Are you GOOD yet?

#1One_Too_ManyPosted 11/26/2012 8:39:13 AM
Many people struggle early on, then the beast mode clicks on. Others beast on noobs but have trouble adjusting once enemies get smarter.

I know "good" is subjective, but have you improved much since you first got the game?

What changed?
---
PSN: Yur_My_Lover
#2Ice WeaselPosted 11/26/2012 8:40:35 AM
Normally I get better the more I play a game but with B.O. II it's the opposite. The ONLY mode I can play is Hardcore. I have a KDR of barely 1.00 in Core but it's closer to 4.00 in HC.
#3TheOneYouMissedPosted 11/26/2012 8:42:17 AM
I seem to BEAST for 10 or so games and then get completely trashed the next 10 or so, so no not really. I'm sitting between a 1.45 and 1.49. The lag comp makes this game very hard to adapt to. I'm trying my best, but I just can't grasp certain deaths, so I don't know how to counter them.
---
PSN: TheOneYouMissed
Playing: Black Ops 2 Next up: Persona 3 FES
#4AldousIsDeadPosted 11/26/2012 8:44:23 AM
F*** no! I'm honestly not very good at shooters.

I did start using the FAL Black-hat Engineer combo in Domination a few nights ago though, has really helped push me up towards 1.5k/d
---
In simplicity, utility. Through utility, simplicity.
#5BlaeuPosted 11/26/2012 8:45:29 AM
Well, I'm finally starting to learn specific strategies for various map + mode combinations. Good routes, pushing spawns, and learning where these spawns are pushed too.

Its hard to say if I'm actually better at the game or not, but I've become much smarter with it.
---
"We do not stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing." -- George Bernard Shaw
#6One_Too_Many(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 8:51:55 AM
Blaeu posted...
Its hard to say if I'm actually better at the game or not, but I've become much smarter with it.

For me, being smarter is what defines a "better" player. After a certain point, head-to-head gun fights are a coin flip. Good routes generally means you're constantly flanking enemies and that in a nut shell is the formula for beasting, or basting as I like to call it.
---
#7One_Too_Many(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 9:21:58 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
The ONLY mode I can play is Hardcore. I have a KDR of barely 1.00 in Core but it's closer to 4.00 in HC.

In MW3, I was getting destroyed in CORE, so I jumped over to HARDCORE and my fortunes tuned around. I love HC in MW3 because there was so so so so so so so much BS that would you just couldn't learn from and improve-- just pure random BS that would make you dead and frustrated. HC definitely requires you to improve your aim and reliance on enemy engagement rather than protecting your butt against ScoreStreaks.
---
#8Ice WeaselPosted 11/26/2012 9:35:03 AM
One_Too_Many posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
The ONLY mode I can play is Hardcore. I have a KDR of barely 1.00 in Core but it's closer to 4.00 in HC.

In MW3, I was getting destroyed in CORE, so I jumped over to HARDCORE and my fortunes tuned around. I love HC in MW3 because there was so so so so so so so much BS that would you just couldn't learn from and improve-- just pure random BS that would make you dead and frustrated. HC definitely requires you to improve your aim and reliance on enemy engagement rather than protecting your butt against ScoreStreaks.

Yup. I actually dreaded going into HC, (was dragged in by the party leader who insisted he ONLY plays hardcore), and I had the best matches of my life. I felt like a total beast, lol. Then I go back over to Core and an entire magazine of ammo in someone's back doesn't kill him. *sigh*