Those people have an unfair advantage.. they are so hard to hit

And how do you know that you wernt doing that in other peoples lobbys in the previous games and thats why you seemed to be better at those ones?
#35WM_PMCPosted 11/21/2012 9:18:04 AM
People with better internet should have a better connection. That's just how it should work. People pay more money to have better internet. Game companies shouldn't be implementing ways to nullify what people pay good money for.
---
PSN: WingNut125
http://w11.zetaboards.com/KillinginProgress/site/
#36MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:32:13 AM
WM_PMC posted...
People with better internet should have a better connection. That's just how it should work. People pay more money to have better internet. Game companies shouldn't be implementing ways to nullify what people pay good money for.

Do you not understand that with a game that is using P2P to do it's lobbys, it dosnt matter how fast your connection is if the rest of the lobby has a worse internet connection then you, everybody is only as quick as the person hosting the game. You knew this before you bought the game as did everybody else, but you still went ahead and bought it. This has been the same since P2P was invented, it's not like BO2 has all of a sudden caused this problem.
#37Ice WeaselPosted 11/21/2012 9:44:44 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
WM_PMC posted...

Do you not understand that with a game that is using P2P to do it's lobbys, it dosnt matter how fast your connection is if the rest of the lobby has a worse internet connection then you, everybody is only as quick as the person hosting the game. You knew this before you bought the game as did everybody else, but you still went ahead and bought it. This has been the same since P2P was invented, it's not like BO2 has all of a sudden caused this problem.

This game is not peer-to-peer. It uses a client-server network system.
#38MrSpaM111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 9:59:29 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
WM_PMC posted...

Games are hosted by players, this means it's P2P
#39omegaGogetaPosted 11/21/2012 10:19:13 AM
So having a connection to the host that goes from excellent to absolute crap doesn't equate to my K/D ratio being worse? What a wonderful observation TC. You've opened my eyes to a very important solution. Learning to play. If we all had your amazing insight and wisdom we would all be ~so~ much better off.
---
PS3-omegaGogeta;Xbox360-TheOriginalJRod
#40bill1228Posted 11/21/2012 10:23:44 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
MrSpaM111 posted...
WM_PMC posted...

Games are hosted by players, this means it's P2P

No it uses client server network system. The server being Black Ops 2 server, which takes all the data happening in game and decides if that grenade killed you or not for example. It takes this data through the host clients connection. So yes, the hosts connection does matter.

If its bad, it won't keep up with the info it needs to send and receive from the server and to other players. Resulting in Lag Comp being put in place to attempt to even things out. Only problem is that now it slows a faster connections attempts to send data to the host which gives us these unexplainable kill cams.

They just need to tone down Lag Comp slightly and I believe things with be even for the most part. Obviously, lag will always be present though.
---
PSN:Bill1228
Diamond FC: 4296 6629 2870